Navy Supermod available for download!

oh man I hope HL servrs include this MOD. The adition of the mig with TV weapons opens a whole new tactical plot!!

I have a horrible, horrible feeling that I've forgotten to mod the loadouts for the MiG29K.

That'll be hotfix #2 if it's the case . . . . . . can deal with it in short order, but it's an irritation for now.

Depends on how much like it you want!

JJ_Alfa's v1.02 MiG29K mod includes a number of extra ships, the MiG29K and the Su39 flyable . . . so it's pretty close. Doesn't have the skins or Merzifon, but I think you can achieve pretty close to the same effect in v1.02 by getting some of the the individual mods from the net and installing them all.

Don't think they clash with each other . . . . . .

The page I posted the link to lists what the old V1.02 mod includes.

The Merzifon mod is compatible with all versions of Lock-on, as it only involves files that havent changed from V1.00 to V1.1.....we deliberately chose not to rename the relocated airbase("Razdolnoye") to "Merzifon" because it would have required a modified Meinit.xml and thus make it version specific.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Brit another note!

You CAN make the BMP textures that go into temptextures converted to 8 bit! Use "bright".

Only those who are back to CDDS are always 32 bit (convertion to that format forces this). So theres no need to keep them 32 bit if they are in BMP on temptex. I have experimented this when I made the concrete western runway MOD. it sure hell works.

The F-14 textures alone currently takes 60MB!!!

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Brit another note!

You CAN make the BMP textures that go into temptextures converted to 8 bit! Use "bright".

Only those who are back to CDDS are always 32 bit (convertion to that format forces this). So theres no need to keep them 32 bit if they are in BMP on temptex. I have experimented this when I made the concrete western runway MOD. it sure hell works.

The F-14 textures alone currently takes 60MB!!!

Yup, on the list for the next version is to fiddle with the textures.

I'm also going to follow Alfa's lead and replace the MiG29K model with a MiG29S model from Lomac using the #312 paint scheme - just looks so much better.

. . . . However, Alfa's got the best 29K skin for the 29K model and it isn't finished yet ;)

Fears confirmed - the 29K in that version of the mod is utterly toothless.

OK, I lie, the cannon's in there, but other than that there are NO weapons.

Working on a hotfix - will replace the current hotfix file with the new one and let you know when I'm done.

I have a horrible, horrible feeling that I've forgotten to mod the loadouts for the MiG29K.

That'll be hotfix #2 if it's the case . . . . . . can deal with it in short order, but it's an irritation for now.

Tsk-tsk.....Britglider :icon_mrgr .

Building up the MiG-29K entry - its weapons capabilities and composing the 24 stock payloads accounted for some 95% of the time it took me to make the mod :icon_twis .

BTW.....some of the weapons definitions have changed from V1.02 to V1.1 too, so just transferring the MiG-29K entry directly from my V1.02 Meinit to the V1.12 one(which I thought you did) will lead to some weapons not showing up on the aircraft.

That is one of the things I intend on rectifying with my new V1.1 version :) .

P.S. Yes laser guided weapons(except KAB-500kr) work ok with the MiG-29K.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Tsk-tsk.....Britglider :icon_mrgr .

Building up the MiG-29K entry - its weapons capabilities and composing the 24 stock payloads accounted for some 95% of the time it took me to make the mod :icon_twis .

BTW.....some of the weapons definitions have changed from V1.02 to V1.1 too, so just transferring the MiG-29K entry directly from my V1.02 Meinit to the V1.12 one(which I thought you did) will lead to some weapons not showing up on the aircraft.

That is one of the things I intend on rectifying with my new V1.1 version :) .

P.S. Yes laser guided weapons(except KAB-500kr) work ok with the MiG-29K.

Cheers,

- JJ.

I know, it's a groan-worthy head-smacking moment . . . . whoops.

I thought I'd copied the weapons entries as well . . . . what I actually did was copy them to my v1.11 MeInit and start on a clean v1.12 MeInit before modding things in. I got the header for the MiG29K entry . . . . I didn't get the contents. I'm a muppet.

Have twigged the changed weapons definitions and am working on it.

Anyway, I'm now cheating, I'm using LOPE and find/replace ;)

Ahh, the feeling as you go into the mission editor and your PC hangs with that melodic *donnnng* . . . . . . doncha just love screwing up MeInits? :p

'Tis true, you get the TV screen - however, the POV seems to be mounted somewhere back in the centre of the airframe and it doesn't have a zoom. A lot better than nothing, to be sure . . . . . still allows below-nose targeting. It's what throttle rotaries were invented for ;)

Yup, on the list for the next version is to fiddle with the textures.

I'm also going to follow Alfa's lead and replace the MiG29K model with a MiG29S model from Lomac using the #312 paint scheme - just looks so much better.

Well the MiG-29 model actually - the MiG-29K does not have the "hump" that the MiG-29S has, so the 9-12 model is slightly better for the purpose :) .

. . . . However, Alfa's got the best 29K skin for the 29K model and it isn't finished yet ;)

Thanks - yeah I better get my act together and get it finished :) .

Fears confirmed - the 29K in that version of the mod is utterly toothless.

OK, I lie, the cannon's in there, but other than that there are NO weapons.

No if you just used the original MiG-29K entry, then there is virtually nothing there - no pylon weapons definitions, no payloads etc. Like I said, building up the entry was 95% of the mod - transfering the shape files and making it flyable took 5 mins....tops ;) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Well the MiG-29 model actually - the MiG-29K does not have the "hump" that the MiG-29S has, so the 9-12 model is slightly better for the purpose :) .

I thought it did - I'm getting my versions mixed up, my bad.

No if you just used the original MiG-29K entry, then there is virtually nothing there - no pylon weapons definitions, no payloads etc. Like I said, building up the entry was 95% of the mod - transfering the shape files and making it flyable took 5 mins....tops ;) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

I know . . . . *wince*.

Interesting discovery - the KAB-500L works with the 29K. Acquire target, Alt-W within launch range, and it works.

So even if the 500-kr doesn't work, we've still got a guided bomb :)

I know, it's a groan-worthy head-smacking moment . . . . whoops.

I thought I'd copied the weapons entries as well . . . . what I actually did was copy them to my v1.11 MeInit and start on a clean v1.12 MeInit before modding things in. I got the header for the MiG29K entry . . . . I didn't get the contents. I'm a muppet.

Ah well it happens :)

'Tis true, you get the TV screen - however, the POV seems to be mounted somewhere back in the centre of the airframe and it doesn't have a zoom. A lot better than nothing, to be sure . . . . . still allows below-nose targeting. It's what throttle rotaries were invented for ;)

Yes there is something with the POV - sometimes parts of the airframe seems to interfere with the view, but most of the time it works fine :) . The zoom works fine Britglider......slew the target cursor to the ground and hit TAB key to ground stabilize - then you can zoom ;)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Interesting discovery - the KAB-500L works with the 29K. Acquire target, Alt-W within launch range, and it works.

So even if the 500-kr doesn't work, we've still got a guided bomb :)

Oops my bad I got the designations mixed up there....it is the KAB-500kr(TV guided) that works and the KAB-500L(LGB) that doesnt.

The KAB-500L does not work mate - you can drop it using ALT+W, but it will not track the target and will miss. It is the same problem as with the Su-25T - i.e. there is no laser designation system available that can keep the laser beam on target long enough for the KAB-500L to impact with the target.

The KAB-500kr on the other hand is "fire & forget" and works by comparing a "snap-shot" of the target, obtained via the aircraft TV target acquisition system, with what it sees itself via its onboard TV seeker......so after launch it is operating autonomously.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

I tried the Mig-29K and a few thoughts:

Its using the Su-33 FM, Id rather prefer that of the Mig-29S. its more apropriate.

I also added the weapons to the mig via LOPE.

Another thing: the lock warning sound does not play.

My PC specs below:

Its using the Su-33 FM, Id rather prefer that of the Mig-29S. its more apropriate.

I also added the weapons to the mig via LOPE.

Another thing: the lock warning sound does not play.

. . . . Are you sure it's the Su33 FM? How did you tell?

It certainly should be the MiG29 FM, and unfortunately it's hardcoded so we can't change it.

And you're right on the lock warning sound. Doesn't happen for the Su25UTG either, and at the moment I'm not quite sure why. If I figure it out it'll be included.

Hmmn - not working for me.

What exactly are you doing, with which weapon?

Example:

Load a couple of Kh-29Ts and fly towards your target, switch to A/G mode and switch on EOS("O"-key). As you near the target area, slew the target cursor towards the ground(BTW for some reason the up/down slewing is inverted.....takes a little getting used to) and use TAB key to lock on to the ground(you need to be at a certain distance before it will lock on - same as with the Shkval system of the Su-25T). Once you get the ground lock, you can zoom TV view with "+" and "-" keys, which will make the target cursor slew at a slower speed......then when you have placed the target cursor cross hairs over the target, press "ALT+W" and you will get launch authorisation and can fire the weapon......if you centered the cross hairs properly over the target, the Kh-29T will hit :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Oops my bad I got the designations mixed up there....it is the KAB-500kr(TV guided) that works and the KAB-500L(LGB) that doesnt.

The KAB-500L does not work mate - you can drop it using ALT+W, but it will not track the target and will miss. It is the same problem as with the Su-25T - i.e. there is no laser designation system available that can keep the laser beam on target long enough for the KAB-500L to impact with the target.

The KAB-500kr on the other hand is "fire & forget" and works by comparing a "snap-shot" of the target, obtained via the aircraft TV target acquisition system, with what it sees itself via its onboard TV seeker......so after launch it is operating autonomously.

Cheers,

- JJ.

Logically yes - but I just targeted a building off my line of travel and definitely not under a CCIP pipper. KAB-500L hit it dead on. It shouldn't have done . . . . but it doing so was not a fluke!

I've been trying to use the X45 rotary axis for MFD zoom, which may be why it wasn't working. Will try again with the +/- keys.

The next version of the mod is going to include a proper list of things you can and can't do . . . . . grin.

Its using the Su-33 FM...

No it is not.....if only it was ;)

Because then the carrier capability(hook control etc) would work. Besides, the flight characteristics of the real MiG-29K might actually be closer to those of the Su-33 than to those of the MiG-29S ;)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Logically yes - but I just targeted a building off my line of travel and definitely not under a CCIP pipper. KAB-500L hit it dead on. It shouldn't have done . . . . but it doing so was not a fluke!

Hmm.....I guess I could be wrong about the KAB-500L - I havent tried using it recently, so I dont really know whether this has changed since V1.02.....I will give it a try :) .

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Example:

Load a couple of Kh-29Ts and fly towards your target, switch to A/G mode and switch on EOS("O"-key). As you near the target area, slew the target cursor towards the ground(BTW for some reason the up/down slewing is inverted.....takes a little getting used to) and use TAB key to lock on to the ground(you need to be at a certain distance before it will lock on - same as with the Shkval system of the Su-25T). Once you get the ground lock, you can zoom TV view with "+" and "-" keys, which will make the target cursor slew at a slower speed......then when you have placed the target cursor cross hairs over the target, press "ALT+W" and you will get launch authorisation and can fire the weapon......if you centered the cross hairs properly over the target, the Kh-29T will hit :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

It will come as no surprise to the casual reader that Alfa was right, and muggins was wrong :p

Notes for future reference - MFD zoom axis does NOT work, but +/- keys DO.

Fortunately the warhead on the 29T is, erm, rather large . . . . .

Don't forget the first chapter in the F-15 side of the Black Sea Operations will be released after 1.12a is released. We need to test all the 1.11 missions and fix problems caused by patching!

T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

It will come as no surprise to the casual reader that Alfa was right, and muggins was wrong :p

Notes for future reference - MFD zoom axis does NOT work, but +/- keys DO.

Fortunately the warhead on the 29T is, erm, rather large . . . . .

The laser designator works in 1.12, tried it with the su-30 (meint flyable), you just have to press Shift+O 6 times (like the overrride on the 25t), after that you can slew the designator, and even the kab-1500 will hit (which is soo damn cool)

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

No it is not.....if only it was ;)

Because then the carrier capability(hook control etc) would work. Besides, the flight characteristics of the real MiG-29K might actually be closer to those of the Su-33 than to those of the MiG-29S ;)

Cheers,

- JJ.

I flew it again...it is different from the Mig-29. It flies like trash, sinks in high AOA and drags like an airbrake.I get that sense from the 33. Then I flew Mig-29S again, and it was much more agile.

My PC specs below:

I flew it again...it is different from the Mig-29. It flies like trash, sinks in high AOA and drags like an airbrake.I get that sense fot the 33. Then I flew Mig-29S again, and it was much more agile.

It may be using the Flanker 2.5 MiG29K FM . . . . . which was accused of those same characteristics.

A chap from the Fabulous Fulcrums flew the F2.5 MiG29K and declared pretty much the same thing - however, the 29K doesn't seem to have been upgraded since then and the vanilla MiGs have been finely tuned.

hmm that certainly is interesting, where is the code of FM located in the games files?

Can we swich FM?

or is it dependent of the 3D model we choose for the mig? (I guess with the new K implemented we wont have that issue?)

My PC specs below:

hmm that certainly is interesting, where is the code of FM located in the games files?

Can we swich FM?

or is it dependent of the 3D model we choose for the mig? (I guess with the new K implemented we wont have that issue?)

It's hardcoded in the .exe, unfortunately.

I'm going to upload a version of the mod later this evening with a couple of the glitches mentioned in this thread repaired - will bring it up to what it was supposed to be.

RWR and FM can't be changed, though.

Rgr that thx... if you feel like it, take your time, there no need for rushes. I will look into it tomorrw night.

My PC specs below: