Check when AI aircraft is RTB

phoenixegmh

Hi Folks,

Quick one. Is there a way to check when an aircraft is RTB (Due bingo or winchester) for the purpose of triggering? IE, I am looking to launch a "replacement" aircraft (AWACS/Tanker/CAP) when the aircraft it is replacing is BINGO/Winchester but before the first aircraft lands!

Thanks in advance.

When I want to do this, I don't check for RTB directly, I usually look at things like unit altitude, speed, etc. I had a working system for Tankers and AWACS, I could post the mission so you can copy the triggers, but I can't get to it now. For fighters it's a little trickier since they move around more.

EDIT template added. It's pretty simple, but you could use them until you get a script working.

Respawn template.miz

Edited by Exorcet

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Usually a flight RTB when they have no more task.

You could use a script to check if the group has no more task and is airboren, something like this:

local _unitname = 'InsertNameOfUnitHere'
local _unit = Unit.geByName(_unitname)
local _group = Unit.getGroup(Unit.geByName(_unitname))
local _groupcontrl = Group.getController(_group)

if _unit:inAir() == true and Controller.hasTask(_groupcontrl) == false
then

--Enter function you want to do here#

end

Don´t know if it works, but that`s where I would start trying...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

The 'Tanker respawn script' listed in the builder library seems to have an option to detect if an aircraft is landed.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=112170

This is is the predicate used:

group = group:getUnits()[1]
if not group or Unit.inAir(group) == false then
return true
end

However the plain old 'speed detector' does the job too to figure out of an aircraft is doing something else than flying. Or set a flag when it reaches a waypoint or zone when you need earlier detection. I'm not sure if the Unit.inAir thingy will work properly.

Edited by BRooDJeRo