multiplayer requirements/setup/advice

Poutine

Hi All,

I am planning to give MP a try this weekend but to be honest I don't really know much about it and am not really sure where to take off from:megalol: not funny I know...

My main thing at this point is the lack of a mic'd headset, it seems needed so I plan on picking up one later this week (tips?), but beyond that, is there any supporting software, setup, hacks or 'apps' that are required/recommended? BTW Where do some of you helpful folk go?

Keeping in mind that I'm only a few months in to this amazing sim and am NOT looking for my xbox(1) log-on die, log-on die, log-on die, log-on die, log-on shoot then die, log-on die, type of weekend!!

Jane's ATF Gold (1997), DCS World A-10C

M5A99Xevo, SAPPHIRE HD-7770-OC, AMD FX-6100, 8GB RAM, WIN7-64

TM HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR5, Sennheiser PC363D, MFD Cougar Pack, Samsung UHD U28D590D and Local Craft Beer

The learning curve is steep, but unless you aren't facing any enemy.. you will probably be doing a lot of dying. Try the servers that host training missions.

I don't always openly list my things. But when I do, I put it in my signature.

The Virtual Aerobatics server is the best place for non-combat flying (regardless of aircraft). Their website appears to be down at the moment but the link is

http://www.virtual-aerobatics.com/

Btw, Teamspeak is the comm software used on most sites. It has a free client available here: http://www.teamspeak.com/

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

thanks for the feedback.

a niffy app that teamspeak, but found myself talk to nobody a lot!! Then I was reminded (in chat) that I had it set up as a PTT D'oh!

A quick y/n as I still need to review more of the settings but is there a way to boost just the TS over the other audio in the headset?

Anyways, did manage to get on for a short review/training type mission with a few fellas. Was a fun hour or so. Was nice to see my setup worked well enough.

beers!!

TM HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR5, Sennheiser PC363D, MFD Cougar Pack, Samsung UHD U28D590D and Local Craft Beer

thanks for the feedback.

a niffy app that teamspeak, but found myself talk to nobody a lot!! Then I was reminded (in chat) that I had it set up as a PTT D'oh!

A quick y/n as I still need to review more of the settings but is there a way to boost just the TS over the other audio in the headset?

Anyways, did manage to get on for a short review/training type mission with a few fellas. Was a fun hour or so. Was nice to see my setup worked well enough.

beers!!

Go into your DCS audio options and turn down the WORLD slider. That should help.

Try and learn some airport manners ..... listen to the traffic control . Take off in right direction . The tower will tell you the runway number so go to F10 and sat view onto the little icon of you . Both ends of the runwaz will have its heading printed in white letters .

Don't team kill ..... it happens sometimes but if you do it a lot your game rep will suffer over other servers .

Listen to landing instructions ..... and hope you have lots of fun . Im sure you will find it is all worth it .

Kind regards

Ger

Try and learn some airport manners ..... listen to the traffic control . Take off in right direction . The tower will tell you the runway number so go to F10 and sat view onto the little icon of you . Both ends of the runwaz will have its heading printed in white letters .

Don't team kill ..... it happens sometimes but if you do it a lot your game rep will suffer over other servers .

Listen to landing instructions ..... and hope you have lots of fun . Im sure you will find it is all worth it .

Kind regards

Ger

Airport manners, such as refilling the coffee pot!! Got it!

In my SP I've just been setting the HSI for the runway orientation as an alternative. Never thought of the sat view... Guess that is why I've gotten turned around on the taxiways.

Airport manners, such as refilling the coffee pot!! Got it!

In my SP I've just been setting the HSI for the runway orientation as an alternative. Never thought of the sat view... Guess that is why I've gotten turned around on the taxiways.

Yup ..... the coffee pot is right .

A trackir5 TIR5 is a must . Its a little expensive but if u get it you will never play again without it .

Then think about a better stick . Im still lookin at buying pedals .....

Yup ..... the coffee pot is right .

A trackir5 TIR5 is a must . Its a little expensive but if u get it you will never play again without it .

Then think about a better stick . Im still lookin at buying pedals .....

HaYa I found a burning hole in my pocket in past few months but my in game experience has somehow dramatically improved with the HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR5, Sennheiser PC363D and Local Craft Beer