snap view

Pinefang

I've used snap view for a while, however, when I load missions now they don't appear correctly. Numpad 4 & 6 used to L/R MFD's with 1,2 & 3 being radios and CDU displays. Now 1 & 2 are R/L MFD's and I can't get any views of CDU or radios.

Any ideas I can't think what I've done but I've tried various missions and its always the same.

Thanks,

I've used snap view for a while, however, when I load missions now they don't appear correctly. Numpad 4 & 6 used to L/R MFD's with 1,2 & 3 being radios and CDU displays. Now 1 & 2 are R/L MFD's and I can't get any views of CDU or radios.

Any ideas I can't think what I've done but I've tried various missions and its always the same.

Thanks,

You may want to try deleting the view folder in the saved games/DCS/config folder. It will build a new one that may work as before.

• 1 year later...

Snap View

RCtrl-Num0 locks you in snap view mode.

Well, I tried the technique suggested but when I select a view the view will stay. As I release the keys the view snaps back. Any ideas wold be appreciated.

Thanks. :joystick:

It is always best to not fly too fast or fly too slow. So I fly half fast. :D

you need to select what snap view you wish to reset 1st, for example snap view 1, Press the Numpad 0 and Numpad 1,,,, once you see the snap view you want to keep it as, then press RCtl and Numpad 1.

At least thats how it used to work,, I reset some snap views over the weekend for DCS 1.5, and they did NOT take as they do with DCS 1.2?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Snap views can ve invoked as either latched or unlatched.

Latch/Toggle Snap Views

1. Ensure cockpit viewup, viewdown, etc. are mapped to a single key with no modifiers (SHF, CTL, etc.)
  2. Press together LCTL + NUM0 then N, where N is the desired snap view key.
  3. Snap view will now be latched.
  4. To unlatch, press NUM0.