sa11 too aggressive, fires too early.

camsr

They do IF you don't try to make them lose all their energy. I really enjoy Buk teasing...making them let loose their load and nailing them when they are helpless...Wipe out an entire SA-11 site and you will score points big time.

They do IF you don't try to make them lose all their energy. I really enjoy Buk teasing...making them let loose their load and nailing them when they are helpless...Wipe out an entire SA-11 site and you will score points big time.

Not if it's properly protected you won't :music_whistling:

Those goddamn SA-15s...

Did a SEAD run against those bastards, waited till he shot at me, then immediately fired 2 missiles in quick succession, and went defensive. He managed to shoot me down from Rmax, and then my two missiles out of the sky. Extreme doesn't even begin to describe it.

Those goddamn SA-15s...

Did a SEAD run against those bastards, waited till he shot at me, then immediately fired 2 missiles in quick succession, and went defensive. He managed to shoot me down from Rmax, and then my two missiles out of the sky. Extreme doesn't even begin to describe it.

Strange, usually I fire off 2 mavs in quick succession and he's only able to take the first one down, can't react quick enough to the second, it's kind of the whole reason behind my strategy....

But if you say they can multitrack and launch on 2 of them that are less than a second apart in flight then..... :helpsmilie:

Edited by GC1993

Funny I have been hitting those quite easily in the CA-Push campaign. I fly at him with my jammer on at around 8000', locked up in the TGP and Mav ready to fire, wait till he fires (usually around 6.9nm), fire my Mav and break and start kicking out a bit of chaff now and then. Also start jinking to make the missile lose energy. It gets close but not enough before it explodes and by then my Mav is nearly on top of him and he is still tracking me so he gets hit.

An SA-11 site is definitly a job for SEAD mission and aircrafts.

If you do not like to fly with the Su25-T, wait best for a DCS jet that can engage with AGM-88.

I'm waiting. Until this, I fly BMS Falcon.

Edited by whiggy

and he is still tracking me so he gets hit.

Aye, that's the bug/weakness: As long as he is tracking you he forgets about the incoming Mav. That's why intelligent mission-design will have two of the suckers there :D

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I've been running straight to BUKs, 22500 altitude, full throttle. Been running straight with the missile launch, and it exploded before it could reach me. Had to avoid the second one though, but still it was a waste.

I'm still of the opinion they were more deadly before, when they launched around 15 miles. And even there, it was decently easy to evade them. Not even using countermeasures, just manuevers.

Same goes with HAWKs. 23nm launch, and it's not even reaching you.

And I still manage to take them out both with an A-10C.

Two a10s, and it's even easier (one plays as bait).

Aye, that's the bug/weakness: As long as he is tracking you he forgets about the incoming Mav. That's why intelligent mission-design will have two of the suckers there :D

Really intelligent design. I've found that multiple systems will ALWAYS track the highest priority threat.

I've had 2 patriots set up, with bombers inbound from different directions. Both patriots locked up the same contact and ignored the 2nd UNTIL the first was destroyed.