Problem installing mod

BallsOFire

I'm trying to install the Enhanced Terrain mod by Toby23 and am unable to copy the files into the zipped folders as directed. I've edited the security settings on the DCSWorld folder as directed but all the Allow boxes were already checked except for "Special permissions" which was grayed out. I tried using 7 Zip as well but it won't let me write to that location. My account is the only one on this PC and it's an admin account. Win 7 Pro. Any suggestions?

I5, GTX1060, TM Warthog A-10C Flightstick, TM TWCS, Odyssey+ WMR

Perhaps it's 7-ZIP that has trouble re-packing the files. You can investigategate this by using another program like WinRAR. It's free to use and to DL.

Other options to look into are turning off 'User Account Control' in the Windows personal account settings and turning off/remove anti-virus software that uses sandbox features.

To my knowledge not any folder or file is restricted from an administrator controlled Windows around DCS. The answer to your problem is most likely not to be found in Windows itself in your case unless you're logged into a restricted user account by accident somehow.

Thanks for the tip but I just figured out what was going on. I was trying to copy from a .zip to a .zip and it just wouldn't do it. There is nothing in the readmefirst.txt about unzipping the download file first so I didn't think to do it. I'm sure the author gives me more credit than I deserve, lol. Anyway once I copy the files into a temp folder first then they copy into the destination .zip no problem.

Now I have a different problem! I see no difference in game. I just went into Instant Action FC3 A-10A to test and the ground textures look exactly the same. I don't see how because the old textures are not in that location anymore so how could it have loaded them? Is this mod for a different terrain?

EDIT: I seem to notice a difference in other missions, but not that A-10A Instant Action mission for some reason.

Edited by BallsOFire

I5, GTX1060, TM Warthog A-10C Flightstick, TM TWCS, Odyssey+ WMR

What happens when you create your on free flight mission in the editor?

Perhaps it's better to direct these questions in the mods threads section related to this particular mod.

I have no experience with using this mod to prevent extra bugs and hic-ups. Some mods are not maintained through DCS version releases where things change all the time. Keep that in mind while using them. Some need manual code modification and such or set things in other files for proper functionality.