F-14D WIP

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't see what everyone is talk'en about, it looks very nice; what the ED forums?

:joystick:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I still don't see what everyone is talk'en about, it looks very nice; what the ED forums?

:joystick:

He has a Facebook page with some shots of what he's working on. There is a link to it on his original post. :)

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen so many community mods for other games go down in flames, but this project looks like it's got people capable of following it through to completion. I really hope that this Tomcat gets to see the skies of DCSW. Would gladly pay for it as much or even a few bucks more than the official modules. :)

From the Facebook page:

"My farewell too everyone in the DCS community, I have faith in Nytestalker to complete the cat. I've moved on, I'm highly enjoying life being that it's summer and I can ride bmx again. I might come back during the off season (winter) when I can't ride but right now I don't see that happening for a bit. I'd like to thank the community for all their support on this project. And for reference this does not mean the tomcat will go unfinished. I believe greatly in Nyte to finish this bird."

Nyte? :-)

Sounds very good and looks awesome so far! We all know how bitchin it may have to be to do an Aircraft alone..but hey..if you really manage to release it..you gonna be a Hero..:) Maybe some kind of FC3 Standard at first..with room for further improvement..klickable 6DOF..PFM..:thumbup:

Edited by Lizzard

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This thread might be dated, but it just made my day. The F-14 is my absolute favorite of all fighters, and to hear that someone is working on a mod for DCS (which I just started playing last week) is nothing short of exciting.

I have some experience making skins (I used to make them for FSX and post on avsim back in the day). I'd love to help when it comes time to make a lot of the historical tomcat squadrons.

It is my hope that my logbook can accurately reflect my pilot being a part of the vaunted VF-143 Pukin' Dogs, and be able to fly it in game!

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help, whether texturing, or testing! :-D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

YouTube ~ Twitch

• 3 weeks later...

Nice to see these guys are still going. Check out the video on their FB page if you haven't seen it. I really hope that they see this one through.

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

Link?

Just go to their FB page the link is at the beginning of this thread. :)

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Any updates nyte?

The mod is coming along slowly. Since the 1.2.15 update and now the 1.2.16 update, the jet crashes dcs. I, with the help of some others in the community are debugging the scripts for the jet and I am working on updating the external model. :)

The mod is coming along slowly. Since the 1.2.15 update and now the 1.2.16 update, the jet crashes dcs. I, with the help of some others in the community are debugging the scripts for the jet and I am working on updating the external model. :)

good to know

thx for the update

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |