Can not open briefing file CTD

winter azure

Someone know where to DL previous versions.

Thought I still had1.2.6 on my HD but looks like I removed it after installing 1.2.10.

As 1.2.10 isn't working for me I need to go back.

External HDD is an invaluable tool. A must have for all gaming machines.

I lost about 200 full CDs and that was it for me, I even have an external back up for the external backup.

Just something to keep in mind.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I'm suffering from this as well now after updating to v1.2.10 - seems to be a memory violation error when allocating space for pointers / stack etc. Manifests itself intermittently, but one particular mission seems to crash more than the others. Should I post a log / dump when it happens again?

PS. I don't think this is a hardware fault (ran a memtest and it says my sticks at least are OK) and it happens regardless of having any mods installed or overclocks on.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I'm suffering from this as well now after updating to v1.2.10 - seems to be a memory violation error when allocating space for pointers / stack etc. Manifests itself intermittently, but one particular mission seems to crash more than the others. Should I post a log / dump when it happens again?

PS. I don't think this is a hardware fault (ran a memtest and it says my sticks at least are OK) and it happens regardless of having any mods installed or overclocks on.

Are your C/C++ Runtimes up to date?

Does it help if you re-save the mission file?

Anyhow, won't hurt to have a peek at your log files. :o)

Are your C/C++ Runtimes up to date?

Should be. I just ran a system update yesterday and it updated the C runtime libraries too + ran a DCS repair as well, but no dice.

EDIT: also reinstalled all C(++) runtime libs using known current installers/versions from MS + ran a repair just to make sure. See if this still continues...

Does it help if you re-save the mission file?
Nope.

Anyhow, won't hurt to have a peek at your log files. :o)
Will attach them as soon as DCS crashes again, don't have any saved just now.
Edited by msalama

HEADS-UP ALL

Removing & reinstalling all MS Visual C++ runtimes seems to have fixed this. Do as follows and see if it helps you:

1) Remove all old VC runtimes installed on your machine

2) Download new runtime installers from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2019667

3) Install the runtimes available there

4) Run a DCS repair

Whew :) And I've a hunch that doing the above made DCS run a tiny bit smoother too...

HEAAAADS UP AGAIN

Seems that the Medevac / SAR script by RagnarDa was causing these crashes, and I'm even thinking that ALL scripts generating dynamic content could crash the sim now. I've no hard proof per se, but 1) DCS started to immediately behave itself again after I'd removed the script from the missions using it and 2) most or all crashes seemed to have something to do with dynamic memory management, i.e. presumably allocating space for objects (botched pointer routines somewhere in v1.2.10 perhaps?), stack ops and so forth.

But as I said, this is just a hunch. But just so you know, y'know ;)

EDIT: Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was the Medevac script. Not a single crash after removing it.

Edited by msalama

• 7 months later...

same problem here

HEAAAADS UP AGAIN

Seems that the Medevac / SAR script by RagnarDa was causing these crashes, and I'm even thinking that ALL scripts generating dynamic content could crash the sim now. I've no hard proof per se, but 1) DCS started to immediately behave itself again after I'd removed the script from the missions using it and 2) most or all crashes seemed to have something to do with dynamic memory management, i.e. presumably allocating space for objects (botched pointer routines somewhere in v1.2.10 perhaps?), stack ops and so forth.

But as I said, this is just a hunch. But just so you know, y'know ;)

EDIT: Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was the Medevac script. Not a single crash after removing it.

Hi. Kinda noobish question, but where can i find this script, to remove it?

• 1 month later...
I have exactly the same problem since over one year.. Would there be any office patch to fix this issue?

You have already reinstalled the dist. files mentioned above?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks, I seem to be in the right place. I've recently purchased Black Shark 2 from Steam, and everything was running fine. I have 3 monitors up and working, finally, after fiddling with settings, etc. I started the Deployment campaign and made it through the fifth mission. When I try to continue to the sixth mission, Narzan Valley, it crashes with the error "Cannot load the debriefing file."

If I try to play this mission by loading outside of the campaign, from the list of missions, it let's me in, with 3 monitors. If I change my monitor setup to 1 monitor WITHIN the campaign, it let's me in!

So it seems something is happening with 3 monitors within the campaign. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Mike

Win 7 Prof, i7-4770 3.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia Geforce GT 750

ADDITION: I disabled all startups and services and did a diagnostic startup. I was able to start the mission within the campaign, with 3 monitors. Maybe some startup or service is interfering?

Edited by Appeljack
Another find..

Have you tried to set the GPU Driver to an earlier ver.?

In the diagnostic startup you are able to change video start options, did you do this?

• 4 weeks later...

I have had the same issue for 6+ months now trying to run campaigns. I've re-installed a few times when I've had the time but no success. Doesn't really bother me until I start thinking about how I paid money for the thing. And how I hate that you have to almost be a second tier coder or PC repair expert to play a PC game nowadays.

Seems like this issue might warrant someone taking a serious look at it; considering more than a few users are experiencing the same frustrations.

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002