DCS Fw-190 and P-51 in WWII

Mordhar

This question asked several times in each of four different topics. Still no official answer so far.

Some of the forum members tried to give answer based on assumptions that “no need to buy same aircraft twice”. But this assumption was never officially confirmed.

So I ask for straight and clear answer. If we have selected “flyable” Fw-190 or P-51, we do not receive DCS versions of them. But if we select them as a “reward” or buy DCS modules do we receive WWII versions of that aircrafts? Or do we need to select/buy both DCS and WWII modules?

In short: Do we need to select P-51 and Fw-190 in “flyables” section to be able to use them in WWII: Europe if we already have DCS module and/or selected them in “rewards” section?

P.S. Sorry for my poor English.

Рожденный ползать летит недолго.

In other words, you will only accept an answer from Luthier?

It has been confirmed in other threads. If you own the DCS World P-51 or 190 you will not need to buy them again for DCS WW2.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I do not want to sound like I do not thrust in other member’s answers. But all this answers based on promise made during kickstarter campaign that “you do not need to buy the same aircraft twice”. There were many promises including skype meetings and alpha access in February for hi-level backers. Some things changed after campaign ended and money been raised.

So what so bad about asking simple question to be sure I do not make mistake when choosing “flyables”? I am sorry if my question offended someone, it was not intentional.

Рожденный ползать летит недолго.

Where did I say your question was bad?

Just relax. There is plenty of time to choose your flyables. Things are a little confusing now, and 4 or 5 different threads on the approximately same subject won't help.:thumbup:

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

You may want to hear from Luthier but the concept was always "you don't have to buy the same a/c twice". I already own the P51D from DCSW and I was told I can fly that in DCS:WWII. There are not two versions of any aircraft, they are the same. When the FW190 comes out I should be able to fly it in DCSW as well as the alpha WWII.

I am in the curious position of already owning the P51D, have also been given it as a Flyable (I have already received the key but I don't need it) and was told I could swap it for some other goody. I'd like the Spitfire manual instead but I don't mind if swapping is too much of a headache so if that's not possible I'll give the P51D key to a friend.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Blimey. You blokes......

I think that this backers only forum is a great place to be. So hello all you chaps. :)

Personally, I don't give a stuff if I get a manual or a tee-shirt, or if my existing DCS P-51 is somehow wasted, because I pledged enough to get all six flyables, so I'm now somehow in credit. I don't care.

I just want the ultimate WWII sim. Natch.

Hiya Klem :)

More concerned about whether or not the P51D crosses over, then I can select two ME 262s!!!!! Give one to a friend, that is why I would like it cleared up. It is confusing, and most all the posts don't really clear it up. But, again, no rush, just waiting around till we get the definitive answer.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Blimey. You blokes......

I think that this backers only forum is a great place to be. So hello all you chaps. :)

Personally, I don't give a stuff if I get a manual or a tee-shirt, or if my existing DCS P-51 is somehow wasted, because I pledged enough to get all six flyables, so I'm now somehow in credit. I don't care.

I just want the ultimate WWII sim. Natch.

Hiya Klem :)

Hi Dooyar :)

Yes, I've got the 6 flyables too with 4 rewards, FW190 beta and Alpha access.

I'm suffering memory failure - did we meet online?

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit