Which plane is the free plane?

Originally there were going to be 3 free planes, but it was changed to one free plane. I never ended up seeing a statement which said which plane would b the free one.

Has there been any announcement about which plane will be the free plane for DCS WWII? If not, does anyone know and could say?

Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed any announcement on it and I'm curious to find out which one it will be.

I think it makes sense if you don't think about... Actually, where I think it gets confusing is for the backers at the $1 to under $40 level who have less then six flyables. For example, if you pledged $1 you get three flyables. And based off the new backer site you can choose any three of the six. But if one is given away free of charge then technically a $1 backer would get four flyables if they choose their three wisely. Not sure if this is how it will work. I think those at the $1 should really only have two choices and one given for the whole system to make sense to me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

I think it makes sense if you don't think about... Actually, where I think it gets confusing is for the backers at the $1 to under $40 level who have less then six flyables. For example, if you pledged $1 you get three flyables. And based off the new backer site you can choose any three of the six. But if one is given away free of charge then technically a $1 backer would get four flyables if they choose their three wisely. Not sure if this is how it will work. I think those at the $1 should really only have two choices and one given for the whole system to make sense to me.

For me, I'm just wondering because I have some friends who are moderately interested, but they both only want to fly the P-47. I was hoping to find out what the free aircraft is (but it seems it's not yet known) so that if it's not the P-47, I can choose 3 P-47s and give my friends the keys (the things you do to make friends fly with you...). But if it is the P-47, I'd hate to have essentially wasted 3 of my choices by picking the free aircraft.

Well, there was this poll that had the P-47 in the lead for the free flyable: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114805&page=3

Maybe, when he gets the time, luther1 can pop in and let us know what plane was chosen to be the freebee.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Which plane is the free plane?

I think this will be answered during the Alpha, if not sooner. I'd imagine the alpha will include the one free flyable plane that is included with DCS:WWII. That still gives everyone plenty of time to adjust their selections before DCS:WWII is officially released and licenses for the six aircraft are sent. But it does raise one big question... Why is the "free" aircraft even listed for us if it is included with the main sim. Licenses for that free aircraft would basically be worthless. Do you get to choose your one free plane from the six upon download of DCS:WWII?

I think I just tied my brain in a knot.

EDIT: I guess it was officially stated that the free a/c would be either the 47, Spit or 109. So that narrows it down, but my other question remains.

Edited by Merlin-27

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

For example, if you pledged $1 you get three flyables. And based off the new backer site you can choose any three of the six. But if one is given away free of charge then technically a $1 backer would get four flyables if they choose their three wisely. Not sure if this is how it will work. I think those at the $1 should really only have two choices and one given for the whole system to make sense to me.

Really? This is the table that showed rewards and $1 just got those people a backer medal.

image-325721-full.jpg?1379033344

There will be one free flyable that anyone can get to try out DCS WW2. After that, as a backer you had to put in $20 to get 1 of the non-free flyables, $30 for 2 and $40 or more for all of the non-free flyables.

Edited by Bounder

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).

Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.
My DCS Youtube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/No64Bounder

As Merlin and Abburo said, it was decided that there would only be 1 free-flyable. This was after feedback from the backers - Luither made a post about the outcome here The rest would have to be paid for as why back the kickstarter otherwise? The table was published in the kickstarter in update number 2 and also makes no mention of the $1 backer level, nor the $10 level getting any paid-for flyables. The $1 backer level describes "Our heartfelt thanks, access to the backer section with weekly development updates, videos, and more, and a special BACKER medal on our official forums."

My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).

Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.

I was under the impression that backers pledging less that $20 only got the free flyable and access to the forums and updates like Bounder mentioned above.

I've read through all of the project updates and nowhere does it say $1 backers would get 3 aircraft.

Ahhhh - I see where this is coming from - on the kickstarter main page under flyables it said:

If you back the project at any time before the funding period ends on October 5th, your rewards will be as previously stated.

Here's what you'll be able to fly:

$0 (non-backer): ONE aircraft (either P-47, Spitfire, or Bf.109, to be voted for by backers)

$1: THREE aircraft (P-47, Spitfire, and Bf.109)

$20: FOUR aircraft (P-47, Spitfire, Bf.109, plus one more of your choice)

$30: FIVE aircraft (P-47, Spitfire, Bf.109, plus two more of your choice)

$40: ALL aircraft (all aircraft in the initial release)

This was then changed after the feedback but it states that those who backed under the old tier level would get three flyables as promised:

Free version of DCS WWII contains ONE free aircraft (to be voted for by backers).

We have new rewards:

$1 NEW and $10 NEW: rewards as before, but no additional aircraft (one flyable total)

$20 NEW: access to one additional release aircraft (two total)

$30 NEW: access to two additional release aircraft (three total)

$40 NEW: access to three additional release aircraft (four total)

$60 NEW: access to ALL additional release aircraft (six total if we get the Me.262)

We'll lock down the old rewards of the same level. Anyone who's already in those OLD rewards tiers, i.e. those who backed the project on the promise of three flyable aircraft, WILL receive the three previously promised planes on release.

To get the thread back on topic, there was a poll about which of the the Spit, 109 or P47 should be the one free flyable but not sure if it was official http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114805

Edited by Bounder