After Black Shark, Whats next? If anything.

After being around the lock on comminuity for a while now, and reading the fourms over the past couple of years. I have came to believe that after Black Shark that Lockon will be no longer developed. Is it safe to say that? Because if it is, I was thinking something, and I know there will be some of you that will agree with this idea and some that will say I'm full of it......well that is what is great about opinions, and I listen to everyone and respect the opinions of others, so with that said lets not take this thread and turn it to a major fight.

But with that said here is my question, answer, or whatever you want to call it.

OK we all know Falcon 4.0 right? and we see where Falcon AF went right? well in my opinion, Falcon AF went no where at all, still has alot of issues.

I bought it and was thinking it was going to be a treat to get the sim the way it was ment to be sold, Boy was I wrong. Same Graphics,Flight model, so on so fourth. So do I consider the repackage and redevelopment of Falcon AF from Falcon 4.0 a success, No Does the developer of Falcon AF yep I bet they do because they got my money and so many others. Was it worth it, Nope and I found a way to return it and get my money back.

Falcon 4.0 was so much better when there was groups of people working on the different patchs and mods for Falcon 4.0. There was so much more to see with these mods. Aircraft were AI are now flyable plus several other improvements. and you had several versions to pick from.

Ok ok, I know your saying this is a lock on forums and not a falcon 4.0 forum,

yep I know but here is the 2nd half of this.....

Well if Lock on is not going to be developed anymore after Black Shark, the could it be possible that ED could make a SDK or something that could make the game grow more in more with the people that own the product? Could the virtual Pilots of the Lockon start to make their own mods & improvements. I know that mods are now being made but they are just simple mods, not mods that require a person to learn how to say fix certain things.

So I know its a little off the wall and really just an Idea I have to make the sim stay around and make a few of us happy that we can improve on some things. I just had to get this out and on the fourms to see what everyone has to say.

Cinch\

sig_Cinch.jpg

There is a plan for after Black Shark, and no SDK will be released because future developments will be building on the Lomac engine. Sorry ;)

First up is something called Tank Killers . . . . A10 with AFM 'n stuff, possibly a new flyable as well. Apache has been mooted.

After that, there'll be an F-16 sim with a MiG-29 as well.

Apparently they're gunning for Extreme realism on that one - AFM, advanced avionics at Falcon's level, and the same for the MiG29.

After that, they plan to update the remaining flyables (F-15 and Sukhois) to the AFM/6DOF/complex avionics standard.

Apparently there are plans for AI improvement, mission editors, and campaign engines in there somewhere.

. . . . . I'm not going to say it :p

Guest ThomasDWeiss

It will be interesting to see how it will be if after BS we don't get anything new for say two or three years.

I would hope that in the meantime we get AFM models for the F-15 in 2007 and some expanded maps to play with.

Ok where has all that info be tucked away? I have never seen it lol, Thanks guys for the heaads up, if anyone else has some 411 let me know!!!

Cinch

Usually in the depths of the 15-page threads that the devs occasionally show up to, sometimes in Babelfished Russian interviews, all over the place.

It's not publicised in a big way - they're forthcoming about what they want to do, but only if you ask. My excuse is that I'm bored enough often enough to read those 15-page threads . . . . . :p

As for F-15 AFM in 2007 - ED have stated that they Will Not do any work on the Flanker/Eagle until after the F-16 has been modelled.

Aiming point for Black Shark was supposed to be March 2006. Now I suppose they could hit it . . . . but I think that unlikely.

IF they hit it (unlikely), it would be six months between add-on releases. For two aircraft that share a reasonably common avionics fit.

The F-16 is a bigger deal to introduce than those two aircraft - fly-by-wire, MFDs, ground radar, and more complex avionics than anything ED have done before.

F-15 AFM, unfortunately, does not look likely for 2007. We should have new content to tide us over until we get stuff like that . . . . but the Eagle/Flanker stuff almost certainly won't be with us next year.

There is a plan for after Black Shark, and no SDK will be released because future developments will be building on the Lomac engine. Sorry ;)

First up is something called Tank Killers . . . . A10 with AFM 'n stuff, possibly a new flyable as well. Apache has been mooted.

After that, there'll be an F-16 sim with a MiG-29 as well.

Apparently they're gunning for Extreme realism on that one - AFM, advanced avionics at Falcon's level, and the same for the MiG29.

After that, they plan to update the remaining flyables (F-15 and Sukhois) to the AFM/6DOF/complex avionics standard.

Apparently there are plans for AI improvement, mission editors, and campaign engines in there somewhere.

. . . . . I'm not going to say it :p

thats what everyones been saying, but is there really any proof of this? I dont want this to be one of those things someone blew out of their ass and everyone assumed it to be true, then later it turned out to be wrong. If this is official word from ED, well then I didnt know :)

The official word from ED is 'everything after BS is pie in the sky'. They have SOMETHING in mind, and this is apossible path they mentioned taking, but they have not yet finalized what the next project really -will- be.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Anyone think it would be a good idea for ED to propose a couple of viable projects they are very keen on doing and take a vote from the community. Kind of like what they did before Lockon.

There are people here that would have higher priorities for new F-15/Su-27 models over Tank Killers or vice versa. I know there are many people not to gone on the Ka-50 idea, but will get the addon anyway just for the AFM weapons and other improvements.

But one thing will be certain, whatever ED come up with, nothing else will come close to it.

thats what everyones been saying, but is there really any proof of this? I dont want this to be one of those things someone blew out of their ass and everyone assumed it to be true, then later it turned out to be wrong. If this is official word from ED, well then I didnt know :)

It was in interviews with ED team members and has been mentioned on these boards by members of ED. You can't confirm it as being the way they're going to go, but I reckon it's a fair indication of what they'd LIKE to do if they can :)

Will this "Tank Killer" be a whole new game or is it like this new patch with su-25t ?

As yet, unknown.

In terms of functionality, it will (purely as a practicality) be based on Lomac's code.

However, it is unlikely that it will be sold under the Lock On name - rather like the transition from the Flanker name to Lock On :)

Ahh, community votes ;)

You can't please all of the people all of the time - and if you give people the opportunity to vote on what they want, you'll get a whole heap of people disgruntled that their vote didn't win. There's still a Big Russian following on these boards, and in the end the boards are but a tiny fraction of the people who actually end up buying the game.

Well, it is impossible to please everyone.

what comes next I suppose, depends really on what the vision is for the game to be. If the aim is to have two balanced sides (western technology vs eastern technology) in terms of realism and "strengh", then the obviouse choice would be to enhance the A10 to a similar level like the su25T (personally i would just love that !!!) and then add the ah64 or something similar prior enhancing all the other once before adding new models

lets wait and see what happens.

keep on flying,

Noti

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

I think that BS is a step toward the TK sim as its probably compatible with it as far as avionics etc. The question is what is the first aircraft of TK and whats the campaign area? IMO TK and Destroyer are hopefully compatible with each other as the more flyables the better.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

nope. I think there was already room to make that msitake in relation to flanker 2.5/LOMAC and it didnt hapen. So it wont hapen for tank killers either. It may also feature a totaly different scenario.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I think carrier wars would be great too. But I guess impossible since there are no American planes from the 80s that are 1 seater and meant for specifically dogfighting (no AG radar)

I want ED to make somethign with the emphasis of American vs Russian/German air superiority. Then Id want them to do the precision strikes. F15Cs guarding a package of F16s with laser guided bombs aimed towards a major city or something. I dono why, I just dont think tank killing appeals to me very much.

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

i wish ed would make a armour sim, where we get to drive the tanks n stuff, that would be cool.

or as i posted ages ago, if they made a sim that with all the addons etc, would make it so the entire battlefield could be controlled by the user, like if you wanna fly, you fly, if you wanna drive tanks cool or even boats n subs, now can you imagine a sim like that, where the options of what vehicle you used was endless. that would be my dream come true.