youtube (Google) refuses ED's licensing statement from Matt Wagner

71st_Mastiff

every time I post a link to the thread (Google) YouTube denies my claims to my in game videos of DCS... http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=85774

from youtube team:

"Hello,

Your documentation does not appear to give sufficient COMMERCIAL rights for your video to participate in monetization.

If you would like to learn about what YouTube looks for in your documentation, refer to http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=2490090. If you would like to learn about how to read a license to understand your rights, refer to http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=2490089.

Please note that messages, comments, and postings from social media websites (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.) or blogs may not be sufficient to establish your commercial use rights.

Once you have the appropriate documentation, please email it to us as an attachment.

Sincerely,

The YouTube Team"

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

and yet there's a crap ton of users monetizing videos they dont own any rights or permissions to.. shrug, that's google for ya.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I would say 1 out of every 15 DCS video's I upload to Youtube gets denied monetization. It is very strange.

It would be nice to have an official PDF with permission to to do this.

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

I would say 1 out of every 15 DCS video's I upload to Youtube gets denied monetization. It is very strange.

It would be nice to have an official PDF with permission to to do this.

well its every single DCS video from me, I sense a conspiracy

:joystick:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Well, One of my Videos got deleted because my phone rang while recording and it said My video contained copyrighted music, how their filter was able to distinguish the music over the jet engines I have yet to figure out.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

Well, One of my Videos got deleted because my phone rang while recording and it said My video contained copyrighted music, how their filter was able to distinguish the music over the jet engines I have yet to figure out.

they hired India' persons to listen to all the uploads every day..:thumbup: :music_whistling:

they hired India' persons to listen to all the uploads every day..:thumbup: :music_whistling:

I didn't think of that. I just thought they were specifically targeting you and Skates. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I didn't think of that. I just thought they were specifically targeting you and Skates. :P

you and skates live next to each other?

:pilotfly:

Isn't it considered fair use if your clip is only a small percentage of the original work? How long was your ringtone?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, I had one of my ArmA vids pulled because I used music from EMI... or was it sony.... The thing was ......... there wasn't any music... at all..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

you and skates live next to each other?

:pilotfly:

No. Something like a three hour drive from here to where he lives.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Hi guys,

with my 97 DCS videos on youtube, I had only 4 requests for permission for monetization. :)

At two of them, I only said "Yes, I have a varification." and never heard from youtube.

The other two wanted to see my verification and I send them Wags post (link and text) and one PM from Groove, which says "I can do my tutorials official for the german community". By one of them was that proof enough.

The second didn't accept this (they say, it have to be official by one of the company). I did a veto and explained them, who Wags is, that my link was from the producers official forum and that they (youtube) accepted my first proof. So, youtube did accept this (which was only other expressed as the first proof). :D

But I'm with you - an official pdf would be fine to be safe.

regards,

Fire

PS: I never used music in my vids. Only plain ingame audio and my voice.

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys,

with my 97 DCS videos on youtube, I had only 4 requests for permission for monetization. :)

At two of them, I only said "Yes, I have a varification." and never heard from youtube.

The other two wanted to see my verification and I send them Wags post (link and text) and one PM from Groove, which says "I can do my tutorials official for the german community". By one of them was that proof enough.

The second didn't accept this (they say, it have to be official by one of the company). I did a veto and explained them, who Wags is, that my link was from the producers official forum and that they (youtube) accepted my first proof. So, youtube did accept this (which was only other expressed as the first proof). :D

But I'm with you - an official pdf would be fine to be safe.

regards,

Fire

PS: I never used music in my vids. Only plain ingame audio and my voice.

well might be more lenient in Germany but here in the states they wont except Matt Wagner as the Producer who made the statement on the forum, links I added and they still denied. I also don't use music or any other effects So I told them I give up, no more videos.

it took 3 weeks to clear up with YT that I had permission to post Hockey Footage from a Specific Game, that footage was linked to ESPN for like 90,000 views in a few hours, monetized.

YT Deleted it, so I re-uploaded it, YT Suspended it, with the same dispute, and they finally restored it a few weeks later, and it's gotten 60,000 views since, but I didn't bother monetizing it this time around even though I had permission from everyone involved.

Shoot, I just logged into YT Now to look at my video manager, and out of 64 Uploads on my SkateZillaHD Account 22 of them have "Matched Content Claims", For Background Music, or 3d Graphics Content. I just acknowledged them, so lets see how long it goes before YT Deletes those, even though they were recorded for Use in the Company that owns the content's website.

They aren't monetized, they weren't matched until recently, so....

I Edited 1 Trailer Video w/ Permission from the Studio, shoot, they sent me footage on a Portable Harddisk to use, and it was online for 3 months, then deleted on a copyright claim by someone not even affiliated with the video or audio content in the trailer... shrug, I disputed with YT and the video was re-uploaded on the Company's Parent Account, So I Finished the dispute just to keep my account in good standing.

The Quality of their Compression lately has been crap, facebook videos are clearer, lol.

Vimeo is tons better, but I have to completely re-do my account with them.

Youtube just has the Audience Volume.

My Account is to the point where I am able to upload up to 3 hours per video, stream live events, etc.

However, half of the features my account has available I cant even use them, because they want me to link my Google Account to my YT account, and I simply dont want to, so half of the features are disabled (comments, live stream etc)

TBH, I dont bother with Monetizing anything anymore, simply because it's too much hassle, even if I send them PDFs of signed Agreements, they still mess up and not communicate with each other. and I'd rather not spam my videos with the dumbest video ads ever.

I dont need the $ / month that bad.

Streaming Live via YT Might be worthwhile...

But I can simply use TWITCH or something.

Plus I'm still cleaning up the crap from the spambots that hit my account the last year or so.

I just got access back to my old account that i havent used since 2008, out of 400+ videos on it for games and stuff, there's now 7.... lol

Edited by SkateZilla

I believe that some of the guys that post their movies and videos, from the in game footage, are causing this issue's (reporting me and others wrongfully in order for us to give up posting videos) as they seem to think we are hurting their YT hits? :joystick:

it's worldwide/youtube wide, everyone is being hit with Claims on game videos now, because simply put, the uploader doesnt own the content of the videos.

YT's been cracking down on game footage left and right, while people post insignificant videos of stupid stuff left and right.

I understand "Fandom" videos are popular, but they are just as guilty as anyone else.

I'd rather upload a video an acknowledge a content claim by EagleDynamics, that way when people watch any Videos I upload for DCS, there's a nice "Featured in this Video : Eagle Dynamics: DCS World" Message on there.

Just now, logged back in and got another dispute claim on this video:

Your video may include content that is owned by a third party.

To watch the matched content please play the video on the right. The video will play from the point where the matched content was identified.

Your video is available and playable.

Here are the details:

"You Are Not Alone (Dino Lenny & Amnesia Mix)", musical composition administered by: 3:32

BMG_Rights_Management Your dispute awaiting response by 05/03/14

UMPG Publishing Your dispute awaiting response by 05/03/14

To learn more about how claims impact your videos click here.

Are you serious? it's a Off Camera Video of iRacing w/ no music whatsoever, just me and other drivers talking.

my Response:

You Audio Filter is Mistaking my Voice Communications with Other Drivers in a Multi-Player Session for Music.

Also Noticed, YT Just pulled one of my DCS World Off Camera MP Videos from the Fly In for the same reason, some random Claim from Warner Bros. and some song I've never heard of, and when you goto the spot in the video YT claims is the song, it's Voice communication between myself and Eno.

Edited by SkateZilla

not even half a cent is paid out for this kind of stuff... I just don't get it.. I don't think I have heard of any one making any money off this kind of stuff.

not even half a cent is paid out for this kind of stuff... I just don't get it.. I don't think I have heard of any one making any money off this kind of stuff.

Professional Accounts that Legally Host High Volume Videos (Trailers, How To's etc) make some money, but not anything to live off of.

Most I ever saw was Double digits.

Edited by SkateZilla

Not directly related, but between half to 3/4 of everything that's posted to The Music Thread is blocked by Youtube in Germany because of a dispute between them and our national performing rights society that they just can't seem to settle.

I get the idea about copyright, but the way things are, copyright is used and abused to crush large parts of the Internet - and for what? Even if someone hummed or whistled or sang a chart hit in a DCS vid, it's not like the label behind it would miss out on a single sale.

Actually, I got all albums by a band called Noetics because someone had used one of their songs in a DCS video and I really liked it, and I went to see them life once. Making people stop using any copyrighted material and ignoring fair use (which is something that German law doesn't even know about), yeah, that's gonna make everybody pay for media, sure -- if they ever find out about it.

Nuts.

Professional Accounts that Legally Host High Volume Videos (Trailers, How To's etc) make some money, but not anything to live off of.

Most I ever saw was Double digits.

I saw a report about prfessional youtube directors, they said you can calculate: For each million clicks, you get about 20.000 Euro - depended on the adverts.

And I know that the crew of Pietsmiet can live from the monetizing.

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The post by Matt linked in the OP is a bit old. I refer you to the updated EULA, specifically 3.4 (Section 3 being "Licence Conditions"):

3.4 Video production by you using DCS products is allowed for Youtube advertisement revenue generation.

You can find this in the documents folder of your install (note: the install location on your drive, not the start menu), in license_en.txt.

Surely an explicit mention of youtube advertisement revenue in the DCS World EULA _must_ be sufficient for them? :P

(Though, knowing YouTube... who knows. I remember Scott Manley talking about how he had to fight with them to keep monetization on a video he made that was 100% original content (an asteroid detection animation he himself developed based on historical data, that some other people nabbed, redubbed, uploaded and then claimed was theirs...).)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester