Slingload mission wiht 1.2.8 Open Beta

SimFreak

• ED Team
Unfortunately you can't place a cargo container on a ship in the editor and if you sling one out onto it, it disappears as soon as you unhook =(

later it (probably) will be possible .., we improve this feature (it will be NOT disappears after unhook on a ship). Now WIP.

Unfortunately you can't place a cargo container on a ship in the editor and if you sling one out onto it, it disappears as soon as you unhook =(

I just assumed it would be like that, unfortunately. I said that simply because its impossible to land on a moving ship and stay on it without being slid off.

later it (probably) will be possible .., we improve this feature (it will be NOT disappears after unhook on a ship). Now WIP.

Being able to deliver supplies to or from ships would be awesome =)

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

My apologies if this has been asked & answered elsewhere, but is it possible to reposition & resize the cargo camera at all? Or the kneeboard for that matter?

I'm using a tripple-head set-up, & the default position for the cargo camera is in the top right corner of my right-hand monitor, which makes it all but impossible to use as it's way outside my effective field of view if I'm looking through the canopy to watch visual markers for hovering.

As such I'd like to be able to move it closer to the center of my field of view (top right of center monitor, or top left of the right-hand monitor would probably be ideal), so any pointers to how to do this, if it *can* be done would be appreciated.

And if it can't be done currently, then would the Belsimtek guys please consider adding this feature to their excellent sim(s)? (hint-hint ;))

Thanks in advance :)

My apologies if this has been asked & answered elsewhere, but is it possible to reposition & resize the cargo camera at all? Or the kneeboard for that matter?

I'm using a tripple-head set-up, & the default position for the cargo camera is in the top right corner of my right-hand monitor, which makes it all but impossible to use as it's way outside my effective field of view if I'm looking through the canopy to watch visual markers for hovering.

As such I'd like to be able to move it closer to the center of my field of view (top right of center monitor, or top left of the right-hand monitor would probably be ideal), so any pointers to how to do this, if it *can* be done would be appreciated.

And if it can't be done currently, then would the Belsimtek guys please consider adding this feature to their excellent sim(s)? (hint-hint ;))

Thanks in advance :)

Hey I want to share my solution with you.

1. Install PeterP's all MFD export mod.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1541311&postcount=68

2. Edit cargo cam's init file.

Open CARGO_CAM_init.lua in ....DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircrafts\Uh-1H\Cockpit\Scripts\CARGO_CAM folder.

Insert this line :

try_find_assigned_viewport("UH_1H_cargocam")

under dedicated_vieport blah blah line.

'UH-1H_cargocam' is an example. Type any name as you want.

3. Edit monitor setup file.

Open your monitor setup file in ....DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup folder.

Insert this lines :

UH_1H_cargocam =

{

x = 2340;

y = 260;

width = 360;

height = 360;

}

Edit x,y coordinates and W / H as your desired position.

If you select your custom viewport name in step 2, use it rather than 'UH-1H_cargocam'.

Because of step 1, you may have to edit some viewport names for A-10 and Ka-50.

Check PeterP's example monitor setup file.

Attached jpg file is my configuration result.

Hope this would be helpful.

Screen_140417_173559.thumb.jpg.1a244c55e67414659e3807a9e1931a64.jpg

• Like 1

Quick question I asked over in mission builders but this may be the better place for it...

Can the loads be tracked with triggers while they are in the air? Reason I ask is I had a trigger to pop smoke in the zone where I Wanted the cargo dropped (once the load got close) and the trigger didn't fire until the container hit the ground. I think the container got damaged or destroyed on the put down since the subsequent trigger didn't fire (the one that was actually intended to be triggered when the container was put down at a certain zone and under a certain altitude.)

Also- there is a script out there to detect when a unit has "landed" in a particular zone- useful for choppers dropping off infantry. I was wondering if these cargo units would function the same way? That way I wouldn't need to predict the altitude lower than... I could just use that lua predicate and unit in zone to trigger the appropriate response.

Thanks.

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

Those are the stock trigger zones if memory serves... The spherical ones are a bit unique in that they don't go to infinity and beyond :) but yes you're right those can be configured through MIST scripts.

I think the issue here is more related to the fact the trigger system can not be activated specifically by the containers while they are in flight. My idea was that if a container had moved out of its original zone that it must be getting carried by something- so it was easy enough to set up a zone so that if the container entered that zone you could build a response- ie: once / unit in zone / trigger smoke. Subsequent to placing the container near the smoke (in another trigger zone) you could either by using the "unit landing lua predicate I asked about before) or just a "unit in zone / unit altitude less than you could then enable another action.

In my case, I'm doing a simple base defend mission where the units set up in defense are needing resupply (late activated.) As the containers arrive at the air base, respective groups are activated. The issue was you didn't ever really know which helicopter was picking up which container- so it needed to be based on the container entering, not the chopper itself.

The idea of the container crossing into the initial zone to start the smoke marker was simply a means I wanted to use to predict the level at which a container was going to be close enough to the ground to consider it "landed." Of course this was moot since it only becomes tracked when it touches the ground and becomes an "object" again.

So I'm going to keep my ear to the ground regarding this issue- but if someone could give some insights as to what the intention is to do with the containers (tracked in flight ever?) then that would be great!

• Like 1

"ENO"

Type in anger and you will make the greatest post you will ever regret.

"Sweetest's" Military Aviation Art

3. Edit monitor setup file.

Open your monitor setup file in ....DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup folder.

Insert this lines :

UH_1H_cargocam =

{

x = 2340;

y = 260;

width = 360;

height = 360;

}

Hello Horus,

A great thanks for your explanations...

I use the 1.2.8 Release version and at this adress: C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup I can found these files:

1Camera.lua

3Cameras.lua

Camera+LMFCD(on right side).lua

Camera+LMFCD.lua

Camera+LMFCD_auto_placement.lua

Camera+RMFCD(on left side).lua

Camera+RMFCD.lua

Camera+RMFCD_auto_placement.lua

LMFCD+Camera+RMFCD.lua

Stereo.lua

Please can you tell me what file I must edit for add these lines:

UH_1H_cargocam =

{

x = 2340;

y = 260;

width = 360;

height = 360;

A great thanks in advance for your assistance. Skull

Hello Horus,

A great thanks for your explanations...

I use the 1.2.8 Release version and at this adress: C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup I can found these files:

1Camera.lua

3Cameras.lua

Camera+LMFCD(on right side).lua

Camera+LMFCD.lua

Camera+LMFCD_auto_placement.lua

Camera+RMFCD(on left side).lua

Camera+RMFCD.lua

Camera+RMFCD_auto_placement.lua

LMFCD+Camera+RMFCD.lua

Stereo.lua

Please can you tell me what file I must edit for add these lines:

UH_1H_cargocam =

{

x = 2340;

y = 260;

width = 360;

height = 360;

A great thanks in advance for your assistance. Skull

It should be the lua file which is loaded ingame actually. If you're not sure what it is, check graphic option.

Hello,

It should be the lua file which is loaded ingame actually.

Please can you give me the name of this file ?

If you're not sure what it is, check graphic option.

Please can you explain how found this option, the name of menu ?

A great thanks again, Skull.

Hello again,

I think that I'm a noob because impossible to obtain the same window like this screenshot.

attachment.php?attachmentid=97045&d=1397747047

The cargo mod is very awesome and a great new for our simulator but the cargocam very too high and too right, I would like the same view that this screenshot but I can't created this view...

If one guy can created one simple Mod who we can change the size and position of this window it's will the TOP...

Thank's in advance, Skull.

Hello,

Please can you give me the name of this file ?

Please can you explain how found this option, the name of menu ?

A great thanks again, Skull.

Run DCS > click option > click system tab > find monitor section.

There should be your current monitor config name(e.g. 1camera).

Find that lua file in monitorsetup folder and edit it as my instruction.

I haven't tried cargo cam in 1.2.8 official yet, but don't think it would be different with the latest open beta. Good luck mate.

Hello,

I join you one screenshot of my System > Monitor Section and I use 1 screen:

14045598016_97262e5f16_h.jpg

I well read your explanation but it's not easy to understand...

Thanks in advance. Skull

Edited by Skulleader

am i the only one who cannot hover over the cargo? (ch fighter+pedals)

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5