DIY G-seat

That's amazing... have you tried it while pulling high Gs in a fighter?

does this work with DCS?

I thought in his vid the sim was DCS A-10C

Edited by Sceptre

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

Hi everybody!

The seat currently works with DCS and FSX and theoretically with any other sim that can export telemetry data to the x-sim software.

For DCS, I use acceleration and engine data exportet via the export.lua. As the seat simulates acceleration in all (x,y,z) axes, one can feel everything the aircraft does: rumbling down the runway, Gs, turbulence, the landing bump... it even shakes when I fire the gun in the A-10.

You can get an idea of the movement in the video I made: http://meintourenbuch.net/simpit/g-seat-video

For a high performance fighter I tested the F-18 in FSX. Pulling 7.5 Gs in the G-Seat is intense enough to make you only do it when you have to... (like you do in the real jet I guess!)

Edited by Bergison
  • Like 1

my simpit website: bergisons.simpit.info

Many thanks for taking the cover off again, the video you made is fantastically well presented and gives a really great idea of the capability of the seat which looks like an engineering masterpiece.

Thanks for sharing, i'm very envious :)

My missus commented that it looked like a torture device!

Love the beer shot :drink:

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 1 month later...

Excellent, amazing stuff! You have more effective dof than almost all of the high-cost consumer motion simulators, in a very compact setup, too.:pilotfly::joystick:

Can't wait for you to tell us more.

:book:

[Also, have you considered adding a transducer (bass shaker/Buttkicker) to your setup? With your DIY skills, making

will be easy no doubt and as cost effective as your motion-simulator.] - Never mind, I see you've already incorporated one.
Edited by aeliusg

WOW!! you really deserve a medal for what you have created

that and the fact you are so willing to release as much info as you can, for nothing more than the knowledge you are inspiring others

I am in awe of your skills and determination

Thank you so much

Randy

Hi everybody!

I was planning to add motion to my simpit for a long time, but since the SimXperience GS-4 G-seat is a bit too expensive for me and I didn't get any reply from the guys at Ivibe, I decided to build my own DIY G-Seat:

gseat-small-1.jpg gseat-small-2.jpg simpit-small-1.jpg

It is able to simulate acceleration in all three dimensions: positive/negative Gs, acceleration/deceleration and yaw.

You can find a short description and some more pictures of it on my simpit website: http://meintourenbuch.net/simpit/g-seat

Anybody with similar projects (or the wish of building a seat like this for him/herself) and in need of some help or advice, feel free to contact me!

Sooooo awesome!!! I'm jealous.

So impressed....Nice job sir!

AM now slowly putting away my Joyrider plans to start thinking about this

makes my bolting my G25 steering wheel to the bottom of my seat as a HUGE rumble pack look pretty silly :)

more info!!! :pilotfly:

skunk160 | Win10 PRO 64bit | i7-4770K 3.50 GHz | 32GB DDR3/1866MHz | GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 x2 | Oculus Rift S | Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 | Virpil F-14B grip | Virpil 200m Curved Extension | PointCTRL | Delta Sim TM Slew | Sim Bandit AHCP | MFG Crosswind Pedals | //FOX2 Switch Boxes | RECARO SPG Seat | AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Transducer x2

//FOXTWO Multi-Role Combat Pit Build http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134745

Thanks everybody for your nice comments!

I am definitively going to publish more information on the seat and more details about the mechanics soon! I am however quite busy with other things at the moment (my last flight in the sim was more than two monts ago... :( ) - so please give me some time.

Feel free to post specific questions here or on my simpit website: http://meintourenbuch.net/simpit/comments

Regards!

my simpit website: bergisons.simpit.info

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect work. One question. I have possibility to get scn5 or scn6 linear actuator almost for free :music_whistling:. With them as I understand, I can connect directly to PC via USB (with necessary converters) and use X-Sim software. Is this right???

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Building FW190D pit ,,To Dora with love" http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=132743

Just finished checking your website and video out, that is freaking incredible man. Well done!

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440