How does hyperlobby launch lomac into network window?

I dont think this would work, 'unless' both HL and UBI could be loaded at the same time?

Hence, showing server in HL and UBI at the same time, that will display players in game/server status.

Either one essentially loads the game, sooo.. you need to hook one with the other somehow.

dredd4hd0.jpg

---= 169th Panthers -Flt Lt.- =---

http://www.169thpanthers.com.au

tbdreddey7.png

AMD64 S939 3700 | 2GB Corsair DDR500 | 21" CRT

ATI Radeon X800Pro | 2x36GB WD Raptors | SB Audigy

TIR3 | TM-868 | X52 | CH Pedals | Creative 5.1 Spkrs

There's a thread over the last week or so where people are trying to do that - I think their approach is to try to get one - say HL to start the game, but to get the other to start some other application by messing with the name of an application / the command line you gave above & still let people join through it once it thinks its started the game (that was actualy already going ?)

Didn't pay that much attention but you might find the first & last few pages of the thread interesting. (Hawg, Prophet & a few others)

Cheers.

Ok check this out, it might clarify things:

An alternative way of hosting a game is to have Hyperlobby point at a lockon.exe that's not lockon. So, when Hyperlobby starts a server, it will open this "other" lockon.exe. Once you see this other lockon.exe, you can launch the real Lock On, go into network and start a server. It will be look as if you hosted from Hyperlobby and people will be able to join by Hyperlobby.

sig36aa.jpg

Ok check this out, it might clarify things:

An alternative way of hosting a game is to have Hyperlobby point at a lockon.exe that's not lockon. So, when Hyperlobby starts a server, it will open this "other" lockon.exe. Once you see this other lockon.exe, you can launch the real Lock On, go into network and start a server. It will be look as if you hosted from Hyperlobby and people will be able to join by Hyperlobby.

Hi Jet. So you confirmed that it works? I don't have access to lockon, as I am in Arizona at the moment with some friends (yes it's killing me to not be able to play).

Anyway, if it works, I'll be using this technique once I get back home on the first of March. It will be nice to be able to host from both HL and Ubi lobby.

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

Yep it works. I made a program about six months ago that logged flight hours in the Lockon jets, and it launched Lockon.exe. Also, HL launched my FLP (flight logging program). So, I found out that HL didn't do all that much process checking after it launched a program by command line. It just waits for whatever program it launched to exit.

Hawg (and anyone interested), we talked about having a program that would launch Lockon. I was thinking, the most simple version of this would be a window that would pop up when you join or host in HL or UBI, and it has a button on it called "Launch Lock On". Would we want anything else on this window?

sig36aa.jpg

Hawg (and anyone interested), we talked about having a program that would launch Lockon. I was thinking, the most simple version of this would be a window that would pop up when you join or host in HL or UBI, and it has a button on it called "Launch Lock On". Would we want anything else on this window?

Any work you put into this is MUCHO appreciated.

Let's call the program you are making 'Jet.exe' for the sake of this discussion.

Here's how I envision the file structure and program working. Open Jet.exe. When open, Jet.exe inhibits lockon from launching when the player presses the 'launch game' button in Ubi and Hyper lobby. Jet.exe inhibits the launch of lockon through a command line intercept. This way, the player can show as a host to clients in Ubi and Hyper at the same time. Then the host launches lockon.exe, as he/she normally would for a single player game, hits NTW (network) in the game and hosts the mission.

****OR****

Your idea for a pop-up window is interesting. I don't think the program would be necessary for a client, though. Could you add a button that reads "Host Only" above the "Launch Lock On" button? This way, the host can:

-open HyperLobby

-host the game there

-press "Host Only" (HyperLobby minimizes, but doesn't launch Lock On)

-open Ubi's Lobby

-host the game there

-press "launch Lock On" button

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

I have a dumb question ;)

Is this the default path for Lockon 1.0?

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Lockon.exe

Also here's what the GUI looks like:

LoLauncher.jpg

[EDIT]This is good for anyone who has 2 separate copies of Lockon (beta, 1.1 or 1.02). Let me know if there's anyone who has more than 2 versions of Lockon and would like me to add functionality.

This thing works at the moment but I'm just testing atm.

sig36aa.jpg

Ok Hawg,

I read your post, and this program works similar to how you described (the first description), with a few differences. I tried not to make this program too large or too demanding, for reasons such as performance, etc. To me, the smaller, the better, expecially when you're trying to squeeze everything out of your PC for Lockon.

The program I made is called Lockon.exe. It needs to be called Lockon.exe for HL and UBI to run it. It is not in the Lockon folder so you do not rename the original Lockon.exe. So, Hyperlobby or UBI's options would have to be "reset" to point at the new Lockon.exe I made. You won't need both UBI and Hyperlobby to point at this new Lockon.exe, since you only need to "fool" either HL or UBI.

Anyways, this might not make sense now, I'll fix up my program for download and you can see for yourself.

PS: Hawg, the program could be made to "automate" both HL and Ubi, but that's a bit more work and for version 2 I believe ;). I'm currently stuck using a 9 year old compiler/linker because MS VS .Net won't install correctly.

sig36aa.jpg

FS Autostart

Looking good, I am running two installations; 1.12 and 1.02 and use the "folder rename" approach, which is easy but awkward.

Crow and I have been using a utility we found somewhere called FS Autostart, which I believe was created for the FS crowd.

This little app can shut down any unnecessary services and apps running prior to launching the main app and also launch other apps both before and after launching the main app.

We typically use it to "trim" the pc down for flight and launching TrackIR and HL then from HL launch the Lock On.

After you exit the main app it reinstates any services/apps that were closed and we then usually have it relaunch msn and whatever else we normally like to have up when not flying.

Very easy top configure and it creates shortcuts for each main app. I have one for HL and one for Lock On and one for LOTATC, depending on what needs launching first as the main app.

Anyhow I just thought this may be of interest to you all for this purpose or simply in general use.

FSAUTOSTART

Killer

From the help file:

Hyperlobby Fix:

===================

1) Start Hyperlobby.

2) If you do not connect automatically, skip to step 4

3) If you connect automatically, go to the CONNECT / SELECT GAME option in Hyperlobby, then disconnect.

4) Holding down SHIFT and CTRL, click on CONNECT. HL will ask you for the path to Lockon.exe, so give it the NEW path to where you placed the LockOn Launcher exe, the new Lockon.exe.

UBI Fix:

===================

1) Start UBI Lobby. Join the Lock On Channel.

2) Once you are in the Lock On channel, click on Options, then Lobby Settings.

3) Click on the Lock On tab, then click Detect, then click Manual.

4) Browse for the folder where the LockOn Launcher Lockon.exe is.

Hosting

====================

If you want to host in both UBI and HL:

1) Start HL

2) Start UBI

3) Host a mission in HL, LockOn Launcher will come up but don't click LAUNCH yet.

4) Host a mission in UBI. Another LockOn Launcher window will come up but say "LockOn Launcher is already running". Leave both LockOn Launcher Windows open, then click LAUNCH.

PS: You really only need Lockon Launcher for either HL or UBI, not both. One or the other, or both, it all works.

sig36aa.jpg

If you get this running (people joining from both HL & Ubi) how about putting the file & instructions in the server thread (can't be bothered waiting for the server pafe to load so if you already have, then forget I spoke - typed)

Has anyone tried FSAutostart for both? I started working on this Lockon Launcher yesterday and I thought I'd get it out anyways for someone to try, if it works, cool, if not, it was fun ;)

We'll see...

sig36aa.jpg

A question

Nice work Jetfire,

I got your app firing up off Hyperlobby no problems, but I am wondering how you are treating the issue of multiple installations.

I currently have

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Lockon.exe AND

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On102\Lockon.exe

as two installations

to fly 1.12 I am good to go

to fly 1.02 I must rename the folder "Lock On" to "Lock On112" or anything to remind me that its the 1.12 install, and then rename the folder "Lock On102" to "Lock On"

This is necessary because my registry only knows about an install in the first address, ie

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Lockon.exe

If I use your app to try and launch the Lock On102 path I get a runtime error as is to be expected.

Did I miss a feature of your multiple install solution? :rolleyes:

Killer

Thanks Hawg and Killer!

hmm... I never had this runtime error. The thing is, I always backed up my entire lockon folder, and with both 1.02 and 1.1 I could run the backed up version from another folder.

Anyways, just tested renaming the main folder, and I had a runtime error, so ty Killer ;) . it must have been some DLL's in the main folder that the backup was using. I'll add a folder swap function.

sig36aa.jpg

Can Killer, Hawg (when you get back) or someone with multiple installations test this:

1) rename mom.dll in your default folder to mom 2.dll

2) copy the mom.dll from your other folder to the default folder

3) try to run your Lockon.exe from the other folder without renaming folders

4) does it work? (fly around in Lock On to make sure Lockon.exe doesn't crash)

5) delete mom.dll, and rename mom 2.dll back to mom.dll

So in Killer's case:

He has

default: C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Lockon.exe

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On102\Lockon.exe

So, Killer, if you were doing this you would rename your mom.dll from your \Lock On\ folder, copy the mom.dll from your \Lock On102\ folder to your \Lock On\ folder, then run lockon.exe from your \Lock On102\ folder.

Sorry guys, the drive where I have Lock on has about a 1 GB left, so it wouldn't allow me to have 2 installs on the same drive since I'm low on space. Also, copying 2 gigs of data from disk to disk each time I wanted to swap would be time consuming.

So, I'm hoping this mom.dll trick works. Killer, in your case, it would be easy to swap because it's just two folders in the same subfolder, but others might have quite a bit different setup. It is also possible that some people do not have their two installations in the same sub folder, so it would require a bit more file management.

sig36aa.jpg

Fixed version:

0.91:

- swaps folders to avoid runtime errors. Once you unlock the folders you can also set what folder is the default path. The program will not move folders on different hard drives or partitions though. Both installations can be anywheres on the same drive.

- command line history. Now you can save your last 20 command line parameters.

http://www.fileshack.us/files/591/LoLauncher.zip

sig36aa.jpg