Building mod

Thanks Ricardo. Please, never let negative people put you off from doing things.

Regards,

Milli

It was not negative, but i had the feeling that there was not realy an expectation on a kutz relooking, as the 3D model was very poor.

Half of the work was already done only the deck was on my todo list.

And the deck was a uge amount of work.

So i decided to work on the buildings and keep the kutz for my own use. :D

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Ricardo, I don't know what others said about you working on current model of Kuz but the other model made by Tomcatz is better looking as is but would look far better if touched by you at the textures. I don't know how are you with the time but... maybe you have time for it too :D

Here are some pics within game of Tomcatz model but with some textures altered by others IIRC

Oh

And is great to hear that your work is officially integrated into DCS. That tag under your name stands for something. :)

Maybe your Shark and Warthog pits will make it too someday?

Screen_140826_175024.png Screen_140826_175055.png Screen_140826_175116.png

Screen_140826_175132.png Screen_140826_175144.png Screen_140826_175152.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

But is not my work. The mod is from here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=107822&page=4

Maybe I swaped few textures here and there and wrap it up in a JSGME format for my squad mates but nothing more.

edit, I see the links are expired from there so here is what I have:

http://we.tl/1vVcl8b0sN

Ricardo, do you have it? You can take a look at the model and textures from the above link if you wish.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

@Ricardo Brilliant work ! I love the red brick building especially because it adds more colour diversity to the surrounding area(s). All stunning texture work, a real artist you are. :thumbup:

Please do not hesitate using the better quality textures with EDGE in mind if you are taking care of the sizes for the current engine.

(Or maybe a specific updated release for EDGE could be possible?)

Thanks for upgrading our DCS World xD!

Hi Ricardo,

I think the EDM of this object is named "ukrytie_b.edm",

but I can't find its texture, may be it has another name in another folder/zip ? :noexpression:

i have been seaching in every .zip of buildings and terrain files but that "ukrytie_b" texture is definitly unfundable...:(:(:(

Since I am sure most if not all of those files reside in zip files, you might want to look at this post if you have not seen it.

Modding zip files an easier way

How can I find the root structure of the terrain mods to be able to use this method ,I know it works because I used it to install the Gauges mod for the UH-1 yesterday.

The terrain mods are confusing because of the different seasons and I am not sure if each season needs it's own folder.

The terrain mods are confusing because of the different seasons and I am not sure if each season needs it's own folder.

every zip file you want to modify need its own folder (DCS checks the names of folders and zips)..so yes..a new folder for every zip you want to "change"

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

I am in love!! I remember when i did some of the structure textures in HD back with FC2, my aim was to try to produce the quality that RICARDO is producing now :D

at that time you made a very nice textures mod with FC2 Mustang :thumbup:

by the way, what was the problem using those FC2 textures in DCSW ? :(

why did you drop your project ? :cry:

sign-pic4.jpg

at that time you made a very nice textures mod with FC2 Mustang :thumbup:

by the way, what was the problem using those FC2 textures in DCSW ? :(

why did you drop your project ? :cry:

It was the texture templates, they are alot different to the ones that i did for FC2 and that put me off.

a question

that's an option, but do you know if on the same airport it should be the same camo for all the buildings?

I don't have a lot of reference picts...

I was working on, but these textures are very low resolution and upload damages fps, a way to work them to make them look better?

27zgpog.jpg

[sIGPIC]

2dum4qx.jpg

[/sIGPIC]