Intermittent trim

snomhf

I'm very new to lomac (FC 1.12 is my first experience) and I have spent a couple of days trying to find confirmation of what certainly looks like a bug to me. I'm hoping someone can shed some light my way on this.

I have CH HOTAS and have set pitch trim to the throttle wheel on my FighterStick just as I have with IL2 and other flight games. It works perfectly only if I first bring up one of the training missions (e.g. the F15 aileron roll) and break out of it (CTRL-Q). I am then able to use trim in any flight so long as I don't terminate LO. As soon as I terminate LO and bring it back up, my trim is completely gone until I go through the ritual of starting up a training mission and breaking out of it first.

I first discovered this when I would bring up the A10 Quick Flight and noticed that my trim wheel did not work. Even the trim keys "." and ":" did not work nor did CTRL-t. However, if I start up a training mission, break out of it and then return to the Quick Flight, the trim wheel and all the trim keys work perfectly.

Am I the only one seeing this? Since I have not used any prior version, I don't know if this is particular to 1.12 or not.

Thank you. Looking forward to your comments.

signature.jpg

---------- Click here for details ----------

Abit AV8 MB, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1.5 GB DDR, GeForce 6600GT/256MB AGP,

CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals/Throttle Quad/DT225 Trackball, TIR4

ruggbutt,

Yes, I set up the wheel in the Input section. It shows up as "rotator2" I believe. I was even able to tone down the sensitivity of it with "curve" control. It works great when it works.

Also, yes, I use CH Control Manager 4.0 to set up my HOTAS. I have stick, throttle, and pedals set up as a single device. The wheel throttle appears in Windows game devices as axis U. My setup in IL2 is very similar and that has been working flawlessly for a long time. I did a map for Falcon 4.0 in a very similar way as well a couple of years back.

signature.jpg

I don’t have a CH stick but could turning off the FFB in the producer.cfg file help this situation? Worth turning it off anyway even if you have a FFB stick. Why it doesn’t come turned off as default is beyond me.

Anyway it probably wont help but worth a try seeing as it only takes a second to do;

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Config

Open ; producer.cfg and change ForceFeedbackEnabled = true;

To;

ForceFeedbackEnabled = false;

Exactly as it is written with no caps;

• Like 2

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

Cosmo,

Wow! You're a genius! Turning off FFB fixed it!

In fact, the game now loads almost twice as fast and the plane is so much easier to control! From day one, I've felt as if there is some sort of "autopilot" that I would mildly fight with; especially the "Quick Flights." All of that is gone now.

Thank you very much!

signature.jpg

Very similar to what I've set except the Shift. I'll have to play with that. Wasn't sure what that really did. I'll try your settings and see what I think.

Thanks

signature.jpg

I had the same thing happening with my X45 and an XBOX steering wheel and pedals that I used with a usb adapter and the XBCD windows drivers.

It fixed it for that too!

Thanks!!!

:icon_supe

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]