FAQ for F-15 AFM Development

cofcorpse

• ED Team

1. Nose Wheel

1) Steering system automatically engages when nose gear is on the ground

2) Nose Gear Steering Disengage (LAlt + Q, must be held) - disengages nose gear steering system. Steering will re-engage when button is released and nose gear rotated less than 45 degrees

3) Nose Gear Maneuvering Range (S, must be held) - selects maneuvering range (45 degrees)

2. Braking

1) Wheel Brake On (W) - brakes with both wheels

2) Wheel Brake Left On/Off (LCtrl + A) and Wheel Brake Right On/Off (LAlt + A) - discrete braking, each command for its wheel. Also there are separate axis

3) Axis can be inverted. If you have trouble with landing and touchdown, check brakes axis settings

3. Fuel system

1) Fuel quantity indicator now indicates fuel quantity in Feed tanks. Their capacity is different - near 1500 lbs right and 1250 lbs left

2) FUEL LOW light shows low fuel level in feed tanks, 1000 lbs in right feed tank and 600 lbs in left feed tank

3) External tanks refueling is prevented until tank 1 fuel quantity is above approximately 1560 lbs

4) While air refueling, if FUEL LOW light is off, and when gear is down, fuel won't transfer into internal tanks

5) While air refueling (open slipway door) fuel won't transfer from tank 1

6) Fuel dump stops when BINGO FUEL light is on

4. Control system

1) FFB must be working.

2) AFCS Attitude Hold - holds pitch and roll. All three CAS channels must be on to switch Attitude hold on. ATT HOLD is automatically disengaged when: load factor is greater than +4g and less than 0g, CAS axis is disengaged. Is temporary disengaged when: pitch is greater than +-45, roll is greater than +-60 or stick forces is applied. Can be engaged by A key

3) AFCS Altitude Hold - holds altitude and roll. Attitude Hold must be engaged to switch Altitude hold on. ALT HOLD is automatically disengaged when: Attitude hold is disengaged, vertical velocity exceeds 2000 FPM. Is temporary disengaged when: roll is greater than +-60, stick forces is applied. Can be engaged by H key

4) Autopilot lights are working incorrect. It's known issue. WIP You can check mode by its switch

5. Speed brake

1) You can extend and retract speedbrake to any desired position using Airbrake On (LShift+B) and Airbrake Off (LCtrl+B). First press start moving, second stops. With Airbrake (B) command speedbrake extends and retracts to its extreme positions

2) Speedbrake automatically retracts when AoA becomes more than 15.5 degress (25.5 units). It automatically extends, when AoA is reduced (WIP)

If you have ideas what to include, you are welcome

Important

In new beta update manual trim and t/o trim may not work. It's known issue. Please, do not make new topics

Edited by cofcorpse

Item one should be part of the patch notes. Item 5 as well.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

2. Braking

1) Wheel Brake Left On/Off (LCtrl + A) and Wheel Brake Right On/Off (LAlt + A) - discrete braking. Also there are separate axis

I thought braking was done with the W key. Is this something different or has the key been changed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3. Fuel System

Problem being with the feed tank values that they are not changing 9 flights out of ten. When the cumulative total held across all tanks drops below 2700, the feed tank values should begin decreasing.

They're not. Most missions, they sit idly by at 1200 and 1500, respectively, until the aircraft runs out of fuel at some unknown value that isn't showing on the totalizer (since we have no *known* ability right now to swap between the tank values).

This keeps getting locked as a non-bug, but it's obvious- the feeds should decrease consistently. Until they do, it's an issue.

And yes, it's understood as a WIP at this point. But it needs to stop being called correct functionality.

I thought braking was done with the W key. Is this something different or has the key been changed?

Changed in v1.2.8 but the W still activates both (or at least the command still exists).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

My experience is that even extract the air break, I rarely see the effect of speed reduction.

From what I could tell, it was just a visual, with no, or very minimal, affect on the aircraft's flight.

Multiple MFD Pages

Is it possible, to include an 2nd MFD page with Datalink or any other page of the real F-15C? The MFD don't have to be clickable. The switch between page 1 and 2 could be possible with a hotkey.

Radios

Maybe, you can integrate a DCS level radio system, which mean that we can switch between UHF and VHF AM with hotkeys. I saw, that you can programm a frequency into the radiosystem of the TF-51D via the missioneditor (up to 4 different frequencies). Can we get this for the Eagle, too?

regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Multiple MFD Pages

Is it possible, to include an 2nd MFD page with Datalink or any other page of the real F-15C? The MFD don't have to be clickable. The switch between page 1 and 2 could be possible with a hotkey."

Like moving map type arrangement similar to the Russian fighters ? Maybe linked to NAV mode or selectable toggle between Stores display and Map ?

p2516_zpse65d41a0.jpg

So the speed brake doesn't function the way you expect it to. At first I though it was missing its incremental adjustment capability, but it turns out you have to hit the button to start it moving, and then again to stop it in place. If you have it mapped to the brake switch on the warthog, it becomes slightly more complicated to operate, since the hold position is not recognized. Then the auto-retract causes you to have to cycle back to the off position before you can redploy.

That is the Sperry MPCD displaying a SIT page, but this one is quite sanitized.

It would be a bit more like what you can find for F-35/F-22.

Cursor over contacts and get details: Aircraft type, altitude, speed, possibly other fun information, including last update time.

TEWS working in concert with your radar and other inputs will show a 'ghost contact' on SIT showing expected range of the emitter threat. This information can be combined with a reliable radar hit to form an NCTR identification, aside from the actual NCTR itself.

In some cases, you can NCTR a jammer. You get the idea (you might also get the idea that we are missing a lot of symbology from the RWR. That's because we are :P )

Having said all that, I doubt there will be an increase in page count for the FC level F-15C, and really the far, faaaaaaaaaaaar more important thing is an automated radar and missile capability increase.

Like moving map type arrangement similar to the Russian fighters ? Maybe linked to NAV mode or selectable toggle between Stores display and Map ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team
So the speed brake doesn't function the way you expect it to. At first I though it was missing its incremental adjustment capability, but it turns out you have to hit the button to start it moving, and then again to stop it in place. If you have it mapped to the brake switch on the warthog, it becomes slightly more complicated to operate, since the hold position is not recognized. Then the auto-retract causes you to have to cycle back to the off position before you can redploy.

Thanks! I'll try to fix it. What if LShift+B and LCtrl+B must be held to work?

What if LShift+B and LCtrl+B must be held to work?

You cannot issue two commands simultaneously if they have a key in common.

cofcorpse, it should work like this:

You push the 'up' or 'down' switch to extend or retract the airbrake.

When you release the up or down switch, the switch returns to the 'hold' position and the brake remains in the position where you left it (anywhere from closed up to the full extension of the airbrake, not just open/closed).

If you pull more than 25uAoA, the brake retracts, but when you return to less than 25uAoA, it should extend again.

So,

Hold 'extend' button: The airbrake extends

Release 'extend' button: The airbrake remains at the angle you extended it to.

Same idea for 'retract' button.

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

cofcorpse, it should work like this:

You push the 'up' or 'down' switch to extend or retract the airbrake.

When you release the up or down switch, the switch returns to the 'hold' position and the brake remains in the position where you left it (anywhere from closed up to the full extension of the airbrake, not just open/closed).

Pretty much like the A-10C works now, unless I misunderstood something.

I don't have a -1 on me, but I think the F-15 airbrake switch mechanization is just a bit different. Generally the same idea though.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]