@BritGliderPilot RE:Su-30 mod

Colt40Five

It's not compatible with FC - the dual-control code it needs to work was removed completely, and doesn't look like it'll be written from scratch any time soon.

It's a shame - especially since due to internet constraints at the time I was never able to play the damn thing! - but that's the way it is :(

I'm not really interested in the ability to fly from the back seat or the dual controls, I mainly want to be able to use the Su-30 exterior model and skins for the Su-33, like the first part of the mod. Is it possible to just use the first part with FC?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not really interested in the ability to fly from the back seat or the dual controls, I mainly want to be able to use the Su-30 exterior model and skins for the Su-33, like the first part of the mod. Is it possible to just use the first part with FC?

Ah, OK - well that makes life a bit easier ;)

You still can't use the whole mod - it overwrites certain v1.1 files with the v1.02 versions, and as a result the whole game takes a step back.

What you'll have to do is extract the external model files and textures and install them manually.

The model files are the .cmd files, and the textures are .bmp. Or if compressed by Loman, .bmp.dds and you'll probably need to put them into their own Loman mod to expand them again.

If you need a bit more guidance, feel free to ask :)

Ok so I'm going to create a new loman file...and I assume if I use the cmd and bmp files from the old mod it will overwrite the su-33 as before right? So textures go in temp textures and the cmd files go where?

I'm waiting for my copy of FC from gogamer to arrive, when it gets here hopefully I'll be ready for it! :)

O btw when I get it working would you mind if I submit the mod to lockonfiles under your name? I don't know why I think that two-seater is so damn sexy but I do...thanks again for your help!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, I made a new loman pack that works great in 1.02 (still waiting for my copy FC to test in 1.12a), One question how do I get it to show up as Su-30KM and not Su-33? Only files I used were textures and the Su-33.cmd from your previous mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ok, I made a new loman pack that works great in 1.02 (still waiting for my copy FC to test in 1.12a), One question how do I get it to show up as Su-30KM and not Su-33? Only files I used were textures and the Su-33.cmd from your previous mod.

Renaming the aircraft has to be done in the MeInit.xml file - it lives in your Lomac\ME folder, and basically contains a whole heap of data about every object in Lomac.

If you search for "Su-33", then you should be able to spot the MeInit entry that relates specifically to it.

MeInit modding is a bit of a black art. Changing the name changes the name of the aircraft just fine, but it means you won't get a 3D model in the payload editor. You can get around that by adding a Shape="Su30" tag in there - look for other examples if you get lost.

Let me know how you get on :)

I'd be quite surprised if there isn't an Su30 mod for Flaming Cliffs already, but feel free to add it if you like.

Just be sure to mention that it doesn't include the two-seater bit - don't want people to get the idea it's there when it's not.

If you're going to go the whole hog with that, make sure you use the v1.12 MeInit and try and get the extra weapons on as well. There aren't many you can use anymore . . . . I'll have to check up which ones you can and can't.

In that case I would choose a much simpler solution ;) . Go into the Meinit.xml, locate the Su-30 entry and then the line; "HumanCockpit=no" and change it to "HumanCocpit=yes" - then save your changes.

Now the Su-30 is flyable. As per default all AI aircraft made flyable this way will be assigned the cockpit of the Su-27, which just happens to be all but identical to the front cockpit of the Su-30.......so it is the only AI entry for which this procedure actually produces a reasonably realistic result.

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

The only Su-30 mods available on lockonfiles are brit's and one to sub for the Su-27, both of them say 1.02 only. If there are others elsewhere I don't know about them. I think I can live with it saying su-33 and looking su-30 to keep the mod as simple as possible, and I definitely want it associated with the su-33 data so I can operate from the Kutz and A-A refuel.

If no other Su-30 mods are pointed out to me, I'll test with 1.12a when my FC gets here and then upload it to lockonfiles if all is well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
In that case I would choose a much simpler solution ;) . Go into the Meinit.xml, locate the Su-30 entry and then the line; "HumanCockpit=no" and change it to "HumanCocpit=yes" - then save your changes.

Cheers,

- JJ.

I tried that before and tested it now, and it seems that you can choose the non flyable aircraft as player, but cant much control them after game starts, they just plums in to the ground out of control. This is in 1.02 to be clear.

• 1 year later...
Ok I've had a chance to run it in FC and everything works as it should. One last question before I upload it to lockonfiles. Who made the skins that are included? I want to give credit in the description...

Hello guys,

I have been redirected here from forums.ubi.com by 214th Hitman.

Last night i have been reading about this two seater, and it sounds great to me.

I have the 1.12B fc installed and changed the meinit.xml file so that everybody on my server can fly the jets.

I still have some questions about that but thats a nother topic i guess.

My question is is this mod (twoseater) working on the FC 1.12b??

If this is the case can you "pro's" help me out a little bit with installing it on my pc and my mates?? I would realy like to give him some lessons in landing etc.

Trust me i'm no NOOB to this game but i need a little support making sure that i'm not going to change something i'm going to regred, right?

I would like to thank you for all efforts taken.

PEACE Dr.T