E.D. - Is the file at lockon.ru 1.12a?

Weta43

Hi,

Just went to the vitual-jabog32 site to get 1.12a & when I started downloading it said the download would take 14 hours, so I went to lockon.ru to get the file off one of their mirrors, but the file has exactly the same name as the original 1.11 & there's no reference to the file having been changed to 1.12a in the text.

Has Virtual-Jabog32 beaten even E.D. to the punch?

E.D. Is the file at Lockon.ru the new version of the patch, or the old & if new could you reflect that in the file_name please?

Cheers.

Hi Weta,

Don't worry... Chizh sent this patch version over to me this late afternoon (german time). We host patches, movies, add-ons and stuff like that in order to save ED's server bandwidth ;) I think the 1.12a patch should be available on ED's site by tomorrow at the latest. :D

• Like 1

Kind regards,

JaBoG32_Chrissi

So far so good for me. If no major complaints are given with SOLO players, its a keepers, because it apears to work as well as intended online.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

At the moment Wags the lockon.ru site says

"Patch version 1.12a for "LockOn 1.1: Flaming Cliffs" simulator Coming Soon"

& by the download button it says:

"Patch ver.1.12 for CD installed english language** version of LockOn 1.1: Flaming Cliffs"

& the file name is still the same as for 1.12

?

Cheers.

• ED Team
At the moment Wags the lockon.ru site says

"Patch version 1.12a for "LockOn 1.1: Flaming Cliffs" simulator Coming Soon"

& by the download button it says:

"Patch ver.1.12 for CD installed english language** version of LockOn 1.1: Flaming Cliffs"

& the file name is still the same as for 1.12

?

I would imagine that it will be posted on the Eagle site tomorrow. I found it very odd that it was first released on a non-Eagle site.

-Matt

No odd things to wonder here, gentlemen.

It just happens that ED don´t coordinate the patch releases precisely so that every mirror is up at the same time.

And there´s also no need for them to do so IMHO.

As for our DL server, Chizh just uploads the files via FTP and drops us an informative mail but without any specific release timing.

In case of the 1.12 release, we noticed the files and mail very late since some essential people had gathered for a squad meet in the Bavarian alps for a weekend of skiing and drinks...:icon_jook :icon_supe

That´s why we weren´t mentioned initially in the Lockon.ru HP mirror list for 1.12.

This time (1.12a) we noticed the files quite early and so it happened that we provided the downloads on time.

We don´t even know if we were the first to host, it rather depends on how which DL links spread thoughout the community by forum posts...

@ Wags:

Since the patch mirror list on lockon.ru doesn´t state which mirror is ED´s own and which isn´t, it´s quite hard to judge Eagle sites from non-Eagle sites.

I like the appearance of all this, everyone is doing his part in a combined developer-/community-driven effort.

Makes one feel comfy like being part of a big international family.

Cheers!

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"