Frame Rate Issues with prop planes

USARStarkey

My Setup:

GTX680

16GB ram

In DCS I can normally run enormous scenarios without any issue. However the prop planes are killing me. Ive been trying to run a scenario with 20 190s vs 12 p-51s and 16 bear bombers. FPS drops to 18 or so as soone as the fight begins. Lagg only occurs when im looking at the mass of planes fighting each other, even at great distances. I have tried turning down gfx, but with no change what-so-ever. I have a friend with a similar setup: GTX 770, 4770k, 8gb of ram, and he gets 60fps without breaking the sweat. His FPS rarely dropped below 50. our GPUs and cPUs are similar so im not sure what gives. the 770 and 680 are pretty similar, 770 being a tad more powerful, but not 40fps more powerful.

Can anyone help?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Weed Be gone Needed

• 7 months later...

Could be tracer fire, i get stutters when WWII are in dogfights and lots of tracer. There is a file you change , but i cant find it now i think it was a tracer some thing . since the last update i am having lots of stutters again . try this from this site.

Edit your tracer_bullet_red.lods file found in .../Bazar/World/Shapes folder

values are like this

Code:

lods = { {"tracer_bullet_red.edm",600.000000}; {"tracer_bullet_red-LOD.edm",2000.000000}; {"tracer_bullet_red-LOD2.edm",1000000.000000};

Edited by con3para

HAF TOWER / MSI z77 G43 /-i5-3570k.@ 3.4mhz / GTX 780 / Patriot 8GB. DDR3 / TM-HOTAS-warthog 00228