Friday April 11, 2014 Development Update – The Two Messerschmitts

luthier1

Hello folks,

Ooh, how the time flies, another Friday already? My job is the least predictable of all in the project it seems. I tend to have a huge variety of tasks in my lap, all with five alarm bells ringing, and with no one to give them to. I’ve spent all week doing emergency translations and documents. Doing that while also trying to be a single father to two young kids means that there’s literally no time for anything, especially sleep.

When Friday comes around, Friday morning my time, Friday evening Moscow time, that means a very sudden silence. The kids go to their mother, and there’s no urgent work that has to be completed by tonight – Moscow’s off until Sunday night my time.

Then it’s time for me to relax, sit back, and write a Friday update – and after that, most incredible of all, I can finally go and catch up on some z’s.

Work-wise, we’re moving ahead full speed getting the 109 to a stable alpha stage. Tasks are getting smaller, while the results are becoming a lot more noticeable. We’ve spent all week on the cockpit, on animating the gauges (about a third of all objects now move properly), recording new sounds for Dora and Kurfurst, completing an authentic electrical system, writing out the entire set of keybord shortcuts for the K-4 mostly based on the Mustang. Runway take-offs are finally nice and straight.

The new render is still a bit wacky, and that’s completely outside our control, ED guys are putting crazy hours into it as well.

So, the best we can show on screenshots is a couple of interior shots with needles properly pointing at things other than zeroes.

1876bc932734bce0a6786894779ca83d_large.jpg?1397246452

53bfe2ac60b020192a1c7d71409509c1_large.jpg?1397246462

df1e25745b21989f94baf7b220d341b0_large.jpg?1397246472

Also, here’s where we are with the Me.262 external. Hope you guys have a great weekend!

p2.thumb.jpg.77e4ae51e2869d95ac87b479610da206.jpg

p3.thumb.jpg.7e3ad19d15fce303ed1896bab8ec3088.jpg

p4.thumb.jpg.e2f8c321d55be6758920e00a4440a4e6.jpg

p5.thumb.jpg.b88f5df6656930a594e0faf232e42698.jpg

Sleep!

Thank you very much.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Yes that 262 is looking very nice & nice update!! Get some rest Ilya! :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

Great news!!!

Good to hear that things are taking form!!!

Thanks!

MSI Z390 Gaming Plus Intel I7 8700 @4.4Ghz CoolerMaster H411R Corsair LPX 3000Mhz 32GB NVidea GTX 1080 TI XFX650W PNY SSD 256gb win10 64 Samsung SSD480gb DCS,IL21946 WD Caviar Green 1Tb Ultimate Tir5.

+1 for the 262. A very special aircraft which is going to be great to learn at a DCS level.

Indeed. I am sure many of us will be looking forward to your eventual YouTube tutorials as well. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Nice!!!

Thanks for the inside view in your life, hardworking Ilya ;-)

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

+1 for the 262. A very special aircraft which is going to be great to learn at a DCS level.

Indeed. I am sure many of us will be looking forward to your eventual YouTube tutorials as well. :)

It's interesting, a lot of people seem to feel like this and I'm not sure I understand it.

Can anyone elucidate to me the reasons that you feel that the Me 262 is such an interesting aircraft?

I understand that being among the first operational jets using experimental technology and using design decisions that you don't necessarily see these days is cool but I know next to nothing specific about those aspects.

Just curious.

Well, it is the first operational jetfighter ever. Kind of a big deal. Sure there were other experimental aircraft that had jet engines going back to the thirties but the Me 262 is the first jetfighter build in series and the first to see combat. It was faster than anything of the time, way ahead of any other WW2 fighter.

However there were problems with reliability partly because of the dwindling resources in germany (i.e. lower quality metals) partly because the engines needed to be handled carefully. You couldn't just slam the throttles forward like in a modern jetfighter so it will be very interesting to see how they'll model the delicacy of the engine handling.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

The Gloster Meteor flew in WW2 but was restricted in action as the allies did not want the Germans or Soviets to get access if one was shot down . Work started on the engines in 1936 .They initially were used as defence against the V-1 shooting down 14 during the war and saw service in Europe but were never allowed to fly over enemy territory .They were involved in an exercise simulating attacks on allied bombers so the Allied fighters could formulate an effective defence against the ME262 . In March 1945 616 sqd flew armed reccae & ground attack operations and destroyed 46 enemy aircraft but never encountered the ME262.They were scrambled when Arado Ar 234 jet bombers attacked their Airfield . Probably due to the absence of air to air combat in this period the Meteor seems to miss out on mentioning .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_Meteor

You couldn't just slam the throttles forward like in a modern jetfighter so it will be very interesting to see how they'll model the delicacy of the engine handling.

Hopefully they will simulate the engine issues (can't imagine they wouldn't simulate flame-out when not handling it right), as without it I can see multiplayer servers having tons of people hopping in 262's all the time. Making the jet as challenging as it would have been to fly in WWII would mean that those willing to learn the jet will be the ones hopping in her, while hopefully cutting down on the number of those just seeking what they think is a "pwnmobile".

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone