how accurate is FRAPS?

I'm using FRAPS to check my FPS, and was wondering how accurate is it. the reason I'm asking this is that I play campaigm missions with the A-10 at 1280X1024 res, with almost everything set to max (xcept water on medium and VSB range on medium) with mirrors and scratches on, ans FSAA X2 and AF set by app.

I get FPS count of 45-60 with 35-40 on the runway and it rarely drops below 30 on populated areas and heavy activity. it seems quite high to me. if these readings are true I'll be a heapy camper.

so is FRAPS for real?

SB

** image removed by moderator **

System Specs:

intel Core i7 2600K, nVidia GTX580 ,8GB x1333 MHz RAM ,Win 7 ultimate 64bit, LG FLATRON W24553v 24" Monitor. MSFF 2 stick (yeah, it sucks).

Your numbers seems reasonable,

the easiest way to test must be to enable the internal FPS-counter ;)

ctrl+backspace

For a more accurate fps comparison you can benchmark this track:

http://forum.lockon.ru/showpost.php?p=164668&postcount=5

The reason I don't use the internal FPS counter is because it's almost nreadable for me. the numbers flash and change in irratic manner between 19-85 with no apparent reason.I don't know whats the reason for it, it didn't act like that on my older rig (P4 2.6, radeon9700Pro 128 MB). So I have to use a more "stable" FPS counter.

SB

** image removed by moderator **

System Specs:

intel Core i7 2600K, nVidia GTX580 ,8GB x1333 MHz RAM ,Win 7 ultimate 64bit, LG FLATRON W24553v 24" Monitor. MSFF 2 stick (yeah, it sucks).

Add MaxFPS = XX; in graphics.cfg where XX is the desired maximum.

I use 50, for example. This might help the spiking to higher numbers. Mine seems to be one of two; 50, or 38. Very stable, no rapid changes. Although this isn't the first time I've heard of an unuseable in game FPS counter.