Two F15 questions:

JACN

- Does real F15s have auto-throttle function?

- Is just my joystick or the LO´s F-15 have to be trimmed?. May I be wrong but I think the real one not need to be trimmed, the PTC (Pitch Trim Compesator) do the task: "constant stick position for a given g"

-I don't think the real one has autothrottle.

-The f15 in lock on does autotrim. But I think it takes it some time to trim the aircraft. For example after a climb you need to wait some seconds for the aircraft to trim to level flight, it's not instant.

- Is just my joystick or the LO´s F-15 have to be trimmed?. May I be wrong but I think the real one not need to be trimmed, the PTC (Pitch Trim Compesator) do the task: "constant stick position for a given g"

The game version and RL version of the F15 do not need to be trimmed.

Make sure auto level is off by pressing the "H" key and press "ctrl-t" to reset trim. Once you start trimming in the game, it turns off the autotrim feature until you hit "ctrl-t" again.

Dave "Hawg11" St. Jean

-The f15 in lock on does autotrim. But I think it takes it some time to trim the aircraft. For example after a climb you need to wait some seconds for the aircraft to trim to level flight, it's not instant.

Yes, it does autotrim after manoeuvered...but when increasing/ decreasing speed (horizontal leveled-1g) you (i do) can see a pitch up/down response...not compensed by PTC.

The game version and RL version of the F15 do not need to be trimmed.

Make sure auto level is off by pressing the "H" key and press "ctrl-t" to reset trim. Once you start trimming in the game, it turns off the autotrim feature until you hit "ctrl-t" again.

Well, if it seems to be working right for you guys, may it be a problem with my joystick :icon_frow

- Does real F15s have auto-throttle function?

Great question...gonna call a buddy of mine who works on them at Eglin and find out cause I honestly forgot. As far at the engine stuff though I know they incorporated a new DEEC a few years back....a digital electronic engine controller for engine management...makes the transition faster from idle to full burner and is more fuel efficient and better for the engine....The 15E model has a much better one that can take the engine from idle to full burner in 4 seconds flat...I always enjoyed watching that!

Flying the Friendly,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great question...gonna call a buddy of mine who works on them at Eglin and find out cause I honestly forgot. As far at the engine stuff though I know they incorporated a new DEEC a few years back....a digital electronic engine controller for engine management...makes the transition faster from idle to full burner and is more fuel efficient and better for the engine....The 15E model has a much better one that can take the engine from idle to full burner in 4 seconds flat...I always enjoyed watching that!

Flying the Friendly,

lol idle to burner, the 0-60 of aircraft :icon_supe

The DEEC was brought in with the -220 engine on the C/D and early Es before they got the -229s. There was a lot of problems with -100 engines because the old engine management system was too slow to handle aggressive pilot inputs and led to many flame outs, compressor stalls, fan blade failures and after burner ignition problems, the latter of which cause the loss of the first F-15.

The DEEC has fixed all that and pilots no longer have to be careful with throttle inputs. Love the blue AB flame on the -229s.:D