Program start hangs on Starforce window

Floyd

Floyd is right. I again installed LOMAC, FC 1.1 and then 1.12a. I did some sort of test, so after i installed LOMAC I fired up the game, no problem there. After installing FC 1.1 I again started the game (now with SF), again no problems SF read the disc just fine. After patch 1.12a nada nothing!

Edit typo

i got the same problem, leave it alone an the game will eventually load up can take up to 5 mins in the c*******y starfloppy thingy box.

please please please please god in hell an heaven please please dont use starforce for blacksharskie please please oooooooooh pritty please with a double cherry on top, ill be ya bestest friend :D

'Basscadet'

"just when you thought they stopped putting monkeys in planes"

thScreenShot_130.jpgthDSCN0287.jpg

sig.png

yeah windows isn't the problem...

I had no issues whatsoever until I applied the 1.12a patch. whats more, as previously said, the game works (1.12 and under) until you apply "1.12a" then it will not read the stupid disc.

I can replicate this issue every single time. I tried to install lockon on my laptop (completely different system) and it does the same thing. It has to be some hardware issue where starforce cannot authenticate the disc with certain drives. Which is BS, because like I said.. We would have less problems playing a pirated game..

It oviously doesnt happen to EVERYONE, but its BIG enough that severtal users have reported the issue.

PS: I also got that "void" whatever error someone else had in here. As of now I cannot play my game due to crapforce..

sig-YF19a.jpg

I too am experiencing this problem and it is extremely enfuriating!!! :icon_evil

After having booted the original Lomac out of complete dissapointment years ago, I've heard more than enough good things about FC to give it a bash again. I quite literally received FC yesterday, installed and promptly patched to 1.12a.... fired it up and... kablooey! :mad:

I spent the day uninstalling/re-installing/tweaking/whatever and eventually discovered that native FC runs but 1.12a doesn't. With ARM505's assistance, happened upon this thread... Thanx ARM! ;)

Someone PLEASE sort this out ASAP! I'm dying to see FC in its full glory... pretty please! :(

@ Fudd: My CPU is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

ok, a quick fix, i dunno if you have tried this but make a shortcut for the protect exe file, do procaff on the shortcut, but move the original protect.exe to another location so it isnt confused with the shortcut.

now start the game, the game will look for the exe, it wont find it and will use the shortcut instead ( i think) and then it should launch protect.exe on one core, maybe that will resolve the problems ?

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

procaff is a program that allows you to set affinity for programs that have problems running on 2 cores/cpu's

I am not sure my workaround above will even work, but I have did similar for a few programs albeit they never had SF, but I have did similar workarounds for exe's and the shortcut thing mentioned above.

I dont know if it will work as I havent tried it here as my LO works and I aint messing with it...

Sorry, Floyd

It wasn't fixed.

After I remove Starforce driver with Starforce remover, the game start once.

But it didn't next time.

Now, I start the game with no CD in the drive, then I could start the game.

I don't know what will happen, when Starfoce requests the CD next time.

Maybe I have to remove all Starforce driver again.

I know is not directly ED's fault, but is so damn frustrating...

Actually it is directly their fault.

They are licensing the "technology" for lockon....hence it's their responsiblity to fix it and not ignore starfart questions.

To be fair also....

I have also see these types of errors if you've tried to block or disable your PATA CD drive channel....

Thanks,

Brett

Meanwhile, is 1.12 compatible with 1.12A for online play in the meantime? Anyone know?

The readme says it's not compatible.

Version 1.12a is not multiplayer compatible with any previous versions of Lock On. All players must be using version 1.12a to be compatible.

Opteron 170 Dual Core @ 2.8ghz (you might be up to something here) I'll have to try again in my single core Pentum-M lappy and see what happens

bflagg

Technically speaking, I dont see it directly as ED's fault. Since it's a technology they are licensing causing the problem. HOWEVER, it's their responsability to correct the flaw they or StarCrap introduced.

EDIT: Typo

sig-YF19a.jpg

Actually it is directly their fault.

They are licensing the "technology" for lockon....hence it's their responsiblity to fix it and not ignore starfart questions.

To be fair also....

I have also see these types of errors if you've tried to block or disable your PATA CD drive channel....

I`m afraid to experiment with my own computer now. This f****** starfart

stole another activation from me. I disabled some unused stuff on my rig:

serial and parallel ports, midi, game, etc. (as advised by EvilScotsman)

Obviously, the almighty sfart noticed it...

I enabled all of these things again... sfart wasn`t satisfied.

I tried registry backup I made earlier - no go! So, I activated again (12 left:))

Well, activation wasn`t quite smooth. I had to screw around with my firewall

but, wasn`t so bad.

I also upgraded to new BIOS, NV4 chipset drivers and some Guru3d stuff

and I`m so happy and gratefull that sfart allowed me to do that... or, did it?

I`ll find out soon :/