#02 - DEV UPDATE 15/04/2014

Cobra847

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to rephrase that. I'm English and couldn't understand a word of it.

I'm guessing he wants to know if it will be released by end of April or not?

Rest I have no clue about.

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

It seems more like he is saying that the Mig-21 would have been released at the end at March 30th, if there wasn't the team disagrement and if it would come out before the end of April.

Probably because it seemed that work was halted for one month while the team tried to sort out the trubble they had.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

We have plenty of time to enjoy 1.2.8,

I dont recall anyone saying the MIG-21 Will be released with 1.2.8 or immediately after.

I recall seeing something along the lines of MIG-21 Being Coded for 1.2.8...

patience people.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

patience people.

Patience is all we ever have. The implicit question now is if 1.2.8 is or was the target version for release.

According to Wikipedia, the first flight of a Saturn V occured on the 9th of November (1967)... We still have plenty of time until then. (If that is what one is supposed to take from the images ;))

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

I think everyone here (for the most part) has been pretty patient indeed, I suppose it is just frustrating on some levels to understand that release is "very soon" but not really know what that means anymore.

Hopefully we get it soon, all the updates and dev posts we have gotten lately have indicated that the project is at it's final stages, I suppose it would just help to know where that puts us now that 1.2.8 is actually out as opposed to kinda sitting in limbo and hoping we won't get told that we now have to wait until 1.2.9 or even 1.3.0.

I suppose that I am just saying that for all the talk about us being terrible people, impatient and childlike, there has been a great deal of patience and on top of that, the vast majority of regular posters here are very supportive of the developers, still, some eagerness and anticipation is to be expected.

The MiG-21's target platform is 1.2.8. Yes; we are in the very final stages. (<45 days)

We really really really don't want to give you a 100% date unless we know 100% we can keep it.

We want you to have confidence in the dates we give you now and in the future; otherwise they are just empty words.

-Rudel- has been scaring us with his mental health for quite a while.

He counts his rivets; so he has likely already fallen of the map of sanity. :D

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I think everyone here (for the most part) has been pretty patient indeed, I suppose it is just frustrating on some levels to understand that release is "very soon" but not really know what that means anymore.

Hopefully we get it soon, all the updates and dev posts we have gotten lately have indicated that the project is at it's final stages, I suppose it would just help to know where that puts us now that 1.2.8 is actually out as opposed to kinda sitting in limbo and hoping we won't get told that we now have to wait until 1.2.9 or even 1.3.0.

I suppose that I am just saying that for all the talk about us being terrible people, impatient and childlike, there has been a great deal of patience and on top of that, the vast majority of regular posters here are very supportive of the developers, still, some eagerness and anticipation is to be expected.

Well said Mike. I am not trying to bash the team at all myself either, but I have bitten my tongue a lot lately and overall have been considerate and understanding. I feel sometimes coming to these forums to ask about releases and or statuses is like a sin and a no-no. I know we are not entitled, but isn't there something to be said about building up and keeping the hype and energy going so that it draws in potential fans that aren't aware and grows the customer base?

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

The weather outside has been so nice lately that currently I really don´t care too much anymore ;)

Rivet counting can be very exhausting, I know that from my own experience.

Raven is right, but it´s an ever present problem/conflict around here. Some just ask out of curiosity, others are all over the place because something is perceived as "wrong". However, a lot of media has been made public recently, lots of updates etc...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

However, a lot of media has been made public recently, lots of updates etc...

Very true and that's the other side of the coin that makes me drink a tall glass of STHU!! LOL!!

The weather outside has been so nice lately

Weather not so good here. We have tornado watches out the wazzoo!

Edited by Raven68

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

My best wishes for Leatherneck Simulations. Thank you guys for all you are doing and I look forward with much anticipation for the Mig 21 and your future modules. I wish you the best of luck, no matter how long it takes. Thanks guys.