DCS-World FC3 Su27 and Su33 “skin texture flickering” issue.

Wine

Hi,

We first noticed that parts of the skin textures on the su27 are flickering when the aircraft is in a distance and would like the know if this is a bug that can be fixed.

The flickering on the Su27 occurs on the left wing flap, the right wing aileron, parts of the right wing, parts on the fuselage, both engines and both horizontal elevators. ( the skin parts turn black on and off )

We also see the same flickering effect on the Su33.

The flickering occurs on the left wing aileron, the left canard wing, the right wing, the right horizontal elevator. ( the skin parts turn black on and off )

A series of tests flights with the flyable aircrafts, Su25, Mig29, F15 and P51 were done with the same mission and there was no texture flickering effect visible.

My DCS 1.2.7 ( also DCS 1.2.8 open Beta ) Graphics settings:

HIGH, and not used any modified setting in the graphics.lua file.

MSAA 8x, HDR Warm Colors.

Disable Aero Interface V, Tree Shadows -, VSYNC -, Full Screen -, Cockpit shadows V, TSSAA V, Auto Detect Oculs Rift V.

My system specs:

i7 920 2,66 GHz

16 GB RAM

NVidia GTX 570 3GB

A short video 1280x720 HD is created to show the flickering of the textures, please check: DCS Su27 and Su33 Skin Flickering

Maybe the E.D. testers team / you can perform a test with the Su27 / Su33 and give us feedback. That would be much appreciated !

Wine, Tango.

I dunno about anyone else, but it looks like a Texture MipMap issue?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs