OT: I broke the law of flight sim groups..

hitman

this movies kinda cool, but...uh..since when do bombs have motors that act like short range missiles? Jesical Biel has some pretty cool bazookas and that flight suit look makes her look like shes got a decent wedgie goin on and a butt that wont quit :icon_butt:icon_anal:icon_anal:icon_anal:icon_anal:icon_anal:icon_anal:icon_anal:icon_anal

Jessica Biel is the high point of the whole moovie. Entertaining but still full of horse manure in what concerns aviation. The flight leader even had an MFD just to show her face in his cockpit LOL.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

what we said about the realism of the movie says it all. ;)

My PC specs below:

WTF!! LOL nice photoshop...

My PC specs below:

That because you have never seen "chevaliers du ciel". Im still trying to explain their chioce of soundtracks as well.

You cant escape it, 90% of the aviation movies out there sux. 100% have tons of BS.

My PC specs below:

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN

anyone got any more info on that french movie with the mirage's in it ?

not sure of the name but it looked as tho it had some cool flight footage in it....

is that the one you are on about Pilotasso ?

I just spoke of it^^^^

heres a transcript of another thread I posted on:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW the Moovie, "Les chevaliers du Ciel" is on Cinema theaters here. I went to see and...what a disapointment!

The moovie has the right atmosphere but they porked it with a bad argument. Worse even, I could have ignored all that if they hadnt accelerated the speed of air combat footage. Youll see everything in fast forward. Realy realy sad. Because that was some of the most impressive AA footage ver seen anywhere but it was so fast that I had to re-run all the scenes witht hose residual frames still in my retina to figure what the hell has hapened just before! LOL

And theres of course the usual hollywood BS they put in for mass audiences, not even Luke skywalker with all his powers of the force could accomplish! Hardly a real pilots reggs manual. (it would get you killed with style though)

**************Spoiler*************************

The movie starts with a highly stylish intro wich makes all military aviation lunatics drool. Visualy it is Awsome. The french re not begginers with aviation movies or series. They used to make lots. And that transpires here, in both aestetics and atmosphere.

The plot starts with a kidnap of a Mirage 2000 pilot at the farnborough airshow. Somehow terrorists infiltrate a van into the perimiter of the base, take the pilot, shoot him and send some agent to his place. meanwhile the moovie shows the conflict of interests between the americans to sell the F-16 and the french sell the Mirage 2000.

"The F-16 is only slightly slower than the mirage"

"mais cette diference cest le diference entre la vie et la mort monsieur" (I had a bit of a laugh right here)

It is then proposed a cannon ball competition between the 2 types to win the contract. Now that would be an interesting Story. But instead, the plot rapidly swiches back to the terrorist track (cuting my erection completely LOL) and the mirage flees with the agent inside. The movie then introduces the main charaters. 2 bad ass pilots of the french airforce(here as "le mavrike" and "Gooseux"), who in a stunning show of reflexes, find the renegade mirage and shoot it down with guns at the exact moment it fires a missile (missile blows still on the mirages rack LOL). This aparently upsets people from the defense ministry because the poor terrorist was flying a demo mirage wich at the time was technicaly considered to be a civilian plane.

Then the story introduces 3 hot women, 2 of them are smart ass exchange pilots (wich constantly taunt our heroes) and the other from the defense ministry (LOL, Kelly McGillis step aside!), a conspiracy to get "le mavrike" and "Gooseux" fired, a love afair between "mavrike" and one of the babes ( Guess wich one!^^^^).

Somehow the pilots get their jobs back (have to see it again on AVI to get that part right ROFL)

Guess what, the Terrorists manage to get their hands on more mirages as the heroes and the babe pilots are left without tanker support on a training mission and have no choice but to land at a libyan airbase filled with american mercenaries (at this time I said...whoa, can you run that again for me?!) R.O.F.L. !!!

It getts better: The "chief american mercenary" sends a camel rider to the front seat of one mirage 2000 D so he could have a crash course on flying it from the french Tom cruise!! Thats right, this was that classic mistake that bad guys do just before they get creamed. The french pilot ejects his captive, shoots a fuel truck with an IR AA missile (matra magic), lands the plane, has time to pick up his wingman "gooseux" into the vacant rear seat (gone remenber?! no rear canopy no nothing!!!) and off they go back to france (now they didnt need a tanker ROFL)

But the mercenaries are left with a mirage . It turns out one of the babe pilots cuties was actualy an enemy agent. So they repainted that mirage in 24 hours and send it somehow to france, merging with others during the national celebration day show over the champs elisees.

While "le toim cruisex" watches TV he somehow figures out the politicians tent is the target, and rush to blow the blonde outa da sky. She ejects and flees with those who hired her...

THE END...yes already...confusing wasnt it?

P.S. I had a blast writing this story...for those who didnt get it:

"mavrike" AKA french version of Maverik as I had put it.

"gooseux" AKA goose, here not as RIO but as his wingman (duh)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

^^^^

I slept during some pats of the movie (I was slighly intoxicated that night) so the story I tell above has a few parts slightly off context, but it gives you a good idea wat to expect from it.

My PC specs below:

I think the best Hollywood aviation movie (or at least the one with the least BS) would be Air Force One. Sure, some parts were sketchy but at least they got most of the F-15 stuff right.

Are you serious?!icon10.gif

It had about 3 mins of aviation action...Like an F-15 manuevering into a heat seeker?!!

And as a "foreigner" I think it was a bit too nationalistic driven. And the bad guys are the "usual culprits".

It had a couple of good actors but thats it. To me it was a notoriously bad movie for them.

My PC specs below:

Are you serious?!icon10.gif

It had about 3 mins of aviation action...Like an F-15 manuevering into a heat seeker?!!

And as a "foreigner" I think it was a bit too nationalistic driven. And the bad guys are the "usual culprits".

It had a couple of good actors but thats it. To me it was a notoriously bad movie for them.

Well, the F-15 pilots also called "Fox 3" for their BVR AMRAAM shots (and they actually were AMRAAMs). AMRAAMs also missed, which is unusual to see in a Hollywood movie. Air Force One also dispensed flares when attacked by a heat-seeker (looked like an Aphid, not sure).

So yeah, I think in terms of jet fighters, Air Force one had the least BS. There wasn't anything terribly unrealistic with the F-15s, except for the one F-15 that sacrificed itself to save Air Force One, which can be attributed to pilot skill.

sigzk5.jpg