OT: I broke the law of flight sim groups..

hitman

Anyone remember a 'made for TV film' called ''By Dawns Early Light''.

This seemed a lot more realistic than the usual dross.

Plot Synopsis

This made for TV movie depicts what may have transpired during the Cold War era if there were to have been an armed conflict. The story is actually quite well done, with two plots running simultaneously. The first centres around a B52 bomber crew from the Strategic Air Command ( SAC ) who are tasked with the release of strategic nuclear warheads should the order to attack the USSR be given. The second plot follows the actions of the US government whilst it reacts to a nuclear confrontation with the USSR and how the US government tries to desperately defuse the escalating situation. I found this movie to be a little dated by today's standards, but overall I was still entertained by it. Whether or not this is how things would have panned out in the event of a nuclear confrontation between the two superpowers is open to debate.

[Cut and paste from:]

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Reviews/Reviews.asp?ID=6331

Read to bother hands their on time much too with people only that bit little the.

Guest IguanaKing
Anyone remember a 'made for TV film' called ''By Dawns Early Light''.

This seemed a lot more realistic than the usual dross.

I have this one on DVD. Its plot is based on the 1960's film called "Fail Safe". That one had a B-58 instead of a B-52 in it.

For technical accuracy, I didn't think "Flight of the Intruder" was too bad.

I have this one on DVD. Its plot is based on the 1960's film called "Fail Safe". That one had a B-58 instead of a B-52 in it.

For technical accuracy, I didn't think "Flight of the Intruder" was too bad.

"Flight of the intruder" was meant to be more down to earth wich explains how better it is to the average of aviation movies.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

"FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDER"was that a David Brown novel?If so,I think I remember it,was it something along the lines of" FIREFOX"were one side steals the other sides topsecret fighter jet?

No, no, it was based after real history, more precisely about north vietnam operations at the north of the country (wich ROE firbided attacks there). It Starred the guy who played green goblin in "Spyder man" and terrorist guy in "speed2".

Here he plays as an excentric A-6 intruder pilot who is a bit off his mind and has a bit of an authority problem and decides to take the war on his own reigns taking with him a rather reluctant less experienced noob weapons officer.

My PC specs below:

Actors name you'd be looking for was Willem Dafoe, cool guy. As far as good footage in a film (though mildly unrealistic) I enjoyed the F-14's tangling with the Japanese Zero's in Final Countdown. :cool:

Service Before Self

Fedeltier (Fuselier Forever)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i<3 Independance Day! I dont care how many tires you can light on fire or how many sustained internal bleedings you can get and die from with perfectly good doctors in white lab coats sitting next to you watchin you bleed to death...Will Smith kicks alien ass like none other.

As far as realism movies go, Intruder is one of my all-time favorites too, even though Willem Dafoe played a gay detective in boondock saints...Ill never see him as the B/N in truder ever again!

FYI Flight of the Intruder was written by Dean Koontz.

i<3 Independance Day! I dont care how many tires you can light on fire or how many sustained internal bleedings you can get and die from with perfectly good doctors in white lab coats sitting next to you watchin you bleed to death...Will Smith kicks alien ass like none other.

^^^^its not an aviation movie. Its a Sci-fi one. You could as well as replace those hornets by X-wings :)

My PC specs below:

No, no, it was based after real history, more precisely about north vietnam operations at the north of the country (wich ROE firbided attacks there). It Starred the guy who played green goblin in "Spyder man" and terrorist guy in "speed2".

Here he plays as an excentric A-6 intruder pilot who is a bit off his mind and has a bit of an authority problem and decides to take the war on his own reigns taking with him a rather reluctant less experienced noob weapons officer.

O.K.Thanks for the clarification.......I do remember that one......wasn't that the one where they say"WE'RE GO'IN DOWNTOWN":icon_supe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest IguanaKing

It was the other way around...the pilot, who wasn't necessarily a noob, was not played by Willem Dafoe. That was Brad Johnson. Willem Dafoe was the B/N, who was on his third combat tour.

Guest IguanaKing
O.K.Thanks for the clarification.......I do remember that one......wasn't that the one where they say"WE'RE GO'IN DOWNTOWN":icon_supe

Badaboom, you mentioned David Brown. I think what you might be thinking was Dale Brown, who was the author of Flight of the Old Dog. It would have kicked ass to see that one made into a movie. :icon_supe

Nononono

FYI Flight of the Intruder was written by Dean Koontz.

Juuuuust a bit off there, Hitman. It is Stephen Coonts - another aviation writer.

I wonder why no one has mentioned the "T-word" - yes, Top Gun. That turned me from a full blooded propellerhead to a F14-kinda-guy back in the 80's.

And I'm NOT going into the whole business about the... "realistic" combat scenes - and most CERTAINLY not going into the stuff about the claims that the whole movie actually has a lot of hidden homosexual references (but se the movie again and look at Val and really listen to the dialouge. It is kind of funny, if you put the pink glasses on) :)

ice-mav2.gif.b286a794ad8ad7dad484677259187ee6.gif

25054.jpg.e073a930716990a3d67eeffa6a7c2a62.jpg

Yeah, the "oonts" was spot on ;)

Hehe. That's a fecking funny movie - a must see for all us fighter pilots trying to get on each others "tail" to "fire the missile" :o

I think I'll drop the planes and take up chess.

OH NO. Then the Queen is the best piece ;)

I'll stick to LOMAC

It's not a movie, but what about JAG... that's a class of it's own..

Once Harm steels a MiG-29 and someone asks if he's gonna be able to fly that plane.. and it's nicely explained how offcourse he can fly that plane, that's just a copycat of the F-14 he use to fly :D

And than theres the time when his wingman's engines fail, but he safely pushes him home with his nose :rolleyes:

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

Guest IguanaKing

Actually, the push home WAS successfully (well almost) accomplished in 1967 by Bob Pardo in an F-4 over North VietNam. His wingman was hit and losing fuel rapidly. Pardo had his wingman lower his tail-hook and he slid the front end of his windscreen up against it and gave him that extra boost he needed to get to Laos so he could bail out and have a good chance of being rescued. I had a beer with Bob a few years ago when he was flying Lear 35s out of the airport I work at. :icon_jook