Problem Reinstalling

Csmag

When I uninstalled lockon 1.12 do do a fresh install of the game I ran into a problem: when I try to reinstall version 1.0 from its original cd I says I still need to uninstall the game so when I try to unistall the game from the cds autorun I get an error message:untitled1aa.png

Even though I uninstalled the game my computer still tells me that it is installed and when i go to uninstall it I get the error message above^ can any one please help me?

<i7 2600k | 2x HD6950 | 8GB DDR3 | Crucial m4 64GB>

Well you could buy a new computer and get a fresh start.... :) or

How comfortable are you playing in the Registry? For whatever reason, the registry keys associated with the sim were not removed. SO upon trying to reinstall, the software looks at the registry, see that it's installed and stops.

Quick solution: 1) From your Desktop, click the START button and select RUN. Type regedit . Click OKAY. Click on CURRENT USER. Click on SOFTWARE. Scroll down to Ubisoft and highlight it. Right click and in the context menu that opens, select EXPORT. Give the file a name that you'll recognize and save it somewhere that you can find it again. (You are exporting a backup of that registry key in case you screw something up and have to start over.)

Now highlight Ubisoft again and right click. Select DELETE from the context menu that opens. Close the registry editor.

If you see a key for Eagle Dynamics, give it the same export/delete treatment. But I don't think you will. My ED key is a subkey of the Ubisoft key. So taking care of Ubisoft gets rid of ED as well.

Open Windows Explorer. Go to where you had the sim installed and delete any files that were left over. Install your software. You should be all set.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.