DCS 1.2.8 Mi-8MTV2 SAR Competition (SAR Pilots training)

SAR mission tested

2ALL

SAR Competition mission fully tested at MP. Embarking/Disembarking F7 menu WORKS!!! Thanks to Cibit!!! He tested Flights 59,60 as Client and everything fine.

Download SAR Competition TEST mission file and make some training flights using Flights 58, 59, 60. Helicopters have PARKING HOT state. My suggestion - make flight planing when you inside Helicopter F10 map option. Please, remember about 6 degrees Magnetic Variation. If on the map you have Course 140 degrees, in Cockpit use 140 - 6 (MagVar) = 134 degrees.

For training you must find following SAR LZ:

Flight 58 - (58 ) 42 17 05 N / 041 52 56 E

Flight 59 - (59) 42 20 22 N / 041 54 27 E

Flight 60 - (60) 42 14 33 N / 041 54 04 E

As soon as you ready inform me and we arrange competition day and time!

You must have DCS World 1.2.8!

Mission file: https://www.mediafire.com/?kx3d3rykf5a81vd

Edited by airwar

2 ALL

I propose to hold SAR Pilots competition at 10.00 am (GMT) Sunday, May 4, 2014. Mission duration 1 hour 30 min maximum. We have pilots from Japan, Europe and US with the different time zones.

Please check your local time:

Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) - http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/world-clock/

I will provide DCSW HOST and TS3 server.

Edited by airwar

I suggest to try to find two hours during 17th May (Saturday) that is suitable for at least 3 of us. Should you participate please define the hours between 9 am and 17 pm (GMT) that are NOT good for you. I hope some free hours will remain.

17th May, 9.00 AM - 17.00 PM (GMT) good time for me :thumbup:

Just keep in mind, that this mission was designed as competition. I could do my part as a TOWER only if you joying the mission at the same time. Please, agree start time with other pilots!!!

Edited by airwar

17th May, 9.00 AM - 17.00 PM (GMT) good time for me :thumbup:

Just keep in mind, that this mission was designed as competition. I could do my part as a TOWER only if you joying the mission at the same time. Please, agree start time with other pilots!!!

RL work permiting.. Im OK with it

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

I'd love to do this but I just started flying the HIP and I have no idea how to navigate with it yet. I'm just now able to fly it decently without crashing.

HIP?

I'm with you but since I got my rudder pedals everything seems to be just a breeze to learn! I can't promise I'll make it but I'll give it a shot sign me up. I'll start testing the mission now. Haven't even started the campaign yet. But I've been practicing lately.

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

Hi Alex perhaps it would be useful to have a practise session to help anyone not up to speed with the navigation aspects of the Hip:)

Good Idea to make navigation practice/training session. Cibit, would be great if you with you English explain and show some navigation technique and flight planing methods to another pilots! :thumbup:

Edited by airwar