Helios question for A10C and BS2

I have been using the Helios software for the A10 for awhile and recently I started to use Capt Z's profile for the BS2.

It seems that to get the profile to run for each sim that before I start the sim (either A10 or BS), I first have to run the Helios setup for the particular game which setup seems to modify the Export file in the Saved games folder. So if I play A10, I first have to run the A10/Helios setup and then everything works. If I then want to play BS2, I have to again run the BS/Helios setup to get everything to work. Is this correct?

BTW, the above does not have any effect on my BMS Helios profile.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Is this correct?

I may not be the best guy to answer this, but... when I open helios it asks me what profile to run. I only use one for the A10C, but if I used one for another plane / version /game I'm assuming I'd have to change profiles for the aircraft. Also, if I open DCS and run A10C, without opening helios first, it's just not there...

I think you might be doing it right, but I really am a neophyte when it comes to this... ( read unschooled newbe ) :cry: Good luck!

Edited by Picksplitter

Acer AMD Phenom II x 4 840T, 16 gb. memory, Zotac GTX580 Amp2 3GB, 40" Philips tv, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Combat Rudders , Cougar MFCD's w/ 21.5" LG monitor, DSD Track Master button box, 3rd. century Roman field comanders helmet w/ Track IR 5, Windows 7 Home P.

“God is a comedian, playing to an audience that's afraid to laugh.”... Voltaire

"Diplomacy is the practiced art of being able to confidently say 'nice doggie' until you find a rock" ... Tom Clancy

Hello.

You dont need todo that all the times. You only need to use a export.lua that work with the two simulators at the same time.

I am using one from this forum. I am not at home now, so i cant sendit toyou, but just make a search looking for something like "a10c and ka50 helios at the same time" and you can find it fast.

Anyway as soon i arrive at home i can post it.

I have been using the Helios software for the A10 for awhile and recently I started to use Capt Z's profile for the BS2.

It seems that to get the profile to run for each sim that before I start the sim (either A10 or BS), I first have to run the Helios setup for the particular game which setup seems to modify the Export file in the Saved games folder. So if I play A10, I first have to run the A10/Helios setup and then everything works. If I then want to play BS2, I have to again run the BS/Helios setup to get everything to work. Is this correct?

BTW, the above does not have any effect on my BMS Helios profile.

Apparently you crossposted exactly the same question in mr. Zeens thread about his excellent Helios profile, check-out the answer there!

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=122629

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

Tietze

Yes I did cross post as I wasn't sure if it would get read with only one post. Sorry if I caused a problem. Also sorry that I didn't search for an answer before I posted but I had not previously read about this issue. Nevertheless, I tried the suggested export file and still no joy. This is no big deal as now I know what to do. However, I have no idea why the dual export file works for some and not for me. Oh well.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Tietze

Yes I did cross post as I wasn't sure if it would get read with only one post. Sorry if I caused a problem. Also sorry that I didn't search for an answer before I posted but I had not previously read about this issue. Nevertheless, I tried the suggested export file and still no joy. This is no big deal as now I know what to do. However, I have no idea why the dual export file works for some and not for me. Oh well.

I guess no problems caused and sorry for acting as forum-policeman!

I have it working here, and currently I have renamed Loophole's script to HELIOS.lua and then it is called from Export.lua. Both placed in ...\Saved Games\Scripts.

My Export lua looks like this, but I have commented TARS and TACView out (also attached):

-- This is an export stub generated by the TARS Control Panel.
-- The old Export file is now located in $DCSINSTALLDIR/Scripts/Export.lua

local default_output_file = nil

function LuaExportStart()
end

function LuaExportBeforeNextFrame()
end

function LuaExportAfterNextFrame()
end

function LuaExportStop()
   if default_output_file then
	  default_output_file:close()
	  default_output_file = nil
   end
end

function LuaExportActivityNextEvent(t)
	local tNext = t
	return tNext
end

-- Combined A-10C and KA-50 HELIOS export script by Loophole.
-- Thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=97222
dofile(lfs.writedir()..'Scripts\\HELIOS.lua')

-- TACView export script
--local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewExportDCS.lua')

-- TARS export script
--dofile(lfs.writedir().."Scripts\\TARSExport.lua")

Export.zip

TacviewExportDCS.zip

TARSExport.zip

Edited by tietze
  • Like 1

Tietz

OK. I will try this later. But one question. In the Helios profile editor, do I associate each game with this file or do I just load the profile in the Helios control panel and go right into the game?

I have it working here, and currently I have renamed Loophole's script to HELIOS.lua and then it is called from Export.lua. Both placed in ...\Saved Games\Scripts.

My Export lua looks like this, but I have commented TARS and TACView out (also attached):

Nicely organized. Thanks.

One small issue though, your zip did not include the TARS and TACView scripts.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Tietz

OK. I will try this later. But one question. In the Helios profile editor, do I associate each game with this file or do I just load the profile in the Helios control panel and go right into the game?

When you have installed the script manually don't use the setup button from Helios Profile Editor, as it will overwrite it. Just fire up the profile from the control center.

Nicely organized. Thanks.

One small issue though, your zip did not include the TARS and TACView scripts.

Ok, included them, but both TARS and TACView already installs separate scripts as I recall it and will need other files installed as well.

Ok, included them, but both TARS and TACView already installs separate scripts as I recall it and will need other files installed as well.

Thanks. I just wanted them for reference. Evolving my setup with the changes over the past three years gives me fits some times.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Tietze

At this point I am ready to just give up. I installed the suggested export.lua and helios.lua files and now the first 6 items in the game menu will not highlight and when I press instant action even though it is not highlighted, nothing happens in the game and the helios profile disappears on the second screen. If I don't load the helios profile, everything is ok. I tried deleting the two new files and going back to an earlier export file, but the same result occurred.

Tietze

At this point I am ready to just give up. I installed the suggested export.lua and helios.lua files and now the first 6 items in the game menu will not highlight and when I press instant action even though it is not highlighted, nothing happens in the game and the helios profile disappears on the second screen. If I don't load the helios profile, everything is ok. I tried deleting the two new files and going back to an earlier export file, but the same result occurred.

Ok, that sounds quite strange, but don't give up just yet!

It sounds like something happens when you activate the profile with Helios Control Center. Maybe it is something with the profile that makes you unable to click the menus? If using Capt. Zeen's profile, maybe try out another profile? You could also try to download it again, reset monitors, and then save the profile.

What version of Helios are you using? (Helios Profile Editor -> Help -> About) Latest version is 1.3.190.448, available from gadrocsworkshop.com.