How do I get TM warthog throttle switches recognised is 1.2.8

Hi guys, previously I have used profiles downloaded from here to get my Warthog working with no issues in DCS World, sadly with 1.2.8 these profiles will no longer load, so I have tried to make my own in game.

However the switches on my Throttle are only being recognised as a 2 way or single switch, which means I'm losing a lot of capability. E.g. Previously my flap switch had 3 commands programmed to it, now it will only allow 2 ( middle switch dosnt work ), or If I move a switch up to turn something on, I then have to move it down and up again to turn something off.

Is there a script or special way I need to get these switches recognised so I can use the switch as intended, up = on / down = off.

Has anyone managed to get profiles made or updated that work with 1.2.8?

I'm trying to do ones for P51 / MI8 / Blackshark and Huey but seem to be struggling at first hurdle. I would prefere to have the profiles in game so I don't need to change the joystick profile every time I change aircraft.

Hope this makes sense and someone understands what I mean.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Hmmm hadn't thought about other aircraft and the TM Warthog, been using the A-10C for which the Warthog is plug & play in DCSW.

The switch bindings in DCSW have a limitation when the LUA files are created. Let's consider the FLAP switch. It is a 3 position (ON-OFF-ON) switch . The actual switch makes contact (consider it as button pushes) in the up and down positions only. When a switch or button makes an electrical connection a unique value will be sent to the sim's software via LUA script. The problem is that no LUA script will be created when a connection is broken such as in the case of the Flap switch when put in the middle "OFF" position.

So, one way to deal with this is by modifying the LUA script for the aircraft in question. What you do is to write a LUA statement that will send a value to the sim software when a connection is broken. I believe the LUA files you would alter would be in your Saved games folder inside your User Name folder for the particular aircraft you want to alter the LUA files for.

Tigershark has some very good videos on how to do this, here http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=65998. If you go to the last post in this thread and back a few there is a good example (post 285) that shows the current LUA code that deals with switches and buttons and how to alter it (I think the video was from the beta era of DCS A-10C & the LUA code looks different from how it is now).

This is one way to do it without loading any profiles from another software.

:pilotfly:

Edited by CubPilot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win7 Pro 64 | Asus Rampage III Extreme |Swiftech H2O cooled: CPU, Video, N. Bridge | i7 980X EE @4.5GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @1726 MHZ | AMD R9 290X 4GB DDR5 +EK H2O block+Backplate | BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 @144Hz | Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | 2 - Samsung HD 1TB | Pinoeer BD-RW | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 PCIe Audio | CoolerMaster Haf-X case | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 760W PS | HOTAS Cougar w/Evenstrain Mod | HOTAS Warthog | TM RCS Rudders + Mods | TM MFD's w/monitors | TrackIR5