Friday April 25, 2014 Development Update – Taking Flight

luthier1

I remember you being one of the people confronting this issue a lot. All this has been talked about before, so I´m not gonna jump on this particular merry-go-round.

This is definitely not the place to show any displeasure with the conduct of RRG.

This is their forum. By definition it should be THE place. I´m simply using it to voice my opinion because under the current circumstances I want it to be heard.

Anyway, I don´t expect this to make any difference, but as I stated them my expectations are in no way set to high. Period.

What´s kinda sad is that after many cool updates I feel such disappointment again because Ron is right, although it probably takes more than 30 min to prepare an update (depending on its content). What you state conforms precisely to the guidelines that KS has established for appropriate dev behaviour after a project has been funded.

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is their forum. By definition it should be THE place. I´m simply using it to voice my opinion because under the current circumstances I want it to be heard.

Anyway, I don´t expect this to make any difference.

Hold on to that thought.

Now that your displeasure 'has' been heard hopefully the matter can rest? unless of course repetition of voiced displeasure is expected to make a difference?

I hope nobody objects to this, simply my honest opinion and I really wanted it to be heard.

It should make a difference. Can you not see a valid point in this at all? Or better: Why is it important to conceal any and all discontent?

I´m actually expecting lots of interesting news and releases in the near future. Nevertheless, until then I take issue with what´s (not) going on in this particular forum section.

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

meanwhile I will take issue with folks trying to make the wait as unpleasant as possible.

How are folks asking for a bone now and then making your wait unpleasant??:huh:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

We are all here waiting for a 'bone' we don't all yap on about it.

If folks that are asking, and particularly the ones that have contributed to KS, then let them ask. If they get a response from the developers then more power to them. If they dont then let it be.

• Like 1

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

A 'valid' point?........no

I'm expecting news when there is news to give, meanwhile I will take issue with folks trying to make the wait as unpleasant as possible.

mh, well there clearly is news to give...and even if its only about the outcome of the "monday" meeting a month ago...

but if you dont expect any news, and when the yaps and the wait are soo unpleasent for you, then what are you doing here every day?

interesting is, that luthier was here on the boards yesterday for about ten minutes and then left again...

• Like 2

I'm not here every day, but on any day I chose to be here there is always the same people trying to remind us all that they are very unhappy and using the same old script that they 'don't have faith in Luthier blah blah', 'don't expect much blah blah', ' other developers blah blah', 'kickstarter promised blah blah'

A 'valid' point?........no

I'm expecting news when there is news to give, meanwhile I will take issue with folks trying to make the wait as unpleasant as possible.

Hold on to that thought.

I´m just gonna skip over your subtle attempts to provoke me.

Simply claiming that a certain opinion isn´t valid just because it contradicts your own doesn´t exactly prove a point.

Please, my initial criticism was specific, (more or less) constructive and it isn´t aimed towards you personally, so why does it aggravate you so much?

If you want to criticize the point I was trying to make, then refer to either the conditions stated with the KS-campaign or the FAQ which I mentioned both.

Otherwise, let´s better just agree to disagree.

I'm not here every day, but on any day I chose to be here there is always the same people trying to remind us all that they are very unhappy and using the same old script that they 'don't have faith in Luthier blah blah', 'don't expect much blah blah', ' other developers blah blah', 'kickstarter promised blah blah'

Please, I invite you to read through my posts and see if their tenor is as you described. Additionally, I have explicitly stated at multiple occasions that such criticism isn´t equal to a lack of faith in the dev´s work and talent.

Let´s not get carried away with this.

Edited by upupandaway

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Oh yes, I forgot 'constructive', because without the complaining it's very likely everyone here will forget what we are waiting for, it's simply not possible for software to develop to conclusion without constant forum complaining.

My apologies, thanks for your dedicated service.

• Like 1

Wow, you just won´t stop.

Did you read the part where it said that I´d be happy with any kind of "apologetic" update (even if it says "too busy translating manual") before going on a rampage?

And please spare me your sarcasm - it too obvious that at this point you are just trying to insult me. I´m done with this.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

We are all here waiting for a 'bone' we don't all yap on about it.

Get down from your ivory tower already. When we pledged money, one of the things they promised us was weekly updates. How about I sell you something and complain about you "yapping" when it is I who obviously don't live up to my part of the bargain?

• Like 1

Indeed. I was just outside painting some parts for my pit. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

hehe how far away from the house did you manage? :P

At least 25ft. :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Does the recent activity of Groove, with his much appreciated work, granting access to the backers forum for the ones left behind, signal an unexpected and appreciated final step towards alpha access? Could it be that they didn't want to grant alpha until all the backers rewards were finally resolved and we are so close?

Or am I reading too much into things and starting to suffer some form of internet mania? Should I slump back down into internet depression?

Good Grief

Does the recent activity of Groove, with his much appreciated work, granting access to the backers forum for the ones left behind, signal an unexpected and appreciated final step towards alpha access? Could it be that they didn't want to grant alpha until all the backers rewards were finally resolved and we are so close?

Or am I reading too much into things and starting to suffer some form of internet mania? Should I slump back down into internet depression?

The latter, I am sure. ;)

Only posted a couple times, really just hang out waiting for updates. Not sure what is taking so long. Personally not too worried yet, but it would be nice to hear something.

In the meantime, flying the P51, enjoying that. Just guessing that life got in the way, and we will get a good update soon!

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).