*MERLIN* can you help....?

Hi, you helped me a couple weeks back, with a thread i posted , PLEASE HELP A NEWBIE...

I stated that I was haveing problems learning the game and how to play....

You told me to make a basic take-off mission, and learn to take off and land... I wasn't sure how to make it, so you made one for me, all i had to do is install it into the folder...

That was the best advice I have ever had!!! I have been useing that mission since then learning to take off and land, without being shot at and such...

I think I am ready to move on now, to something that might be the next step...

I was wondering if you could help me...???;)

Could you make me another mission...????;)

I would greatly appriciate it!!!! and forever owe you one...

If you could, just make what ever you think I should learn next, after takeing off and landing....maybe a target or somthing???following a flight plan???? Just make what ever you think... If you could....:redface:

If you do, It was the at10 that you made the other one for,I really like that plane alot...

well, let me know.... thanks either way for helping me learn!!!!:icon_supe

GOOD DAY!!!!!

Hey I'm no Merlin , althought my G/F tells me I can be quite "magical" at times :biggrin:

but check out lockonfiles.com , many missions to download , be sure to get those for the proper version you are running .

Have fun

[sIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/madmaxx69/LOMAC/Rykesig1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

Savage 77th , http://s77th.com

|Core i7 920|Asus P6T Deluxe V2|GTX 285|9600GT-OC|6G DDR3|Softh on 3x22"CRTs|Tir2|yeahIsaidTir2|X-45|Haf 932|Vista Ultimate 64|

Making basic missions is really easy once you understand the editor so I suggest that you learn the editor, it's not hard at all.

1. Start the editor and press the ok button when the coalition window appear.

2. Select the aircraft button to the left

3. Choose a point on the map put the pointer over it and press the left mouse button, choose another point and press the left button there. This makes the aircraft go from point 1 to point 2.

4. Choose the aircraft type, speed, altitude, loadout, AI or player contol etc. with the controlls to the right.

5. Set up an enemy flight/ground unit in the same way as you set up your fligth, but select a country that is not in the same coalition as you.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

i think there is no our opinion what do you have to learn next. you tell us what do YOU want to learn. there is a lot of thing you have to learn 'bout the A-10. maybe you want to know how to use IR A2G missles or how to bomb with unguided bombs?

but i'm sure there will be some kind of mission made for you :)

tactikal,

Why not just start with the training missions and go through each one of them? I have just picked up lomac myself (though I have owned many flight simulators) and I find the TMs just great. The A10 missions are especially good since they have voice-over tracks. Keep going over a mission until you understand what's going on then break out of it (CTRL-Q) and fly it yourself until you can do it just like the instructor. I'm having a ball doing that and learning a ton!

signature.jpg

---------- Click here for details ----------

Abit AV8 MB, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1.5 GB DDR, GeForce 6600GT/256MB AGP,

CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals/Throttle Quad/DT225 Trackball, TIR4

Yeah what snomhf said, have a go at the training missions, then try the quick fly mission on the initial splash screen, then move onto the standalone A-10 missions, then try the A-10 campaign. Then D/L some A-10 stuff from the Community. Then try out some of the other Lockon jets.....

Just remember that after taking control of the aircraft in the training missions that the altitude hold (H) or autopilot(A) may be engaged and you need to switch them off.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

If your are feeling good about basic handling and take-off/landings, I would move on to the A10 training, while reading the manual so you have an idea of what you need to know while flying the mission, let the training track run all the way and then fly it yourself.

If you still want help with some simple missions, let me know what you are looking for and I will gladly help you out, there is alot of good advie for you in this thread as well.

Merlin

thank you all for helping me out .... I apriciate the advice...

AS for the training missions, I origanaly posted about them some time ago... the problem i have is, the instructor in the video is doing so much so fast, i get confused as to what is being done...

Once i get it, i then have tried to take over and do it myself, but as soon as i start trying to do stuff, I forget what to do, what buttons to push, what order... It all becomes very confusing...

I just enjoyed the mission merlin made for me because, it allowed me to focus on 1 thing, taking off and landing, there wasn't anything else to deal with... after a week worth of flying that mission, I can take off and land with my eyes closed... I even started doing touch and goes....

so, I figured it was time for me to learn the next step... that is why i was asking...

So, thanks for all your help, I guess I will go back and try to deal with those training missions again.... thanks...:D

the problem i have is, the instructor in the video is doing so much so fast, i get confused as to what is being done...

Once i get it, i then have tried to take over and do it myself, but as soon as i start trying to do stuff, I forget what to do, what buttons to push, what order... It all becomes very confusing...

you can pause training by pressing the "S" key

if you can't remember what buttons to push, try to write down on to the paper some of them and then one by one use them in some TM

The training missions are good about dealing with only a single concept at a time. I am using the TMs to setup and organize my HOTAS. That's basically a fancy way of writing the commands down on paper as anivanov says.

I also use the "Quick Flights" together with the TMs to practice what I am being taught. The A10 QF is especially good as you get a full loadout of the weapons and there are plenty of targets that won't shoot back at you. You can practice most of what the TMs teach from doing the QFs.

The important thing is to just have fun with it. I learned an important lesson from Falcon 4. I got far too serious about that game (Falcon 4 is WAY more complex than lomac) and it got to where it was no fun and I ended up quitting. I have a much more relaxed attitude about this game.

Wish you the best!

signature.jpg

---------- Click here for details ----------

Abit AV8 MB, AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1.5 GB DDR, GeForce 6600GT/256MB AGP,

CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals/Throttle Quad/DT225 Trackball, TIR4