New Black Shark Pilot

sacrista

Hello,

I have recently bought the sim black shark 2, I think this is an amazing simulation. I have played flaming cliffs 2 before, but the black shark sim seems to be far more realistic.

Now, it is a really tricky simulation, I would like to know the better way to learn. I have followed the training, and followed a few youtube videos. I fast learned how to trim and how to hoover the helicopter but I am a newbie in engaging enemies. For example I started the first campaign but in the second mission when it comes to engage multiple infantry with rockets and cannon I don't know exactly what to do... I tried to hoover in a safe position and fire with cannon first but even if the aim is on the target the cannon is not precise, when I fire the rockets I don't even see them touching the ground. Obviously I am not trained enough in engaging targets. Where I can train this skills?

Thanks,

F.

BTW, sorry for my english.

• Like 1

I would recommend starting with passive opponents, there's one quick-start shooting range mission and another one under the "regular" missions menu. That way you'll reduce the amount of external feedback significantly, dropping your stress level and giving all time in the world to fiddle and experiment. Good luck, keep at it and have fun!

Rather than diving right into the campaign, why don't you set up some very simple missions in the mission editor. Air start, right near a bunch of practice targets... And see how you go.

And then do it over and over to get a feel for the weapons and how they work. It'll also be much easier to post a track of this, rather than of a campaign mission, and it'll help us here in the forums give you tips much more easily.

Good luck!

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I tried to hoover in a safe position and fire with cannon first but even if the aim is on the target the cannon is not precise, when I fire the rockets I don't even see them touching the ground. Obviously I am not trained enough in engaging targets. Where I can train this skills?

At least check two things:

1. Laser should be in standby position (not OFF), target can be locked but it is not strictly necessary. At least be sure that the correct range is measured to target (digits displayed on lower part of shkval).
  2. For rockets you need to set the PPK-8 to the correct setting on the right back panel, just beside the pilot seat. Rockets requires some skill and are not considered precise like the cannon.

Then of course wind will be a factor as well as helicopter movement. Do you use the autopilot to maintain hover?

Please fix the KA-50 bugs :-)

Black Shark: Controller profile & setup, TrackIR profile, pit.

Warthog HOTAS: Lubing the stick and extending the stick.

Posts on howto customize switches in DCS &

Must-have mods for DCS World and KA-50 (mostly JSGME).

Casual couch pilot, watching capped.tv...

hello thanks for the answers,

yes I think starting with the shooting range will be a good idea. I didn't know I can save the track file, I will try it asap.

@tietze, yes I maintain the hoover using autohoover.

Thanks for the replies, I'll start reading the forum as well

I didn't know I can save the track file, I will try it asap.

Just click "save track" at the end of mission screen ;)

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat