DCSW AMD vs nVidia Exhaust View Distance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Any news here?

I just switched from AMD HD7970 to Nvidia GTX970 today.

Now i am not able to spot an Aircraft anymore.

Even simple to spot C130 or An26 for example wich smoked a lot now only show a very light and thin kind of smoke and you have to be very near to see it.

With AMD i spotted the smoke long time before the plane got visible.

Regards, Markuscha

CPU: i7-5820K, 3.3GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UD3 RAM: G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB SSD: Crucial MX200 500GB OS: Win 10 64Bit

Any news here?

I just switched from AMD HD7970 to Nvidia GTX970 today.

Now i am not able to spot an Aircraft anymore.

Even simple to spot C130 or An26 for example wich smoked a lot now only show a very light and thin kind of smoke and you have to be very near to see it.

With AMD i spotted the smoke long time before the plane got visible.

Regards, Markuscha

Is this with DSR?

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

Hi.

Now I know about DSR : )

I did not make any changes to the Nvidia Settings jet.

Will say DSR Factors is set to Off ....

Regards, Markuscha

CPU: i7-5820K, 3.3GHz GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX1080 Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UD3 RAM: G.Skill DDR4-2133 16GB SSD: Crucial MX200 500GB OS: Win 10 64Bit

• 7 months later...

Is there any update with this, are things different in 2.0? Is it DX9 issue? Will 2.0 bring different renders or will it be generally the same?

I know these questions are probably unanswerable at the moment but surely there is some comparison going on somewhere at ED.

I need to buy a new system and the GPU is the stumbling block stopping me, Nvidia is preferred because of the newer tech and the performance with current DCS, but I don't want to be losing renders because of hocus-pocus. Currently my age old common sense nodes are forcing me to sit and wait with a busted system waiting for DCS 2.0 benching.

This is what I see with an AMD HD5850, a friend of mine with an AMD R9 sees this also, Nvidia users I know don't see smoke anywhere near as well or as far as this. What lies beneath this and is it possibly affecting other renders.

Smoke.thumb.jpg.9856e1b9bc83aada10e187fa60aded80.jpg

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org