What is planned immediately after the release?

Zakatak

What is planned immediately after the release?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. What is planned immediately after the release?

• 100% of all focus on fixing bugs with the module
    • Creating a campaign for the MiG-21
    • Adding additional content specifically for the MiG-21 (weapons, liveries, etc)
    • Working on other content for the module like adding opponents for the MiG-21
    • Start planning out the next project
    • Other? (write in, or don't)

Besides the fixing of any problems with the released content, of course. Unless you are putting all of your effort into that, which is fine. Starting on the next project, creating a campaign, implementing the other machines Beczl had planned (like the Sa-2), something else? Just curious.

Including a poll here just in case you want embrace democracy. :p

Looking forward to the MiG!

1) Fixing anything that might rear its head. Bugs, issues, deficiencies, inaccuracies, etc.

2) More official liveries

3) New, HQ, toggle-able pilot inside the cockpit.

4) possibly more localization / manual translations.

5) Improvement in sound implementation.

6) Possibly a Campaign.

7) Really awesome secret.

8 ) Slowly fully transitioning into the next project. (Already well underway however)

More or less. Not in any specific order or priority. :)

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

1) Fixing anything that might rear its head. Bugs, issues, deficiencies, inaccuracies, etc.

6) Possibly a Campaign.

8 ) Slowly fully transitioning into the next project. (Already well underway however)

9) We go to Rio!! :yay:

;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I was under the impression that campaign will be included in the release? From what I see here this will not be the case? A shame.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

I was under the impression that campaign will be included in the release? From what I see here this will not be the case? A shame.

Mmm, I thought so too. Never mind, I'm sure we'll have enough to do in it from player made missions and campaigns.

Sadly not. :( We get plenty of tutorials and missions at least. As someone who usually does single player (might give MP a serious go for this however) I put my vote down for a campaign. At least we can rely on the community to come up with something if LN is too busy.

I think campaign is essential, it's not "good to have", it's must have feature. Surprised it will not be included initially. But I understand complexity, so, I guess, campaign could be added later... Hopefully sooner of course.

The lack on campaign doesn't really bother me that much. As joey said we will need to learn it first :-) but it would be cool if we could get something like an F4 as AI unit in the release - having this I would have fun with it and ME for months to come :-)

edit : doh! I just double checked and there already is f4e in dcs ... then I'm all set :-)

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

6) Possibly a Campaign.

any hints on what the project in nuber 8 is? could it possibly be an F-4?

DCS: F-4E really needs to be a thing!!!!!!

Aircraft: A-10C, Ka-50, UH-1H, MiG-21, F-15C, Su-27, MiG-29, A-10A, Su-25, Su-25T, TF-51

any hints on what the project in nuber 8 is? could it possibly be an F-4?

Don't count on it.

From the LS perspective:

We love the F-4E. Really, who doesn't?

However, I think it goes without any saying how difficult building an aircraft such as the F-4 really is.

Not only is it an incredibly complex aircraft, but just the additional gameplay considerations that have to be accounted for as well: like building an AI RIO for you when you're flying Solo.

Right now we have already partially transitioned into our next project.

Some of you will be pleased, some of you will be very disappointed and some of you will, without a doubt, want our heads on a pike.

In many ways, creation of FS aircraft is comparable to art.

If we were driven by market demand alone, the F-4 would probably be at the top of our list.

However, it is important for us to follow our passion, vision and if we are to invest thousands upon thousands of man hours into building DCS aircraft, we need to do something we genuinely care about.

It is the only way to ensure that everyone really wins.

The future has never been as bright for DCS or Flight Simulation in general as it is right now.

I'm excited, and you should be too.

We're here to stay, hope you will stick with us. :)

Edited by McBlemmen

• 6 years later...

Пусть починят то что есть!И будет щастья для любителей МиГ21)Лучше они его не зделают, главное чтобы хуже небыло)

6) Possibly a Campaign.

9) I would like a more modeled 3D mesh, Textures in 4k. Something like ED did with the A-10C. I would even pay for an upgrade. :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Need seriously to update the cockpit to VR standard now missing panels etc .. texture bump map too are starting to feel aging fast and limiting the VR or Track IR travel to ovoid going through 3d cockpit etc

Fly it like you stole it..

TrackIR doesn't go through the cockpit by my experience. VR going through pits is a universal DCS problem but the MiG has it worse because the cockpit is smaller than it should be physically - this and the gaps in the panels are being addressed in the big update, whenever that comes.