throttle sensitivity

ebabil

pilots, i have x-52 throttle and i use no curves or deadzones.

when i try to hover at same level, chopper goes up or down even by milimetric touches. what should i do? apply some curves or deadzones or is it related governor, rpm settings? i use hot start or cold start and same result

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

pilots, i have x-52 throttle and i use no curves or deadzones.

when i try to hover at same level, chopper goes up or down even by milimetric touches. what should i do? apply some curves or deadzones or is it related governor, rpm settings? i use hot start or cold start and same result

what should i do? practice! :o)

No, seriously, how pronounced is that effect you are describing? Can you post a Track? Usually the Huey reacts even on tiny inputs, yes, but in a "calm" manner. So I wonder how "over sensitive" your collective is.

Also to consider: temperature (outside) and total weight of the helo. The colder it is and the lighter the helo is, the more power is available and thus the quicker and pronounced are it's reactions to control inputs. (the other way around: a heavy loaded helo in hot weather flies like a brick ... :o)

Actually the problem shouldn't be the weight because I think the correct behavior should be like that ; when I stop manipulating the collective, chopper must settle. Or at least this is what I see in the videos. I try to settle at 15 feet, but never can do that, I add little but very very little power , than chopper goes up to 30-40 feet within a few seconds. Than I lower collective very gently , than it goes down to 5-10 feet, and it becomes an endless loop. I can not concentrate on cyclic.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Actually the problem shouldn't be the weight because I think the correct behavior should be like that ; when I stop manipulating the collective, chopper must settle. Or at least this is what I see in the videos. I try to settle at 15 feet, but never can do that, I add little but very very little power , than chopper goes up to 30-40 feet within a few seconds. Than I lower collective very gently , than it goes down to 5-10 feet, and it becomes an endless loop. I can not concentrate on cyclic.

You won't be able to get the helo into a "stable" hover - you will always have to constantly (re-)adjust your control inputs. An exception is perhaps a hover with in-ground-effect (like 5-10 ft) - there the air cushion dampens the movement quite a bit. And this could be one of your problems: at 15 ft you are roughly "just out of ground effect" - right in the transistion area where you would need over proportional more collective to gain more altitude. This could perhaps lead to over"steering" or over compensating from your side. Try to hover at slightly higher altitude, like 30 ft (or lower like 5-10 ft for practicing hover with in ground effect).

And also try to anticipate the reactions of the helo. If you try to correct, do small inputs and return the control to the old position. Don't wait until you actually SEE the reaction. You hover at 30 ft, the helo sinks ...29 ... 28 ... give the collective a tiny "nudge" up and return it to the old position ... 30 ... 31 ...32 ...31 ... rinse and repeat... :o)

As stated above you will constantly be adjusting collective with small inputs to hold a hover.

Sounds like you have a touchy control..try to play with friction or as a last resort curves.

Think about getting the X-55...I have excellent power management using it.

That's why I addicted to vertical velocity gauge. If I want to draw a stable forward line in the air, my one eye is always on that device (I don't know if this is a proper attitude, but I can't help myself).

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

The huey does not come with augmentation. It is normal to bubble up and down, sway left and right, roll left and right with the helicopter. She just needs practice and patience.

Still, I'm not convinced for a hover ones eyes goes to left and right instead of up and down ahead

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.