Addon Tents, Watchtower, UH-1-Cargo

(Continued)

.. the only bug I could find is that the helicopter doesn't sit on the deck, but rather about 10 inches too high (AI helo) ...

This is corrected.

I was able to get the ATC to respond, but not the ground crew for refueling/ground power.

This seems really something to do with the collision model. I made a collision model close under the ground, so it is not seen and it seems to work.

DCS Mods and Skins: HiDrive

Use the NAS only if the other Link is not working - it's slow!
My DCS MODs and Skins: NAS

Upuaut,

Did you also experienced missing textures in your static objects? Looks like a lot of your EDM are still calling for .bmp textures when they are actually now .dds.

It also looks like your guradtowers are missing the flag texture as well as your ambulance's tires.

Edited by BaD CrC

This seems really something to do with the collision model. I made a collision model close under the ground, so it is not seen and it seems to work.

Does this mean that I am supposed to be able to request refueling/-loading with the version I have, or will you update the pads, or do I misunderstand you somehow?

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Hi, it's updated and should work.
Excellent! Will test as soon as I have the time (unfortunately not often at the moment)

Thanks for all, upuaut!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Upuaut,

Did you also experienced missing textures in your static objects? Looks like a lot of your EDM are still calling for .bmp textures when they are actually now .dds.

It also looks like your guradtowers are missing the flag texture as well as your ambulance's tires.

Hi BaD CrC,

I have it just tested and I have no missing textures, especially the objects you mentioned. All textures should be in the dds format.

Try to extract the texture zip files to the texture folder and change in the entry.lua

mount_vfs_texture_path (current_mod_path.."/Textures/zip-file")

to

mount_vfs_texture_path (current_mod_path.."/Textures").

Maybe it's a problem with the zip-files.

Greetings.

DCS Mods and Skins: HiDrive

Use the NAS only if the other Link is not working - it's slow!
My DCS MODs and Skins: NAS

an problem with the texture caused by using textures from DCS itself.

Example

UH1 weapons crate

missing is there:

UH1_weapons.bmp.dds (found but renamed by ed to UH1_weapons.dds)

uh1weapons_los.dds (not found)

if you use standart textures, you have to remove the double ending

Thank you upuaut. Brilliant!

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

Hi guys!

Thank you so much Upuaut for those fantastics Mods!

I just reinstalled the helipad mod wich is the one I was waiting for the most. (so fed up with those awful ED default FARPs!)

I still can not rearm or refuel from an H or Y or invisible helipad (With or without logistic Vhl)

Did I misunderstood something?

It would be so great if we could refuel nearby a (transportable) fuel barrel or rearm nearby a (transportable) ammo crate!

Cheer's

Sleipner

Hi guys!

Thank you so much Upuaut for those fantastics Mods!

I just reinstalled the helipad mod wich is the one I was waiting for the most. (so fed up with those awful ED default FARPs!)

I still can not rearm or refuel from an H or Y or invisible helipad (With or without logistic Vhl)

Did I misunderstood something?

It would be so great if we could refuel nearby a (transportable) fuel barrel or rearm nearby a (transportable) ammo crate!

Cheer's

Sleipner

Try download it again. I compared the version I downloaded a couple of days ago and the most current one downloaded 15min ago, and those pads previously not "ground crew enabled" was updated later the same day (22 of March) you posted your concerns. Now the ground crew reply and comply to your requests! :thumbup:

Upuau, thanks again! Now on-the-feald operations feel much more realistic!

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

So, its really nice to have the invisible pad, and with working ground crew sa well!

But i noticed some differences compared with original FARPs.

1) In ATC menu the invisible pad (and the others related) isn't listed with callsign, i.e. "London". It's just "..."

2) When requesting inbound "my" request includes "angels 2.5 (or 3), state 1.4". What is this? what do they mean?

(bonus question: I don't get the "contact tower on ..." and the possibility to request landing after an inbound request when closing in on any pad/FARP, original FARP included. I remembering getting this in missions flown in DCS 1.5.7)

I also realized an additional usage for the invisible pad. As you know, with a single FARP (original included) one can only request and abort take-offs (possibly request startup and hover check). But one can not request inbound nor azimuth (nor request landing). To be able to do the later things, one have to add an extra FARP with the same callsign and frequency (close-by to get accurate azimuth), i.e. getting a total of 8 pads for the original FARP! But with the invisible pad one can add that instead (with same callsign and frequency) and mark it as hidden in ME to hide it from the map! I haven't tested at night to see if the FARP lightning will work correctly, i.e. the lights turning on when requesting inbound (or was it at landing request?), I guess it won't.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Hello All,

I've just downloaded the mod. Succesfully installed the content of the DCS_mods.zip as described in the readme install.txt file. But I am a bit confused with the DCS.zip (Skin folder). Where should the files go?

Any help appreciated

Thanks in advance,

Tamas

... I am a bit confused with the DCS.zip (Skin folder). Where should the files go?

Hello,

They are not really needed for the Mod to work, use just like any other skin. Upuaut's skins are:

Ag4zz5Q.jpg

(I grouped them on folders for clarity)

If you want to use them on your DCS, you need to uncompress the ones you want using WinRar, and then place them on /Saved Games/DCS/Liveries ... the folder for each aircraft needs a very precise name, as they are case sensitive. Here you can see the names of most of DCS aircrafts and vehicles:

wpCWTtI.jpg

:thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello,

They are not really needed for the Mod to work, use just like any other skin. Upuaut's skins are:

Ag4zz5Q.jpg

(I grouped them on folders for clarity)

If you want to use them on your DCS, you need to uncompress the ones you want using WinRar, and then place them on /Saved Games/DCS/Liveries ... the folder for each aircraft needs a very precise name, as they are case sensitive. Here you can see the names of most of DCS aircrafts and vehicles:

wpCWTtI.jpg

:thumbup:

Thanks for the explanation Rudel :thumbup:

Really well-organized mod repo you have over there... :smilewink:

... Really well-organized mod repo you have over there... :smilewink:

:smartass: thanks .. I keep the obsolete Mods around just in case I need to re-edit an old Mission, fortunately traditional HDD disk space is so cheap these days that one can archive almost anything :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some modes seems like the are gone from your package

BigBunker

Any chance to re add?

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

coudn't find any google answer but what are flexcam and powerline worker mod ?

They add quite nice loadouts to the Huey. Flexcam is a TV camera mounted on the nose, with an operator sitting on a passenger seat. Powerline worker is an electricity worker sitting on the right side of the helo, plus equipment.

Best thing is the firefighting tank thats also included. You can load all these things in the weapons loadout menu.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

Awesome to have this mod pack back!

Im having trouble installing the flexcam, watertank, powerline worker etc.

I have made sure that their respective folders are installed in game dir/mods/tech as well as the savedgames dir but they aren't showing?

Also, sar rescuer textures arent working and some of the cargo textures. Have extracted the textures .zip and modded the entry .lua to point to the textures folder.

Thanks!

i5 4690K, GTX1070, 24GB 1800mhz, HP WMR, Custom FFB helicopter controls.

Hi upuaut, what a great set of additions, thanks for updating!

One question - I dare to fly the Bell 47G, installed it into saved-games, with the bin, it appears in ME, I can chose player, but I cannot fly it or get controls. It is always flown by the KI. Can you tell me how to fly it myself as player?

Many Thanks!