Addon Tents, Watchtower, UH-1-Cargo

14 hours ago, Neo47 said:

Make a copy of your texture folder and name it f.e. "texture name HP" for hardpoints and add the custom arguments. In the orginal one delete the custom arguments. So now you can easily switch between a clean Huey and a hardpoint Huey.

This worked perfectly for me.

Thanks a lot Neo47 :thumbsup:

in another skin I put and that's it

custom_args =
{
    [1000] = 0.0,
}

Edited by EL_LEJI
  • Like 1

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Upuaut.  I'm trying to get this mod up and working.  I can't find the Ambulance, tents and cargo etc. I click on the link and it says file can't be found.  I just purchased the WWII asset pack just to use this mod.  Is there somewhere I can find these mod files?

Cheers

Higgsy

6 hours ago, Higgsy said:

Hey Upuaut.  I'm trying to get this mod up and working.  I can't find the Ambulance, tents and cargo etc. I click on the link and it says file can't be found.  I just purchased the WWII asset pack just to use this mod.  Is there somewhere I can find these mod files?

Cheers

Higgsy

Two posts over 😉 

• Like 1

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

does anybody have a zipped up ready to go version of these files, ive spent all day here "Upuaut's stuff can also be downloaded here. Downloading now." trying to get it to download, its slow and just when I though I had them all the saved games folder one corrupter, its really frustrating, anybody have a solution?

ive just gone through and downloaded them all independently  still 5 of them corrupted.

This is ridicules, I’ve been at this for a whole day and I’m still nowhere

i Suppose at this point I should ask is myqnapcloud even safe? 

I mean no offence, just trying to get my head around this.

on another note, the red sands fort you have made is stunning! Always been fascinated by it

Edited by PSYKOnz

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

• 2 months later...

I wonder could someone help, please go easy as its my first time modding DCS.

I downloaded the files earlier and wanted to install the bambi bucket for the huey. I copied the folders to my DCS/MOD?tech folder and tried to start DCS.

It said the following DLC's are not approved and logged me out. 

If anyone could tell me the idiot proof to add the mod to DCS I'll send you an imaginary bambi bucket of beer.

Many thanks
Pete

38 minutes ago, PeteB3743 said:

I wonder could someone help, please go easy as its my first time modding DCS.

I downloaded the files earlier and wanted to install the bambi bucket for the huey. I copied the folders to my DCS/MOD?tech folder and tried to start DCS.

It said the following DLC's are not approved and logged me out. 

If anyone could tell me the idiot proof to add the mod to DCS I'll send you an imaginary bambi bucket of beer.

Many thanks
Pete

put it in your C:\Users\[user name]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder create the mods folder then create the tech folder and put it in there you should be good to go

Since I don't know what version, EDM models are positioned and oriented from the connector defined in the aircraft's lua.

Objects like the Water Tank seems to have its centered origin and should therefore have a connector in the center of the chopper, which explains the offset and sometimes the XYZ orientation.

pylon.png

The instruction that seemed to correct the position :

Position = {0,0,0} 

in the loadout.lua seems to be no longer functional, no value is taken into account.

The only solution I found is to apply the offsets in the original file before exporting the EDM.

But for that, we need the original shapes.

Unless someone has another idea?

Other question  :

Most aircrafts have a xxxx.lua file (P-51D.lua for example) where the different pylons are defined and therefore allow to modify or add to existing connectors.

But I can't find the file of Huey, there is only the one who defines the unitPayloads ... would it be deliberately embedded in an encrypted file ?

Edited by Tanuki44
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 1:28 PM, USSInchon said:

put it in your C:\Users\[user name]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder create the mods folder then create the tech folder and put it in there you should be good to go

Just incase anyone was struggling like meand wants the Bambi bucket to firefight in the Huey on DCS 2.7.

In the download links above are 4 folders, one of which (DCS2.7) is the Huey stuff.

I also downloaded the Lua file from above and added it to the above folder. 

I followed USS’s advice and when dcs loaded. When I started the firefighting mission It then said I needed static_objects which I found in another of the download folders in the links above, put it in the saved games/mod/tech folder with the others and I’ve been slinging water around the forest with reckless abandon! 
Many thanks for all your help. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Bambi bucket is a load just like a crate, the lua file (if I think of the one) defines emports in a mission.

The Bambi bucket must be placed on the ground and therefore must be loaded up. This is not a choice of emport.

The files bambi_bucket are present in folders : Data, Database, Shapes

in   \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\Static_Objects

But did I understand the question correctly?

Edited by Tanuki44

On 1/22/2022 at 2:31 PM, Tanuki44 said:

.../...

Objects like the Water Tank seems to have its centered origin and should therefore have a connector in the center of the chopper, which explains the offset and sometimes the XYZ orientation.

.../...

The latest versions made available are correctly placed.  👍

Edited by Tanuki44