DCS Version 1.2.8 cobra maneuver

Hello

I have a little problem, in dcs version 1.2.7 I was having this maneuver enabled. Today I was update my DCS World to 1.2.8 and I can't enable this maneuver anymore. I need this maneuver because I'm practicing for virtual airshow. Can anybody tell me how to enable cobra maneuver?

Thanks

Hello

I have a little problem, in dcs version 1.2.7 I was having this maneuver enabled.

really ? in that case you should show that maneuver in 1.2.7 but i doubt that was the maneuver what we are waiting for in 1.2.9 :)

Edited by NRG-Vampire

sign-pic4.jpg

I am surprised by what you say.

To my knowledge, this maneuver was made unavailable before version 1.2.7 (can't remember when exactly, but first the key assignation was removed, then the script itself was de-activated IIRC).

Is it for the Su-27? If yes, we'll get the cobra capability back with the PFM to come. Don't know if that may fit your timeframe...

Or, as proposed by Vampire, you may downgrade to 1.2.7 and do your show with it.

spacer.png

The Cobra maneuver was disabled since many patch ago, i'm surprised that you still be able to use it on 1.2.7, maybe they have only remove the key for this and your keys mapping profile still have it since a while.

But you should not be able to use it in 1.2.7, this is strange...

But don't worry, if you have buy FC3 you will get the SU-27 with new flight model like the F-15 have and they have success to perform Cobra Manoeuver with him, and without using a scripted but a real time calculated one, and maybe the 27 with PFM will come on the next update 1.2.9, and if we are lucky they will maybe see if with adjustment they can make the SU-33 able to use PFM (who know).

Anyway we will see but the Cobra maneuver, at least for one aircraft will be back !

CPU : I7 6700k, MB : MSI Z170A GAMING M3, GC : EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 GAMING iCX, RAM : DDR4 HyperX Fury 4 x 8 Go 2666 MHz CAS 15, STORAGE : Windows 10 on SSD, games on HDDs.

Hardware used for DCS : Pro, Saitek pro flight rudder, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Oculus Rift.

Own : A-10C, Black Shark (BS1 to BS2), P-51D, FC3, UH-1H, Combined Arms, Mi-8MTV2, AV-8B, M-2000C, F/A-18C, Hawk T.1A

Want : F-14 Tomcat, Yak-52, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, F-5E, MiG-21Bis, F-86F, MAC, F-16C, F-15E.

In previous versions the maneuver was scripted and when the game recognizes you're doing it it "plays" the script. Currently they're working on the AFM etc. which will enable such maneuvers without any scripts, just you and the flight model. Because this all is WIP they propably removed the scripts and enabled some elements of the new flight model etc.

So if you can't do that maneuver it'S probably because atm it doesn't work because the flight model is to dumb.