X45 Profile Editing question

Pilgrim

Hi all

I'm having serious problems mapping rightWin + I to my X45. I have tried both the normal programming and the advanced but somehow I can't get it to work. If anyone is using the Profile Editor and has managed to map rightWin + I (radar search mode for russian planes) please let me know how you did it.

ASUS P4T533-C|P4 3.06@3.45|1024Mb Kingston 1066 rambus|ATI 9.... *EDITED* - Listen to Mods!!!

You might be able to map it as a macro.

Highlight the switch (if it's a HAT- choose direction)

right click- new macro

press Rwin, then the I

then right click the second button command- quantize time

set to 0.00

Start lock on and see if it works.

Also make sure LO doesn't have it mapped to something else. I'm setting up my X-45 and found that at the source of most of my problems. Select the X-45 in the LO Options/Input section and see if LO has something mapped to that button. If so delete that and set up your profile for the joystick.

Problem I ran into was with the throttle mapping. LO had my throttle mapped to the right engine only. Made for some interesting flying with only one engine. I went through everything I could think of including an uninstall-reinstall of the sim. Finally found out it was the default settings in the input section.

Right Win + I RUS PRF mode cycle

Yes Pilgram I have an answer for you,

I had the same problem when I maped it; it didn't work in the game.

So I changed the key board mapping (input section of preferences)

I erased the M and N keys from View Mirror Right and Left.

Then I erased the RWin + I and exchanged the M for the PRF cycle command.

It works flawlessly now.

I think there is some conflict with the "RWin" command but I couldn't find it.

Some of the other complex commands with "ctrl" and "alt" have no problems.

Probably has to do with the "Win" key.

If you don't use mirrors view command then you have two keys to use any way you choose.

Best Regards,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Christopher M

I'm using an x-52, but I also had problems assigning button combinations when the right windows key was involved. I wanted to use a button on the joystick to turn on/off the engines. This is done by pressing the Right Win + Home/End.

However, I noticed that in the Saitek profile editor, when I pressed my right Windows key, the program registered it as a "Program" key, instead of "Right Win" key. I'm using a Logitech media keyboard (can't remember the exact name of the keyboard), and upon further examination (me leaning forward and squinting my eyes), I saw that it was correct. I have no right windows key. On the key that is in its place has an image of a drop-down menu. I have never used it for anything before, but I guess it does the same as if you pressed the right mouse button (my guess). I'm at work right now, so I have no chance of testing it.

When I get home, I will try to edit the key combination required for engine on/off in lomac options menu. I'll try to set it to Program+Home/End instead of Right Win+Home/End, and see if that does the trick.

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

Yes Pilgram I have an answer for you,

I had the same problem when I maped it; it didn't work in the game.

So I changed the key board mapping (input section of preferences)

I erased the M and N keys from View Mirror Right and Left.

Then I erased the RWin + I and exchanged the M for the PRF cycle command.

It works flawlessly now.

I think there is some conflict with the "RWin" command but I couldn't find it.

Some of the other complex commands with "ctrl" and "alt" have no problems.

Probably has to do with the "Win" key.

If you don't use mirrors view command then you have two keys to use any way you choose.

Best Regards,

Yup. There is some sort of conflict there. I don't have this problem with any other key combos. I even tried doing it as a macro without luck. I'll guess I'll have to redefine it in lomac to get it working.

Thanks for the help guys.

ASUS P4T533-C|P4 3.06@3.45|1024Mb Kingston 1066 rambus|ATI 9.... *EDITED* - Listen to Mods!!!

When I get home, I will try to edit the key combination required for engine on/off in lomac options menu. I'll try to set it to Program+Home/End instead of Right Win+Home/End, and see if that does the trick.

I'm using logicrap keyboard too. Let me know if your little experiment works out.

Hi again,

My experiment was part success and part failure. The thing is that key combinations in LOMAC aren't allowed with the "Program" key as the first key in that key combination. For example, I couldn't register a Program+Home combination. It just registered the Program key, and the edit key window closed itself.

However, I turned the table around, and selected a key combination like this, which worked perfectly: Ctrl+Program key for Start Engines, and Shift+Program key for Shut down engines.

The only problem I experienced was that on the runway, motors idle, I could shut down my engines, but it seems that I had to wait for my engines to shut down completely before my engines start up key combination did in fact start the engines up again. Don't know if this is a requirement in LOMAC (that engines need to come to a full stop before they can be started up again), but I seem to remember this not to be the case. Don't know if any of you guys can say which alternative is the correct one.

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away