How to delete any point from PVI-800

Havner

As in subject.

I know how to reprogram it (overwrite). I know how to add a new point. But how to completely remove a point as if it was never programmed.

Let's say I have a pre-programmed 4 WPT flight plan. In the EDIT mode I can change the coordinates of any of the 4 points. I can add 5th or 6th. But how to make the route consist of 3 points?

Or I added N target points while flying and I want to clean them not to obscure when I fly to a second location.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PVI mode knot to EDIT, push the waypoint button and the number, then RESET, then return the knob to OPER.

I think I already tried it. Definitely tried with the sequence:

EDIT knob

MODE button (WPT, TP)

NUMBER button

RESET button

and it didn't work

Does the OPER afterwards make a difference? At work now so can't try it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe try RESET then ENTER? I don't know offhand, either—I don't normally delete things like that.

For what it's worth, you can use the waypoint reordering functionality to switch routes around and leave out waypoints, but that's not altogether what you want. For decluttering target points, you could probably cheat by entering all zeroes for the coordinates, if deleting doesn't work.

• Like 1

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

How to delete any point from PVI-800

Maybe try RESET then ENTER? I don't know offhand, either—I don't normally delete things like that.

And that's the thing. What IS the correct procedure assuming it does even exist. Believe me, I tried everything I could come up with and nothing works.

Is it even possible?

For what it's worth, you can use the waypoint reordering functionality to switch routes around and leave out waypoints, but that's not altogether what you want. For decluttering target points, you could probably cheat by entering all zeroes for the coordinates, if deleting doesn't work.

I know about reordering, it does work and I use it. Zeroes are on the list of workarounds as well. I even thought that maybe you can delete a point by entering all the zeroes, but no, they stay there).

So the question stands:

How to delete a point (WPT, TP, FP, AP) in PVI-800?

Edited by Havner

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This seems to be broken, it make a very long time (since 1.2.3 aprox) that it's not possible anymore to delete WP. All i can do is changing values of the wp, but not deleting it. :(

If you succeed please tel us the solution !

• 6 years later...

Oldie but goodie? Anywho, I was trying to delete some NAV points that I created while on a mission, and couldn't figure out how to wipe them clear,,, Any help would be appreciated. I did read thru the manual, But I didnt find anything that worked?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Waypoints set in the mission editor add a flightplan on the ABRIS and PVI-800 Nav points. In-game/mission you'd need to do them separately. I don't think you can delete nav points from the PVI-800 (only replace them), but you can definitely edit/clear your FlightPlan (FPL) on the ABRIS - I think that bit's in your manual. Is that what you're trying to do?

Target points and other references get a bit stranger - I should be finding time again soon continue my data link series - of which the ABRIS vs PVI-800 vs mission editor is the next in line, though that won't necessarily cover nav waypoints specifically.

Airfields - I'm a little hazy as to how they're created on the PVI-800.

For Black Shark tutorials, visit my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-LgdvOGP3SSNUGVN95b8Bw

I have not tested this, but as you are able to sequence the waypoints in the flight in any order, I guess you can sequence only the part of the waypoints you have stored. Therefore it should not be necessary to remove the waypoints, you can ignore them.

I.e. if you have waypoints 1,2,3,4,5, and you want to remove waypoints 3 and 4, sequence the waypoints 1,2,5 instead by pressing WPT, select 1, press ENTER, select 2, press ENTER, select 5, press ENTER, press WPT.

I guess the PVI-800 would then only follow the flightplan of waypoints 1,2,5. Waypoints 3 and 4 is there, but you can just ignore them.

Edited by Vantskruv

46 minutes ago, Vantskruv said:

I guess the PVI-800 would then only follow the flightplan of waypoints 1,2,5. Waypoints 3 and 4 is there, but you can just ignore them.

Just by extension to tha:, 3 and 4 will still be on the PVI-800, and if you were to engage Route mode, then the Ka-50 would follow the PVI-800, so it will automatically go to waypoint 3 from 2, then to 4 and finally 5. So once you reach waypoint 2's end, you'll need to manually select "5" on the PVI-800 for it to do the skip. Unless of course you went and coded over WPT 3 on the nav panel of course.

My scenario is, there are no Nav points created in the mission editor, I manually enter destinations I choose, I do this one by one. I find a place I want to go on the map, enter the coordinates in the PVI, starting with Nav 1. After I have created say 2 of them, and I no longer need/want them, I just want to erase the coordinates plugged into Nav 1 and 2 and start over with Nav 1. I have not been able to remove the previous coordinates I plugged in for Nav1 so I can create a new Nav 1

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

@Volk.

I tested this out. Made 5 waypoints, and made a "flightplan" in the PVI-800 with waypoint 3, 5, and then 1 in that order. In route-mode, the system navigated as I predicted (3->5->1). Not sure what happens though after passing the last waypoint in the "flightplan".

@Fakum You should be able to edit/recreate a new waypoint on any slot by overwriting the values. I need to test this though...

Edited by Vantskruv

@Vantskruv yeah that's right. I've been reading and answering @Fakum's request out of "on a mission" = in mission editor.

The mission editor forces consecutive waypoint numbers, and duplicates them ABRIS & PVI-800. The ABRIS ones you can load/unload/delete/mixup quite a bit, but the PVI-800 waypoints - once that number is loaded, it's there to stay - all you can do is override those numbers. I have yet to check if one can in-mission clear the PVI-800 memory, might be possible, but also might not be something you can do given in a cold-start in the sim it still has the PVI-800 memory, so not sure a power-cycle of the system would work.

@Fakum, specifically answering your newest wording: not that I can think of. Once a point has been captured, it's there to stay. CLEAR button only cancels/clears your current inputs in ENT (input) mode. And for nav wapoints you can only manually captured typing in the decimal coordinates, ie. you can't use the 2 extra options of capturing you have with target points.

@Fakum if you really want those on-the-fly created waypoints gone - an alternative - might be to use data link targets instead, presuming it's something you can see with the Shkval's laser, is to just use data link targets instead.

If it's for destinations you can't see, there's also stuff like reference points you can use from the ABRIS, though it's bit less intuitive, not nearly as fast as typing in a target point and you'll have to manually steer to it eyeballing the ABRIS rather than relying on auto-turn/route modes.

For what it's worth, I've played around a little in the Ka-50 and couldn't find a feasible way, including turning off Nav, INU, think even K-041, which of course isn't advisable, to 'reset' the PVI-800 waypoints like one can easily do with the Data Link, but no luck. So I think you're stuck with whatever has been pre-programmed from the mission or what you've coded yourself. All you can do is change the coordinates to something else.