Cant control plane

Hi. I haven't played Flaming Cliff 3 in two years and just reinstalled it but it's different somehow. Controls are too sensitive and I can't maintain level flight and end up spending more time trying to control the plane and always end up crashing. I tried choosing the gaming flight mode but it doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Hi. I haven't played Flaming Cliff 3 in two years and just reinstalled it but it's different somehow. Controls are too sensitive and I can't maintain level flight and end up spending more time trying to control the plane and always end up crashing. I tried choosing the gaming flight mode but it doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I would suggest first to calibrate your stick and second go to control options, in the dropdown menus select your aircraft of choice and axis commands for that aircraft, select pitch axis for example and click the axis tune button at the bottom of the window - there you can increase the curvature of the axis - ie. non-linearity which is very useful because you will gain more precision around the center position. I would suggest about 10-30 curvature, depending on your hardware and personal prefences. Also if you have lower quality stick that tends to generate unwanted jitter around the center you can enable a little deadzone as well - 2-5 should be enough. I think I used about 25 curve and 3 deadzone on my old logitech 3d pro stick and it was alright. Do this for elevators, ailerons and rudder - it helps a lot.

found this tutorial for you:

http://server.3rd-wing.net/public/Manuels%20DCS/DCS%20World%20Input%20Controller%20Walk%20Through%20EN.pdf

PS: Trim, trim, trim!

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S