Hotas Warthog Joystick Thread size? ...and more

benargee

Hello,

I was reading through the forums on some older threads about stick extensions and they mostly talked about using 5/8 gardena hose fittings between the stick an the base. So i went to the store and bought a male and female 5/8 connector and to my surprise they didnt fit, way too small.

My question is, are there different variations of of the warthog with different thread sizes? i bought mine second hand for $275 :)

My serial is 02XXX i think, im not at home right now so ill have to edit this post abit and add photos.

-----------+-

Ultimately id like to make a stick extension, a better gimbal out of a trucks universal joint and addon force feedback system while keeping all original parts unmodified so that it can all be reassembled properly again. So any links or tips for any of those three would be apprciated

Thanks

P.S. Where do i find the serial number on the joystick? i can only see one on the throttle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Call Sign: Pork Chop.

intel I5 4670K @ 3.4GHz - GALAXY GTX 670 2GB @ 1080P - 16GB ( 2X8 ) Corsair DDR3 1600MHz - ASUS VG248QE 1080p

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO Mother Board - Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB(game/boot) - WD 640GB HDD 6.0GB/s - 750w Corsair Power Supply

:yes:Trackir 5 w/ Tclip Pro - :joystick:TM HOTAS Warthog - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G700s Mouse (edit:May19/14) http://wiki.benargee.com/

The garden hose connector that will work with the Warthog is the European size.

I believe the Warthog/Cougar base thread is M36x2.0.

You're serial number shouldn't make a difference since the Warthog's handle is interchangeable with the Cougar's.

Edited by doright

The joystick serial number is/was on a paper tag attached to the joystick cable (at least on mine).

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The garden hose connector that will work with the Warthog is the European size.

I believe the Warthog/Cougar base thread is M36x2.0.

You're serial number shouldn't make a difference since the Warthog's handle is interchangeable with the Cougar's.

Hmm, ok. Do you know who sells European hose fittings in Canada/US? i only saw the one size at the store.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Call Sign: Pork Chop.

intel I5 4670K @ 3.4GHz - GALAXY GTX 670 2GB @ 1080P - 16GB ( 2X8 ) Corsair DDR3 1600MHz - ASUS VG248QE 1080p

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO Mother Board - Samsung 840 Pro SSD 128GB(game/boot) - WD 640GB HDD 6.0GB/s - 750w Corsair Power Supply

:yes:Trackir 5 w/ Tclip Pro - :joystick:TM HOTAS Warthog - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G700s Mouse (edit:May19/14) http://wiki.benargee.com/

Hmm, ok. Do you know who sells European hose fittings in Canada/US? i only saw the one size at the store.

Only place I've seen fittings that size in the US are on some oddball (read very expensive) hydraulic fittings at Grainger. Probably have a lot more luck getting someone in Europe to ship them to you.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

• 4 years later...