Su-27 for DCS World

Kenan

Apologies if this has been asked, but will the Su-27 AFM be a free update for those who have FC3? I'd like to start flying the Su-27 to get a feel for the capabilities of the aircraft (I bought the F-15C and am more-or-less familiar with it at this point), but not if I'm just going to end-up slapping down $50 and then needing to drop even more.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apologies if this has been asked, but will the Su-27 AFM be a free update for those who have FC3? I'd like to start flying the Su-27 to get a feel for the capabilities of the aircraft (I bought the F-15C and am more-or-less familiar with it at this point), but not if I'm just going to end-up slapping down $50 and then needing to drop even more.

It's going to be a free update for owners of FC3, and released as a standalone plane for people who want to buy only the Su-27. I believe ED's goal is to have all the FC planes like this, all with AFM or PFM.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

I feel like the hype's been there for too long now... So has this post, so has been the silence on the SU-27 PFM progress...

My precious, give it to me!

Give me my preciouuussss!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz

H100i

256 GB SSD + 1TB HDD Crucial+ WD Blue

16 Gb Ram DDR3-1866-C9R Mhz Veng. Pro.

GA-Z97X-G5

SuperNova 750 G2

I stopped "waiting" for it quite some time ago...when it's out, it's out. But, to be honest, when the Su-27PFM gets released, the next wait will be for, say, 6DOF MiG-29 cockpit so..you can't really make everyone happy, there will always be more thing to want out of DCS.. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

2nd Company 1st financial guard battalion "Mrcine"

See our squads here and our

Croatian radio chat for DCS World

The truth is that nothing is moving...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

• 2 weeks later...
I stopped "waiting" for it quite some time ago...when it's out, it's out. But, to be honest, when the Su-27PFM gets released, the next wait will be for, say, 6DOF MiG-29 cockpit so..you can't really make everyone happy, there will always be more thing to want out of DCS.. :)

I too have lost hope. In the mean time I have started flying Falcon BMS to get a taste of a fast mover with clickable pit and despite the low res textures, I can't see myself ever flying another DCS product without a clickable pit. It just a level of complexity that fits my learning needs.

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

Will the Su-27 update be packaged with an Su-33 update as well or are they coming at separate times? I cannot imagine the Su-33 would require a tremendous amount of extra work, the majority of the work should translate fairly easily or with mostly small differences...

Either way, I can wait, it will be worth the wait! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Will the Su-27 update be packaged with an Su-33 update as well or are they coming at separate times? I cannot imagine the Su-33 would require a tremendous amount of extra work, the majority of the work should translate fairly easily or with mostly small differences...

Either way, I can wait, it will be worth the wait! :)

su-33 has different airframe but i dont think it is far different from su-27.

maybe carrier operations takes more time to develop

i hope they release both at same time or ...

Edited by theropod

One of the Russian devs Chitz? posted on the RU forums and it was translated and posted somewhere on here. Don't know if it is higher up in this thread or not..

Anyways, the post basically said SU27 AFM will not be released till the fall.

^^I have a feeling they plan on releasing more features and thus, delaying the Su27 AFM..Perhaps the plan is to release additional goodies, for example, 6DOF MiG-29 cockpit or even AFM for Su-33 as well?

I guess we'll find out in fall..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of:

Perhaps the plan is to release additional goodies, for example, 6DOF MiG-29 cockpit or even AFM for Su-33 as well?

It does not make much sense to delay the Su-27 PFM if the other goodies aren't Su-27-related. I hope THE other goodie is a fully interactive Su-27 cockpit... which of course means ASM...

I don't think the wait will ever end. When it's released, it'll have bugs, like the wingstall for the F-15 (now patched but the rudder goes crazy on 800+ knots... and it seems like you can do crazy things too).

This applies to everything. Waiting is part of it. It's part of everything... okay crazy enough.

­­­­­­

• 2 weeks later...
Almost three months since I opened this thread and no updates or any official news on the Su-27 PFM progress.

So I'm bumping this a little because hope always dies last. :D

currently I learn to fly the su-27 & P-51D. I understand your anticipation for the PFM just cause flying in DCS means to get it as real as possible and we want to fly the 'flanker' with it's real characteristics. we share the same interest.

my advice is: concentrate on flying 'what there is' for now (if your a real simmer this question can drive u mad!) and wait for ED announcement on the subject. :joystick:

by the way : today i learned that Hrvatska is another name for Croatia. :thumbup:

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

by the way : today i learned that Hrvatska is another name for Croatia. :thumbup:

thanks

Yup, on serbian language is Hrvatska. ;)

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Almost three months since I opened this thread and no updates or any official news on the Su-27 PFM progress.

So I'm bumping this a little because hope always dies last. :D

Hang in there Kenan. I share your pain, but I feel 2.0 this year will usher in the Su-27 PFM...I hope. Would be nice to get a nugget of development info though. :music_whistling:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

A hint from a thread where they were talking about controlling F15s new AFM pitch with keyboard...

Now with F-15C (and I tested in tester version with Su-27) you can't maintain pitch with keyboard like this ...

So I think the it is already in beta testing :smilewink:

EDIT: Thread is here : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=128346

Edited by TaliG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

^^Tali, the problem is that we have to dig around forums and threads to find those bits of info which is really frustrating. I am not asking for a release date but a simple progress report would be nice. Anything for that matter.

Look at Leatherneck forums. We know this whole MiG-21 release anticipation is like one big, endless foreplay but at least the guys are giving us updates on the development. Would be nice to have something similar pertaining to the Su-27 PFM progress.

Are we asking that much? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commanding Officer of: