A10C campaign: The Enemy Within

Seeing all the positive reviews, I decided to have this campaign be the first campaign I have played with the A-10C. I have enjoyed the banter between me and my wingman in the first mission.

My questions/observations:

1. To trigger the end of mission one, are we suppose to shutdown on the apron next to the large planes (in front of the crowd) or park in any of the small square parking areas? When I landed, I shut down on the apron and never received a "end of mission" indicator.

2. Is the A-10C AI insane when it comes to landing? I watched the other squads of A-10Cs attempt to land and several times both planes would try to land at the same time and would trigger both of them aborting. Took forever to land all but two. The other two would have crashed if it wasn't for the fact that they dove straight into the ground and broke through world geometry (they were bugged from then on).

I ended up the mission myself and it was counted as a success so I can move on. I can't wait to continue.

Hey,

IIRC in the first mission it is enough that you just land (pass a specific point along the runway), I will have to check what is with the message in the end.

As for the AI - it is far from perfect and it is a number one cause of any mission designer headache - sometimes even in a mission tested many times something may go wrong. And that is true for all the later missions in the campaign - the AI experience may vary, although it should not be. play-breaking (its just sometimes AI will be less helpful than expected). I will check some remarks later today and if need be upload a updated version of the campaign.

***EDIT***

Version 1.1 is now up - the main change is that you will no longer be pushed back one step in the campaign on mission failure, you will just replay it. Also, message for completing mission added in M1. Enjoy!

Edited by baltic_dragon
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 month later...

Im stuck on the second mission. I would hit all the waypoints but pop up above 500 AGL in the hills and mountains. is that a mission fail for going above 500AGL? I would land and get the mission complete with 0 points and have to start all over with the 1st mission just to get back to the second mission. I have ver 1.2

Im stuck on the second mission. I would hit all the waypoints but pop up above 500 AGL in the hills and mountains. is that a mission fail for going above 500AGL? I would land and get the mission complete with 0 points and have to start all over with the 1st mission just to get back to the second mission. I have ver 1.2

Weird, the altitude limit is just a suggestion, it is not linked to mission results. I will have to check that again, the only thing that comes to my mind is as follows:

Did you follow the flight plan and was your flight shot at along the way?

My flight is set at close formation (does not look close. 5 c-130's can fly through my formation)

and I hit all the way points until the SAM attack. The Radio said abort mission and RTB. I just played it again and I landed with all of my flight until they all parked. I got a mission complete. The score is 0 again. Then I am back to playing the very first mission again :doh:. How do you get points for a non shooting mission? do I have to kill the SAM Team?

Edited by JKUMURICA

I've checked it and found the bug, which was really stupid - a wrong flag number (1 instead of 11, happens). I've uploaded the new version of the campaign - sorry for the trouble & thanks for pointing this out!

As an update, the works on 2nd part have slown down a little due to family reasons (my little daughter born exactly one month ago - couldn't help sharing these news ;), but I will be slowly pushing the campaign forward.

• 4 weeks later...

I would be great a MP version to fly with our squads!

AKA TANGO-117. DCS Modules: ALL. I7 6700k @ 4.9 GHz / 32 GB DDR4 @ 3.2 GHz / 950 Pro m.2 + 4xSSDs / Gigabyte 1080TI 11 GB OC / 48" 4K Curved Samsung TV / TM Warthog Hotas / TM TPR rudder pedals / Track IR. Private pilot and sailplane pilot in RL.

Thanks guys, I am planning to release some of the missions as MP once I finish second, longer part of the campaign (14 missions in total) which is currently in production and I am happy to say is progressing. One big change in comparison with the part 1 is that it is going to have real people recording the voices (which works pretty well so far!) but will take considerably more time to finish. BTW, if anyone is interested in beta testing single missions, feel free to PM me!

A inconsistency occurred to me ;) in the v0.4 (maybe this is also true in the current version)

On 23th march the US president told us "8 planes are scheduled to land in Kobuleti Airbase on March 29th"

But the planes actually arrived long ago. At the 27th March. ;)

Either the US president cant memorize specific dates or he has been misinformed ...

A inconsistency occurred to me ;) in the v0.4 (maybe this is also true in the current version)

On 23th march the US president told us "8 planes are scheduled to land in Kobuleti Airbase on March 29th"

But the planes actually arrived long ago. At the 27th March. ;)

Either the US president cant memorize specific dates or he has been misinformed ...

You can't trust the US Presidents :P

Thanks for noticing, will fix it!

• 3 weeks later...

enjoying the campaign, but the 3rd mission doesn't seem to complete. The CSAR comes in and lands, but no one ever moves to the helos and moves out. I decided to make some more passes to see if there were any more enemies, as there were no shots coming from the hill, but even after expending all my ordinance the CSAR never took off. I ended up quitting the mission and must have got enough points to move on.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

enjoying the campaign, but the 3rd mission doesn't seem to complete. The CSAR comes in and lands, but no one ever moves to the helos and moves out. I decided to make some more passes to see if there were any more enemies, as there were no shots coming from the hill, but even after expending all my ordinance the CSAR never took off. I ended up quitting the mission and must have got enough points to move on.

Same thing happened to me. I noticed a blank message box top right at one moment while the CSAR ships got on the ground. I continued through the WP and once landed, i received a "MISSION SUCCESS" message

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.5vwing.com/

Same thing happened to me. I noticed a blank message box top right at one moment while the CSAR ships got on the ground. I continued through the WP and once landed, i received a "MISSION SUCCESS" message

Hmm, probably a mistake on my part, I got so busy actually making the CSAR helos to land (took a few hours before they stopped to just turn their tails and flee) that I was actually happy with them just being there, leaving destroying enemy troops as a main objective.

I will keep that in mind for the time when I will be returning to first part of the campaign afer finishing the second one (working on it right now, with real voice-overs). I plan to merge the two and add real voice - overs to the first part as well. So far I am happy that you were anle to move on with the mission.

• 2 weeks later...

Enemy Within Update

I thought I'd post some information about the progress of the second part.

Out of 15 missions, 7 are ready, 3 are in development.

Out of the 7 three are fully voiced-over, 4 are waiting for the recordings to arrive.

This time around there will be real people voices in the missions - thanks to all very helpful virtual Hog Drivers (and not only them) out there!

Campaign will be branching, will be more advanced than the first part and should be definetely more bug-free. Speaking of which, if anyone would like to try the missions which are already finished, let me know - the more feedback I get now, the better the final product will be!

Plans after the release include re-doing the first part, getting VOs for that and merging it with the second part into one campaign. And finally - transforming some of the missions into MP versions.

Keep your fingers crossed!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! Looking forward.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

• 1 month later...

Im really enjoying your campaign, nice work, thanks!

Edited by rajdary

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

• 4 weeks later...

If you need a British voice for something I am happy to help, never done anything like it before but happy to step up to the task if you have a script ;)

Just about to install Part1 and try it out, only recently became reasonably operational with the important A10C systems so I can do some missions like this and hit something with various weapon types :D

Thanks a lot guys! Works on the final version are progressing slowly, waiting for the last voiceovers to arrive and then there is a lot of playtesting and fine-tuning of all missions... reasonable time frame would be around 3 weeks to a month. If you liked the fist part I am sure you will really enjoy the full campaign :D

Phantom_Mark - thanks for the offer, right now I could only use a few simple lines, but I will PM them to you shortly!