What would be the best opponent for the MiG-21bis?

Zakatak

What would be the best opponent for the MiG-21bis?  

530 members have voted

1. 1. What would be the best opponent for the MiG-21bis?

• F-4 Phantom II
    • F-5 Tiger II
    • Mirage IIIE
    • IAI Kfir
    • F-104 Starfighter
    • F-16A
    • Mirage F1
    • SAAB 35 Draken
    • F-14A Tomcat
    • Other? (write in)

I would like to have the F-4E, or the F-8.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

How about F-100 Super Sabre ?

we have one as a gate guardian at the local air strip, and one that is in really poor condition parked next to the fence at the local airbase, drove past it last night, was going to stop and snap a pic or two but there were men with big guns and a 4x4 with a remote weapons station sitting beside it...

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Here's a couple that are not on the list, but I think would be a whole lotta fun. F-102 and F-106.

Yeah - I was rolling through to see if anyone had suggested the F-106

101bear-01.jpg?m=1391303157

F-106 Six shooter ?

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

How about F-100 Super Sabre ?

WIP for the next free mod in Dcs

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=109596

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

If you keep the AIM-120 out of the picture and you require visual confirmation of targets, I think that a highly experienced Mig-21bis sim pilot can be competitive with just about any, if not any plane, in DCS. Flight sim pilots are like Cylon Raiders. They can come back from anything, even after making mistakes that would, in reality, lead to death. Coming back from one death after another, it is only a matter of time and practice before there are Mig-21bis sim pilots routinely downing DCS F-15s.

Edited by mjmorrow

CGI and Wolf pack tactics... it is not yet scrapped stuff!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I'm surprised the F-8 crusader wasn't on the list

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

PLA Pilots are trained to be able to engage the Su-27/J-11 inside of a J-7...so idk. Perhaps it'd be kind of interesting to see how the MiG-21Bis performs against a more modern fighter such as the sukhoi or the F-15. Although it is given that the J-7 is a bit bigger than the MiG-21, I would presume that they are almost the same in capability.

CPU: i7 6700k OC @ 4.7 ghz

MoBo: ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger Z170

RAM: 32GB DDR4 Ripjaw

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/4TB Western Digital Black HDD

Monitor: Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p 144hz

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle / VKB Sim Fat Black Mamba Mk.III

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing that forced me not to vote the phantom was the fact it has 2 seats.... i prefer nto having to change from one seat to another in order to perform all tasks...

So, let the mirage come in, so that we can recreate the Yom Kipur war!!

;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Your eyes only see what your mind is ready to comprehend"

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming - Intel I7-6700K - 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz HyperX Savage - Strix GTX 960 DC II 2GB OC Edition - Seagate 1TB

Hmm, I see a lot of friendly fire accidents coming ;-)

"It looked like a Mig from my angle! Sorry!" :rofl:

An interesting Jet, nonetheless.

With the engagement between the Mig and true Phantom, I would prefer the later as an iconic opponent, though.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

mirageiiicjreview_box.jpg

The authentic 'Mig Killer' ...The Mirage IIIC

closelly followed by F-8 Crusader and third & fourth place for F-4 and F-15 respectively.

Edited by mrmach

" MrMACH...Flies a cargo plane full of rubber dogshit out of Hong kong..." :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did the Mig21bis variant we are getting in DCS ever see combat? What was his historical opponent of Mig21bis?

I would love to fight the F4 but it is a two seater so I can't see that working well in multiplayer and the AI is never a very satisfying opponent. . And our Mig is the wrong variant from the 80's not the 60's.

The Mirage IIIc is a single seater which would be better but once again our Mig21 is the wrong variant...