First day buy anyone?

TimeKilla

what?? first day buy?? hell no. why? what exactly am I going to do with the F86F other than fly it around on training servers?

Dogfight F-86's. Dogfight MiG-21's (maybe). Ground attack, recon, take the role of an air force that is not the USAF and is not full of bleeding edge technology.

hmm...take on Mig 29s? Yeah thats right....my 6 x .5 cal MGs will do wonders against the BVR capability of modern soviet fighter jets. Or maybe against the P51D? What have we got:

Both of these are fine too. War doesn't only occur between perfectly balanced sides. Someone somewhere is going to have to fly the Sabre against the MiG-29. It won't be unrealistic. Nor does it have to be a turkey shoot.

WW2 - x1 a/c (P51)

Korean war - x 1 a/c (F86)

Vietnam war - x 1 a/c (Huey)

Modern day - x however many a/c FC3 has+A10C+Mi8

WW2 you forgot the upcoming Fw-190 and 200000000000 other planes

Korea, P-51, some of the WW2 planes, F-86

Vietnam era, WW2 planes, F-86, MiG-21, UH-1

Modern Day, at this point I think the WW2 aircraft are out of service everywhere. MiG-21's still operate. F-86's were in service into the 90's.

Please please...someone put some thought into this...I wish developers produce a/c that will add value to the current version of DCS (not future, given the length of time taken to get a new map). Otherwise this'll just end up sitting in the corner gathering dust.

Pretty much anything adds value to current DCSW. However people have this mindset that aircraft are useless beyond the 5 or so years when they were the best of the best or that anything that strays from real history is completely implausible. Not so.

It's not bad to favor historically accurate, US vs USSR conflicts, but don't act like that is all there is.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People thinking that we have 'Modern' fighters probably don't realise that the F-15 is 42 years old. I'm all for mix and match with different era planes and helis; it adds more challenge.

what?? first day buy?? hell no. why? what exactly am I going to do with the F86F other than fly it around on training servers?

There's plenty to do. I've seen P-51s in multiplayer killing T-90s with the bombs and tearing up enemy bases with the MGs. It's extremely fun and with the F-86 you can hunt down A-10s ;)

And on the Russian forum they have said that there will likely be a DCS MiG-15 in the near future, so that's going to be exciting if that happens.

Edited by Sceptre

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

That list only applies to weapons used in the war. I mentioned the Vietnam era, as WW2 aircraft were still in service at that time. The F-86 was also in use with the US into the 60's, but it did not serve in Vietnam.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sabre_and_Fury_units_in_US_military

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Pakistani_War_of_1965#Aerial_warfare

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-86_Sabre#Indo-Pakistani_War_of_1971

WWII aircraft combat in the 60's-70's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_war

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Get this bad-boy

pKrjpIc.png

to give you the best whipping you've had since that day your momma put you over her knee and....yes, you remember the rest.

• Like 1

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

what?? first day buy?? hell no. why? what exactly am I going to do with the F86F other than fly it around on training servers? hmm...take on Mig 29s? Yeah thats right....my 6 x .5 cal MGs will do wonders against the BVR capability of modern soviet fighter jets. Or maybe against the P51D? What have we got:

WW2 - x1 a/c (P51)

Korean war - x 1 a/c (F86)

Vietnam war - x 1 a/c (Huey)

Modern day - x however many a/c FC3 has+A10C+Mi8

See what I'm getting at?

Please please...someone put some thought into this...I wish developers produce a/c that will add value to the current version of DCS (not future, given the length of time taken to get a new map). Otherwise this'll just end up sitting in the corner gathering dust.

*edit*

I'll get it when it drops to $10 or whatever.

I guess you'd say the same if we have loads of new combat zones, but no new aircraft to fly over them.

Don't you ever feel by waiting till the bargain basement prices arrive before buying that YOU are the very reason that we have to wait for terrain packages instead of having them all served up together. Or do you imagine it is the fairies that make the mods here?

Why not be magnanimous and stump up for this excellent addition to the stable, and help finance the rest of the stuff you'd like?

Edited by NeilWillis

Well as a helo pilot, fixed wing don't really do it for me.............

That said, it's another stunning module for DCS, and another classic aircraft so hell yes, I'll be buying it the moment it comes out, along with DCS Hawk and the Mig 21. I just hope the system will allow me to use my 70% off voucher. :)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

First day buy for me. The F86 is iconic, a beautiful design and a great fighter like the P-51 and the F-15. And I shall enjoy battling the AI mig 15 for a long time. The DCS p-51 is still enjoyable as far as I'm concerned. But we each must have our own opinions and appreciate each other's points of view.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

i will buy it maybe in the next sale

not at the release!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

The next jet released will be day one, just waiting to see witch one now.

i5 4670 - Sabertooth Z87- GTX Titan - Dell U3011 30" - 2x8GB RAM 1800 - Samsung 840 EVO 512GB SSD - Warthog HOTAS - CH Pro pedals - TrackIR5 - Win7 64bit

EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE :thumbup:

Hello guys,

Anybody know the release date of this incredible F-86 ?

I ask this question because my credit card is ready and more hot than hell since I have seen all the new screenshots of the F-86...

It's a real torture because I wait also the Mig-21bis, wait these two awesome modules when we have the authorization or one link I buy it but hard to wait...

Bye, Skull.

Hello guys,

Anybody know the release date of this incredible F-86 ?

I ask this question because my credit card is ready and more hot than hell since I have seen all the new screenshots of the F-86...

It's a real torture because I wait also the Mig-21bis, wait these two awesome modules when we have the authorization or one link I buy it but hard to wait...

Bye, Skull.

JULY

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Wish I could, but my budget is severly limted at the moment. Im lucky to have work, but even working earns me barely enough to put food on the table and a roof over my head. So sure, Ill be getting the Sabre at some point...when times are better.

+1:(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

My name is Bill and I am from Nigeria. I am contacting you in regards to your long lost cousin who has just passed and has given you rights to his estate which includes up to 4 million pesos. In order to receive your fortune I will need your bank account numbers and address to set up a wire transfer. I will also need $49.99 exactly before mid July to process this transfer.......jkidding

Summer has made me broke and its just beginning, thank god I have a Credit Card for this and the Mig-21.

• Like 1

Thanks SkateZilla,

Jun will be a long month...

Thanks again, Skull.

July also doesn't mean july first... worst case scenario we have to wait a month and 3 weeks T_T

Well , worst case scenario would be it getting delayed , but that woulnd't happen to a DCS module.. right?

Right? :(

My name is Bill and I am from Nigeria. I am contacting you in regards to your long lost cousin who has just passed and has given you rights to his estate which includes up to 4 million pesos. In order to receive your fortune I will need your bank account numbers and address to set up a wire transfer. I will also need $49.99 exactly before mid July to process this transfer.......jkidding

Summer has made me broke and its just beginning, thank god I have a Credit Card for this and the Mig-21.

I'm on the floor :megalol:

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

July also doesn't mean july first... worst case scenario we have to wait a month and 3 weeks T_T

What can I say ?

Wait, see and pray...